Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman Not Happy About Fleener's Comments

Bravo

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

That isn't the point.....

The point is to say nothing about it while you were there,  and then to say something about it now that you're longer with the team doesn't go over real well --- THAT'S Freeman's point.

Neither are Colt players any longer so I really don't care.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Timing is bad, the point is not.

Sure it was. Had Fleener been resigned by the Colts, I GUARANTEE this is never said. He said it knowing he wouldn't have to "face" that locker room again. Fleener had nothing to gain by saying what he said and it makes him look foolish, in my opinion, because he did it after having not been resigned by the Colts. Just sail off into the sunset and enjoy that payday.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

considering the effort given in the bills, jets, first titans and steelers games, coby does have a point.  go back a year and you can say the same about the cowbowys, steelers and patriots games.

i left some others out too, and its not just that they lost.  its that they dont show up to play 4 quarters far too often

But where was Coby in those games? Luck was absolute garbage in the Bills and Jets games, as well 3 quarters of the Titans games. Do you think Luck was in the back of Fleeners mind when he spouted off? I highly doubt it. Coby needed to worry about Coby and where/what he was doing in the majority of his games. The Colts looked to have said "no thank you" for a pretty good reason...

8 hours ago, Dustin said:

Like who?

Thornton in my opinion

Holmes in my opinion

Castonzo definitly

That's 3/5ths of our starting O Line

He also may have been talking about backups not getting it done behind the scenes off the field

Now Fleener may have been vocal in the locker room but if not then running off to NO and opening his mouth just shows he is a coward...and mentally soft

Fleener was right in my opinion but maybe a coward as well.

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sure it was. Had Fleener been resigned by the Colts, I GUARANTEE this is never said. He said it knowing he wouldn't have to "face" that locker room again. Fleener had nothing to gain by saying what he said and it makes him look foolish, in my opinion, because he did it after having not been resigned by the Colts. Just sail off into the sunset and enjoy that payday.

But where was Coby in those games? Luck was absolute garbage in the Bills and Jets games, as well 3 quarters of the Titans games. Do you think Luck was in the back of Fleeners mind when he spouted off? I highly doubt it. Coby needed to worry about Coby and where/what he was doing in the majority of his games. The Colts looked to have said "no thank you" for a pretty good reason...

i would have to rewatch the games to see what fleener did.  what i do remember is the receivers weren't getting open but luck and pep kept trying to force it.  i think the comments were mostly directed at AJ.

the line was a mess too, and that could also be what he was referring to

As long as we're talking about the things that other people say that we are not happy about.  I'm not happy about Freeman saying this

That’s what little girls do, talk about you when you’re not around. I’m a grown man.

Use your own gender when making a case that you are better than someone

27 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Thornton in my opinion

Holmes in my opinion

Castonzo definitly

He also may have been talking about backups not getting it done behind the scenes off the field

Now Fleener may have been vocal in the locker room but if not then running off to NO and opening his mouth just shows he is a coward...and mentally soft

Poppycock!

There's a difference between not playing well,   and not giving effort.

I'm not sure why but you don't seem to know the difference.

I wouldn't think any of our O-LINEMAN were not giving effort!

13 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Thornton in my opinion

Holmes in my opinion

Castonzo definitly

I agree it was cowardly and served no purpose.
 To me, something just seems off with our player development.

Like Thornton and Holmes. Why are they so soft and middling?

Maybe satisfied taking their low pay, qualifying for the NFL pension, and trying not to get hurt?
 Castonzo IMO, works Very hard but is just not so good. Had a good year going into FA then poof! Common!
  In 4 years the great Chuck hasn`t developed a single DB.

IMO the 1st guy Fleener was thinking of was Allen.

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Neither are Colt players any longer so I really don't care.

That's fine.....

But it's one of the top stories over on NFL.com  and in short order,  there are more than 40 responses on this site...      so, some Colts fans care about this.....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

But it's one of the top stories over on NFL.com  and in short order,  there are more than 40 responses on this site...      so, some Colts fans care about this.....

a lot of them are colts haters.  that site has been full of those since deflategate

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Poppycock!

There's a difference between not playing well,   and not giving effort.

I'm not sure why but you don't seem to know the difference.

I wouldn't think any of our O-LINEMAN were not giving effort!

right because every player gives all out effort on every play :funny:

It was an opinion, Get over it.

It was an ignorant, poorly thought out opinion.

I'm already over it.

But, by all means,  keep amusing yourself......

Only to those who are gullible enough to believe all players give effort on every play and put in the time to reach there potential

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.      Sure they are.      Keep telling yourself that.....     :facepalm:

it is true.  every colts article has people trashing irsay, grigson and luck.  even if those three are not even mentioned

i know you think im always over reacting but here are some quotes from the comments

" Tank-Gate Part II "

" Can someone tell me if Freeman was on the team when the Colts Threw all those games to get the 1st pick in Draft ? "

" You would never see the pats do this... typical classless colts franchise. "

" They "sucked" to get Luck, should it be surprising they did the same when they were down a Luck? "

"Well at least irsay was lucky enough to only get pulled over, baby scarface could have killed someone just as easily. And colts cheat too. They just prefer pumping in artifical noise. I don't blame the colts players. Just bad ownership. A classless owner will equal out to a classless franchise everytime!"

those comments dont even have anything to do with the article

18 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Only to those who are gullible enough to believe all players give effort on every play and put in the time to reach there potential

Yeah....   right.    OK....     whatever....

