Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can you root for the Patriots Sunday night?

tfunky14

12 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Being a Colts' fan your not to root for the Patriots in any sort of way but this weekend you might have to.

If the Colt win on Sunday against Jacksonville I guess it really doesn't matter  then.

But what if the Colts lose, then they need Houston to lose to the Patriots to help with a playoff birth.

So, are you rooting for the Patriots Sunday night?

No because if the Colts lose they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway. I hate the Patroits no way I'm rooting for them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance I am rotting for the Pats.   Besides, I kind of like Houston.   I had a hard time not rooting for them against the Bills.

I want the Colts to make the playoffs, but if they can't be better than a 6-6 Houston team, maybe they shouldn't make it. 

One huge thing to consider that nobody has brought up is if we beat the Jags and the Texans lose to the Pats, then we beat the Texans on DEC 20th we clinch the Division at that point. So at 8-6 we are in if those things take place. We can rest all of our key players the final 2 weeks and Andrew even gets more time to heal. Andrew can come back play the 1 game vs the Texans than rest again until the Playoffs basically + players like Gore, Mathis, and Adams could get the needed rest as well.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I am openly and unapologetically rooting for the Patriots Sunday night.

:sip:

If we beat the Jags and the Pats beat the Texans, then we beat the Texans on the 20th we clinch the Division. Means relaxation for 3 weeks and having fun just watching other teams beat each other up. We can rest up at that point and be a machine come Playoff time too.

My rooting interest this week would be:

1. Colts over Jags

2. Bengals over Steelers

3. Pats/Texans are a win/win to me. Pats losing almost guarantees AFCC won't be in Foxboro. Pats winning helps the Colts directly.

Even if Luck gets hot, the O-line provides protection and running lanes, and mistakes get cleaned up (penalties, interceptions bad tackling) my biggest concern this year is lack of pass rush. The only hope there is that the secondary play gets better, to allow for a more efficient pass rush.

Since I learned this past Sunday the Colts need an interpreter between the offensive coaching staff I see this as proof they are second only to Cleveland in terms of a dysfunctional club. They will not move forward in the playoffs Luck or no Luck, but we don't need to root for the Pats. After back-to-back losses and the upcoming game will be a night game NE should in the name of vengeance crush the empty shell of a team like the Texans. This has been a forgettable season proving the Colts do not know how to staff a team with the continued lack of any hint of a running attack.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat the Jags and the Pats beat the Texans, then we beat the Texans on the 20th we clinch the Division. Means relaxation for 3 weeks and having fun just watching other teams beat each other up. We can rest up at that point and be a machine come Playoff time too.

Don't know about being a machine, maybe as a buggy. Panthers are a Machine and Chiefs/Hawks are 2 very hot teams should they roll into the playoffs. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 11:14 AM, ColtsLegacy said:

Rooting for a tie and/or for JJ Watt to injury himself whilst injuring Brady on monster hit.

That made me laugh out loud.  I never want any player to be injured, so I hope JJ just wears himself out and Brady decides he's tired of being hit and retires.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

On 12/7/2015 at 11:08 AM, tfunky14 said:

Being a Colts' fan your not to root for the Patriots in any sort of way but this weekend you might have to.

If the Colt win on Sunday against Jacksonville I guess it really doesn't matter  then.

But what if the Colts lose, then they need Houston to lose to the Patriots to help with a playoff birth.

So, are you rooting for the Patriots Sunday night?

Nope. Can't root for the cheats

Hell naw I won't be rooting for NE. Yes Houston is right on our behind for the division, but I just can't root for a team that's been our nemesis since the 21st century began. Plus I don't want them to get HFA yet again. Call me crazy, but I believe we can go into Cincy &/or Denver & win. NE? Not so much. They haven't won a road playoff game since 06 vs SD & they had no business wining that game.

On 12/7/2015 at 0:42 PM, DalTXColtsFan said:

If the Colts can't beat a Jaguars team that just lost to the frickin' Titans, what hope do we have of winning a round in the playoffs anyway?

We could get blown out by the jags win the rest of our games make the playoffs and go on a super bowl run.

On December 7, 2015 at 0:33 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Nope hope they lose by 40

im the same way with the Cowboys I want them to lose every game for the rest of time 

I'm with ya on the permanent Dallas disdain CF12, but I have no qualms with NE at all. I just wish this Luck regime could figure out a way to get a victory against them. 

Sure, I can root for the Patriots, but I like JJ Watt too so this matchup is a tough one for me. I just want a competitive game. 

For those saying you aren't rooting for them... You do realize that if the Texans win Sunday night and we lose to the Jags Sunday, we'll almost certainly have to win out to win the division right (making our margin for error almost 0 for the rest of the regular season)?

Yeah, I hate the Pats too, but it makes no sense to me those people who say "NO, NO WAY WILL I ROOT FOR (insert team you hate here)". If it means the difference between playoffs or not for YOUR team, why would not root for said hated team?

Naturally, I'd prefer it if  INDY won the AFC South again & if NE can aid us in that pursuit, I'm fine with it. 

All I want is a healthy Luck who follows Matthew's footsteps of releasing the ball quickly & more involvement with Moncrief, Allen, Doyle, & AJ earlier in games. TY is a great asset yes, but don't rely on him so much when you get into trouble or a must have 3rd down conversion. 

Like CW said above, I'll root for whatever team helps my squad out as the end of the regular season approaches. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 3:53 PM, Smonroe said:

That made me laugh out loud.  I never want any player to be injured, so I hope JJ just wears himself out and Brady decides he's tired of being hit and retires.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I don't root for career ending injuries, ever. Just a couple/few games. :)

Obviously. As much as i dislike the Patriots for knocking the Colts out of so many playoffs and the spygate stuff, they are not important to us right now besides this game. The Texans need to lose this week. No matter what team plays them, I will root against the Texans.

On 12/9/2015 at 8:51 PM, SOMDColtsfan said:

Rooting for any other team to enable the Colts into the playoffs is a pansy way of making it. Take care of our own business and the rest takes care of itself..

We as fans can root for whoever we want. It has nothing to do with the Colts being pansies, or the fans being pansies. OK tough guy?

Whatever happens Sunday, it comes down to Texans vs. Colts next week. So.......

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

18 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

We as fans can root for whoever we want. It has nothing to do with the Colts being pansies, or the fans being pansies. OK tough guy?

Whatever happens Sunday, it comes down to Texans vs. Colts next week. So.......

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

Nice reference to the Bill Murray film "Stripes" there CS. :thmup:

Of course I am rooting for the Pats this week against Houston.  A Texans loss coupled with a Colts win this week means that if the Colts beat the Texans next week, the Colts clinch the division.  Thus a no brainer to root for Pats this week versus the Texans.  Go Pats!  Go Colts!

13 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Of course I am rooting for the Pats this week against Houston.  A Texans loss coupled with a Colts win this week means that if the Colts beat the Texans next week, the Colts clinch the division.  Thus a no brainer to root for Pats this week versus the Texans.  Go Pats!  Go Colts!

Yup. Not to mention this would allow for a number of players to rest and get healthy before the playoffs instead of having to play in the last two regular season games.