Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck abdominal tear out 2 to 6 weeks (Merge)

TKnight24

You think that getting hit and hit hard on 10 to 12 plays earlier in the game could not in any way contributed to him finally being hurt badly on this play? He got smoked on almost every pass play the second he released the ball. After so may big hits, eventually the body gives in.

In a real life, and not video game, you do not injury your neck by taking 3 hits in ribs, 4 hits in knees and 2 hits in a back.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr Grigson,

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there are actually teams in the NFL that make it a priority to protect the valuable asset of a winning quarterback. While you are busy drafting small wide receivers and multiple pass rushers who can't rush the passer, signing free agent running backs, safeties and trading for defensive lineman, your quarterback is getting slammed, pummeled & crushed by defensive ends, defensive tackles, linebackers, blitzing safeties and anyone else who enters the field on the defensive side of the ball, occasionally all of them hit him on the same play.

I don't know if you have watched any of the games the past few years, but please take a look, crash test dummies have an easier life than our quarterback.  As punishment, we have decided that you will fill in at the quarterback position over the next several weeks, and then after your visit to the ER, your third or so visit to the orthopedic doctor and your fourth adjustment from your chiropractor, maybe you will come to the realization that a good offensive line is important to winning football.

Dear Mr Grigson,

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there are actually teams in the NFL that make it a priority to protect the valuable asset of a winning quarterback. While you are busy drafting small wide receivers and multiple pass rushers who can't rush the passer, signing free agent running backs, safeties and trading for defensive lineman, your quarterback is getting slammed, pummeled & crushed by defensive ends, defensive tackles, linebackers, blitzing safeties and anyone else who enters the field on the defensive side of the ball, occasionally all of them hit him on the same play.

I don't know if you have watched any of the games the past few years, but please take a look, crash test dummies have an easier life than our quarterback.  As punishment, we have decided that you will fill in at the quarterback position over the next several weeks, and then after your visit to the ER, your third or so visit to the orthopedic doctor and your fourth adjustment from your chiropractor, maybe you will come to the realization that a good offensive line is important to winning football.

Uh. 

It happened on a scramble.

How is that the line's fault?

Dear Mr Grigson,

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there are actually teams in the NFL that make it a priority to protect the valuable asset of a winning quarterback. While you are busy drafting small wide receivers and multiple pass rushers who can't rush the passer, signing free agent running backs, safeties and trading for defensive lineman, your quarterback is getting slammed, pummeled & crushed by defensive ends, defensive tackles, linebackers, blitzing safeties and anyone else who enters the field on the defensive side of the ball, occasionally all of them hit him on the same play.

I don't know if you have watched any of the games the past few years, but please take a look, crash test dummies have an easier life than our quarterback. As punishment, we have decided that you will fill in at the quarterback position over the next several weeks, and then after your visit to the ER, your third or so visit to the orthopedic doctor and your fourth adjustment from your chiropractor, maybe you will come to the realization that a good offensive line is important to winning football.

Dear Jerry Jones.

Tony Romo was terminated on a pass play, so your OL is garbage. Try better next April.

Dear Mr Grigson,

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there are actually teams in the NFL that make it a priority to protect the valuable asset of a winning quarterback. While you are busy drafting small wide receivers and multiple pass rushers who can't rush the passer, signing free agent running backs, safeties and trading for defensive lineman, your quarterback is getting slammed, pummeled & crushed by defensive ends, defensive tackles, linebackers, blitzing safeties and anyone else who enters the field on the defensive side of the ball, occasionally all of them hit him on the same play.

I don't know if you have watched any of the games the past few years, but please take a look, crash test dummies have an easier life than our quarterback. As punishment, we have decided that you will fill in at the quarterback position over the next several weeks, and then after your visit to the ER, your third or so visit to the orthopedic doctor and your fourth adjustment from your chiropractor, maybe you will come to the realization that a good offensive line is important to winning football.

