Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn it now he will have to wait to show he is good just like Cousins. then in like 4 years he will be getting a franchise tag and all the teams that always suck at picking QBs will be kicking themselves again. It's no surprise the Browns and Jets are always terrible at the QB position with how they draft 1st round QBs fall to them and they blow it  

And there goes Day.......Still have my eye on Ridgeway. Billings, Feeney, Wallace, Blair, Ochi, Judon, Cowser, Mcalister, Antwuan Woods, Dean Lowry to name a few

Billings not able to affect the pass game and get after the QB? This is news to me

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

And there goes Day.......Still have my eye on Ridgeway

Billings not able to affect the pass game and get after the QB? This is news to me

That's what I'm hearing too. I put up an article in another topic that said the same thing. I don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's what I'm hearing too. I put up an article in another topic that said the same thing. I don't get it. 

Now I do believe he has the same problem Parry has and that's breaking down in space. From that point I get it

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'll bet its weed rumors or something like that.

Nevermind, just saw the tweet about no character issues.

6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Now I do believe he has the same problem Parry has and that's breaking down in space. From that point I get it

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'll bet its weed rumors or something like that.

Nevermind, just saw the tweet about no character issues.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2636848-what-caused-hyped-nfl-draft-prospects-andrew-billings-connor-cook-to-fall

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'd like to share another perspective, and hope that it doesn't come across as argumentative....

You see it as getting 90% of what could be expected.    OK.

But that 10%,  those 42 points,  that represents another 4th round pick, or certainly a 5th round pick.   That's another quality player.       So, instead of getting two solid players,  we're getting one.

I would think for a franchise that is moving away from using free agency and embracing the draft more to build the team,  only getting one solid player when it should be getting two is a big sacrifice.

My long-term concern is once you demonstrate that you're willing to make a discounted deal,  that we should expect more offers like that.     Discounted deals.      It'll be harder to do deals where the points are closer to matching.       And I don't view that as an insignificant thing.      Eventually it adds up.....

That's all fair. Assuming most teams pay that kind of attention to the value chart. Don't want to known as the team that can be had for 40 points on draft day.

I do think the fact that the Colts picked up two extra picks in a draft where they were short on picks kind of explains why they were willing to make this move. Yeah, the 7th isn't very valuable, but for a team that has a few late rounders and is pretty good at rostering UDFAs, that could be a contributor.