Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman Not Happy About Fleener's Comments

Bravo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"thats what little girls do" lol, Fleener could put up some numbers and stay healthy, i personally would have picked him over Allen for those reasons but as i stated earlier Fleener is probably the last person to question effort " he must be looking in the mirror" haha. Now that he mentions it with his long hair and non existent ability to break an arm tackle Fleener is kind of like a liitle girl!

14 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Freeman obviously cared about the organization.

Makes me regret the loss of Freeman even more.

LB corp is an absolute mess right now.  Zero depth.  Not going to panic . . . yet.  Still plenty of time left.

Yeah, it's sad that he isn't on the team anymore, and you're right, his comments show that he did have passion for the team.

Finally Freeman made a play that makes me wish we'd kept him lol....In sincerity though I appreciate his words....I haven't had access to the alleged tape they are arguing about above to see who was knitting with only one needle last year consistently, but would love to see it, One would think if someone was mailing it in you would see a surprise release/ cut by the coaching staff then I could at least believe Fleener's accusations were true....but maybe the poster is saying people or peoples were mailing it in and the coaching staff was too dumb/unaware to pick up on it....that would be an even bigger problem, especially for a players coach to keep a locker room. For all of Pagano's shortcomings, real or imagined I didn't think anyone thought he lost the locker room.

18 minutes ago, crunked said:

Finally Freeman made a play that makes me wish we'd kept him lol...

Thing is though we wouldn't have heard this from him if he hadn't left, so lol. I agree I wish we had kept him though. Not sure what the plan was on letting him walk  for so cheap.

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Freeman obviously cared about the organization.

Makes me regret the loss of Freeman even more.

LB corp is an absolute mess right now.  Zero depth.  Not going to panic . . . yet.  Still plenty of time left.

Don't take this the wrong way but if he really cared, he would've stayed. The Colts supposedly offered the same amount of money for him to stay.

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

"thats what little girls do" lol, Fleener could put up some numbers and stay healthy, i personally would have picked him over Allen for those reasons but as i stated earlier Fleener is probably the last person to question effort " he must be looking in the mirror" haha. Now that he mentions it with his long hair and non existent ability to break an arm tackle Fleener is kind of like a liitle girl!

What does his hair have to do with anything? You sound like my flat top haired old man in 1968.

Fleener can say what he wants,  its probably true in some instances. But he didn't name freeman. So my thing is if you know it's not you,  then why are you so PO'd? No reason to be mad unless its true.  

He said he helped build what was over here.  A team isn't a house you build and then leave. if it meant so much to you then why leave for so cheap when grigson probably could have matched it?  Maybe we didn't keep him because he was one of the guys Fleener was taking about. 

One doth protest too much.

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Nobody should make fun of Fleener's hair. He donates it to locks of love who give it to kids that lose their hair. http://www.locksoflove.org/

7 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Nobody should make fun of Fleener's hair. He donates it to Locks of Love who give it to kids that have long term hair loss from medical treatments. 

just speculation here... i think Fleeners comment was directed 100% at Andre Johnson but Fleener should not have said it in an interview.  He made it sound as if he was the only one trying last year... 

I agree that Andre was just collecting a check and showed zero aggression, toughness, or determination and did not live up to the potential threat we thought he would be at WR.  at the same time, Fleener NEVER lived up to his potential at TE either.  He showed lack of discipline, heart, focus, strength, and just straight up looked like a soft little wimp.  

We should've kept Freeman, they are always talking about wanting horse shoe guys imo they just let one get away. I really liked his comment about him having a hand it building what we've got in indy and taking Fleener comments personal. Shows he really was a team guy and liked being a Colt.

Fleener may have had a point but keep your mouth shut Coby.  Throwing players in the bus through media is childish and shows his character.

Sorry to see Freeman leave (I have a Freeman jersey) but I am glad he called out Fleener. All Fleener has done is put a target on his back when he plays the players he insulted

But dont worry Colts fans a mild breeze can tackle Fleener 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fleener had a valid point. There were a couple of players on the Colts that were not playing to their capabilities.

That isn't the point.....

The point is to say nothing about it while you were there,  and then to say something about it now that you're longer with the team doesn't go over real well --- THAT'S Freeman's point.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Fleener can say what he wants,  its probably true in some instances. But he didn't name freeman. So my thing is if you know it's not you,  then why are you so PO'd? No reason to be mad unless its true.

He said he helped build what was over here.  A team isn't a house you build and then leave. if it meant so much to you then why leave for so cheap when grigson probably could have matched it?  Maybe we didn't keep him because he was one of the guys Fleener was taking about.

One doth protest too much.

Fleener shouldn't have made such a blanket statement. He pretty much threw question marks at the whole team, and as a player, I would have felt insulted as well. Fleener could have mentioned this after the season was done, but he decided to do it when the door hit him on the as* on the way out and as he was signing with the Saints. Freeman was correct in saying "that was a (expletive) move". Fleener should have just kept quiet.