Never been called "gullible" before....    well,  there's a first for everything.....    especially on this site...

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it is true.  every colts article has people trashing irsay, grigson and luck.  even if those three are not even mentioned

i know you think im always over reacting but here are some quotes from the comments

" Tank-Gate Part II "

" Can someone tell me if Freeman was on the team when the Colts Threw all those games to get the 1st pick in Draft ? "

" You would never see the pats do this... typical classless colts franchise. "

" They "sucked" to get Luck, should it be surprising they did the same when they were down a Luck? "

"Well at least irsay was lucky enough to only get pulled over, baby scarface could have killed someone just as easily. And colts cheat too. They just prefer pumping in artifical noise. I don't blame the colts players. Just bad ownership. A classless owner will equal out to a classless franchise everytime!"

those comments dont even have anything to do with the article

Who cares about the "comments" section?       Who EVER cares about the comments section?

It's not just NFL.com who has the story.....      EVERYONE has the story.     No reputable media outlet could avoid the story.

ESPN has it...   so does CBS Sports...    so does Pro Football Talk...   so does Yahoo.

You think they ALL hate the Colts?!?    

It's a story.     It's a good story.     If you're in the media business then you run the story -- period.

Don't overthink this.       

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah....   right.    OK....     whatever....

Never been called "gullible" before....    well,  there's a first for everything.....    especially on this site...

Maybe we should just leave this as a difference of opinion and leave it at that. I respect your opinions and think your a good guy and like ya. I don't want to get into it with ya. Ill just say those players that I named have more potential then what they have reached and the things they struggled with come game (With the exception of Castonzo....Who I probably should not have named...I think his issues last year more rooted in weight and strength) day they should not be struggling with as much as they do which is mainly technique and awareness

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think they ALL hate the Colts?!?    

no, it is not about the media this time.  its about the relentless trolling from the patriot fans since deflate gate broke. 

sorry but that scandal struck a nerve with me, then their fans dare to have the nerve to call out the colts, for calling them out for cheating.

as for the comment section, i often skip the article and go straight to the comments.(i'm sure you love that)

I might read the comments section on less than 1% of the stories I read....    and I read a ton.

On a media site,  I only care about the story.....     reading the comment section will drive you crazy.   Everyone has an opinion no matter what....    

yeah, i jump into that fire a little too often.  i do enjoy trolling them back though, and there is plenty of ammo

it wasnt like this before deflate gate either.  sure the fan bases didnt like each other, but since that time it has turned into an all out flame war

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Thornton in my opinion

Holmes in my opinion

Castonzo definitly

I don't think Coby has the credibility to be calling out anyone's integrity/character whether he was right or not. There were games he could have easily been called out as well. This was something that he should have never commented on, and as you said, especially when he just got shown the door. Like I stated in another post, had he been resigned I don't think he says a word about this.

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah, i jump into that fire a little too often.  i do enjoy trolling them back though, and there is plenty of ammo

it wasnt like this before deflate gate either.  sure the fan bases didnt like each other, but since that time it has turned into an all out flame war

I hear you.....     but the "comments" section is typically a black hole for intelligence....    smart comments get sucked in and our buried under an avalanche of not-so-smart comments....     the smart stuff never sees the light of day...

I'm just hoping the NFL wins deflate gate......   

You know, he might be hinting at Allen.  Fleener might be upset when he compares his stats and games played to those of Allen.  He may think he deserved the job and Allen should have been let go.  He has an argument , but he shouldn't have cried like a girl about it.  Kinda lame to talk smack like that.

Fleener always played timidly and "weak" tor a TE.  He was more of a WR.  He should fit right in with Brees Nd Graham's old role.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Your comment only addresses the timing and not his point.  If you were attacking his point you would talk about the substance of his post and not its delivery. 

Therefore, Timing is bad, his point is not.

6 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Probably Coby Fleener, aha!!!  

One ne would think a 6-6 250 lb TE could break a tackle!  

I don't think he was ever recovered from getting cracked by Ray Lewis in the playoff game from the 2012 season. Been soft ever since. Not an excuse though.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

And people wonder why we didn't pay more money for these folks...

I think it comes down to Fleener not fitting in the new offense as well as Allen can, and Irsay telling Pags and Grigs they have to get younger on defense didn't help Freeman any. They had a set amount of years and money they were going to offer him and they was not going to budge. But I get what your saying, they are not doing themselves any favors.

14 minutes ago, Slick12 said:

I think it comes down to Fleener not fitting in the new offense as well as Allen can, and Irsay telling Pags and Grigs they have to get younger on defense didn't help Freeman any. They had a set amount of years and money they were going to offer him and they was not going to budge. But I get what your saying, they are not doing themselves any favors.

What I said was more tongue in cheek, but there was a little truth in it, which you have accurately caught on.

I'm 100% with Freeman on this one.  I hate when players air things like this out to the media.  Be mature, be professional, and go talk to the guy you have a problem with.  If this is what Fleener is really like (which would be weird seeing how his character has never been an issue during his time as a pro), I'm glad he's gone.  On the other hand, Freeman stood up for guys he doesn't even play with anymore.  That's a leader.