Thank you Ryan Grigson for this wonderful present.  First, you spend money all off season to bring us some very good FA's who you believe can help us.  Some have, some haven't.  Then, we draft ANOTHER WR, albeit a future good one for this team which has a zillion WRs.  Then you don't make an offer to La' rel (OT from LSU) and allow the Cowboys to pick him up.  You trade a #1 pick for a RB (Richardson) who was a complete bust.  You continue to allow Pep Hamilton to call offensive plays that put Luck's health and safety at risk.  You ignore Guards FAs who are available (Incognito and Mathis).  Your major asset, Luck, has become the Red Cross of QBs.  He is harassed and hit on most plays because he doesn't have a decent OLine.  Thanks again!  I hope you leave soon.

Thank you Ryan Grigson for this wonderful present.  First, you spend money all off season to bring us some very good FA's who you believe can help us.  Some have, some haven't.  Then, we draft ANOTHER WR, albeit a future good one for this team which has a zillion WRs.  Then you don't make an offer to La' rel (OT from LSU) and allow the Cowboys to pick him up.  You trade a #1 pick for a RB (Richardson) who was a complete bust.  You continue to allow Pep Hamilton to call offensive plays that put Luck's health and safety at risk.  You ignore Guards FAs who are available (Incognito and Mathis).  Your major asset, Luck, has become the Red Cross of QBs.  He is harassed and hit on most plays because he doesn't have a decent OLine.  Thanks again!  I hope you leave soon.

This particular situation was not on Ryan Grigson. Many fans have been saying Luck should run the football more and pick up first downs. I think this injury happened when he got sandwiched in between two defenders on Sunday running for a first down. If you want to run the football, you have to learn to get down when a hit is coming.

Seriously - Luck was hurt on a scramble with an average line that people perceive as the worst in football and to some "experts" the worst in their years of playing and covering the game and people blame the line. Romo has multiple injuries, multiple, while passing behind his "top" line but they get a pass. I'm overly critical of the GM on here but come on.

Smartest thing is to just put him on IR and get him 100% healthy to start next season. He has taken a beating this year and I can see it being much worse if he comes back after a few weeks. Hopefully the organization can get this OL half way decent by the start of next season and protect they're franchise QB if they want to have any chance in the future of winning a SB!

No it wasn't.  The contact from the second hit from behind is before Andrew's butt hits the ground.  Luck was not down yet.

Wasn't late, but didn't have to happen. I know hits like that happen all the time. It's a way to legally hurt another player, or at least take your best shot at doing so. You know he's going down without a doubt, but you have an opportunity to knock the **** out of him. Of course, maybe knock the ball loose at the same time.

It should be noted....   that there are two actual injuries,  not one.

There is a lacerated kidney and there is a torn abdominal muscle.

Odds are,  they're not going to heal at the same time or the same rate.

One could be healed in a few weeks,  the other might need more time than that.

We're in the dark on this.....   and we're going to be in the dark for sometime.....

We made a play for Collins, he did not choose us. I wish we would have used a useless 7th but the guy did say he would sit out the season. We agree to be mad about the fact he didn't take a meeting with Incognito if he is really that concerned about protecting 12. Mathis would have been better than Herremans but at that point we had our guys. Pep's been replaced. Richardson made sense at the time because he had a successful season with no QB and one good receiver in cleveland and still was able to play well and we just lost Ballard to an ACL, plus the fact a late 20's pick is astronomically unequal to a top 5 pick as some people who fault Grigson like to think.

This is all relevant information but does not change the fact Luck was injured on a scramble.

Uh. 

It happened on a scramble.

How is that the line's fault?

well he is one of the most hit QB for four years now. this year he suffered a shoulder injury, a rip injury and now a kidney injury. now people still think the OL is doing a good job and just can't be responsibly for his injuries. it's just bad luck or lucks fault. i do think the horrible offensive line play over the last years is one big reason why Lucks health is such a great issue this year. At some point your body just can't take it anymore. Colts are just doing a lousy job protecting their franchise quaterback.