As far as Freeman, yes the Colts offered him before free agency, but with how the Colts handled his situation last year and offering him a 1-year deal for peanuts, I don't blame him for wanting to see what was offered in the open market. Especially after the year he had. I would have loved to have kept Freeman, but the Colts should have taken care of him last year and it would have probably been cheaper. I appreciate the fact that Freeman stood up for his former teammates.

10 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Fleener shouldn't have made such a blanket statement. He pretty much threw question marks at the whole team, and as a player, I would have felt insulted as well. Fleener could have mentioned this after the season was done, but he decided to do it when the door hit him on the as* on the way out and as he was signing with the Saints. Freeman was correct in saying "that was a (expletive) move". Fleener should have just kept quiet.

As far as Freeman, yes the Colts offered him before free agency, but with how the Colts handled his situation last year and offering him a 1-year deal for peanuts, I don't blame him for wanting to see what was offered in the open market. Especially after the year he had. I would have loved to have kept Freeman, but the Colts should have taken care of him last year and it would have probably been cheaper. I appreciate the fact that Freeman stood up for his former teammates.

Timing is bad, the point is not.

20 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

considering the effort given in the bills, jets, first titans and steelers games, coby does have a point.  go back a year and you can say the same about the cowbowys, steelers and patriots games. 

i left some others out too, and its not just that they lost.  its that they dont show up to play 4 quarters far too often

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

just speculation here... i think Fleeners comment was directed 100% at Andre Johnson but Fleener should not have said it in an interview.  He made it sound as if he was the only one trying last year... 

I agree that Andre was just collecting a check and showed zero aggression, toughness, or determination and did not live up to the potential threat we thought he would be at WR.  at the same time, Fleener NEVER lived up to his potential at TE either.  He showed lack of discipline, heart, focus, strength, and just straight up looked like a soft little wimp.  

this was the first player that popped into my mind.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fleener had a valid point. There were a couple of players on the Colts that were not playing to their capabilities.

OK then be a man and check them at that point not wait till you leave the team and start talking 

35 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Fleener may have had a point but keep your mouth shut Coby.  Throwing players in the bus through media is childish and shows his character.

Sorry to see Freeman leave (I have a Freeman jersey) but I am glad he called out Fleener. All Fleener has done is put a target on his back when he plays the players he insulted

But dont worry Colts fans a mild breeze can tackle Fleener 

Wow lol the realest comment I read in a while.

I think Freeman has a valid point. If Fleener had the guts to even address the players and tell it to their face man-to-man, he'd get more respect, IMO. Even if he does not single out one person and talks in general in the locker room about it, he'd have gotten more respect.

Talking behind someone's back, after he has left the organization, does seem like a high school girl to me, even if there is truth to it. I can see why Freeman was offended and you need people like Freeman that step up and talk up to be in that locker room. It is a pity Freeman is not here in Indy, IMO.

I don't care WHAT Fleener said,  but I DO care about how and the way he said it.    To do so to a group of New Orleans reporters AFTER you leave the team is just wrong.    It's *.  

If Coby was not comfortable getting in a teammates face to tell him to man-up and give more effort,  then he needs to go to a teammate who IS willing to do that and tell him what he (Coby) thinks...   he needed to ask a teammate to do the heavy lifting and get in a teammates face.

I believe what Coby said.    Crappy disappointing seasons have a way of breeding discontent.    And all the talk about Pagano being fired and Grigson being a hated jerk is a strong negative effect on a team.      But Coby needed to take care of business while he was on the team -- and NOT spill it after he's out the door.

Color me NOT impressed....

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think Freeman has a valid point. If Fleener had the guts to even address the players and tell it to their face man-to-man, he'd get more respect, IMO. Even if he does not single out one person and talks in general in the locker room about it, he'd have gotten more respect.

Talking behind someone's back, after he has left the organization, does seem like a high school girl to me, even if there is truth to it. I can see why Freeman was offended and you need people like Freeman that step up and talk up to be in that locker room. It is a pity Freeman is not here in Indy, IMO.

This. If Fleener was a leader and driving force of the team, he would have brought this up during the season and tried to light a fire under whoever didn't have one. The combination of his unwillingness to do that and general inability to be a consistent game changer (read play with a level of toughness his physical ability suggests he can), make me totally fine with him walking out the door. The question isn't about whether or not Fleener is telling the truth (I'm sure some players did quit and frankly this happens on almost every team, every year to some degree), it is about how he only addressed it after he left the organization. Basically, Fleener quit on his team too because he saw an issue and chose to address it after he signed somewhere else.

This all assumes he didn't actually address it during the season as Freeman's comments suggest...

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Allen is better, we will be fine. Nice Post Chad, I liked Freeman too!