Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselbeck expected to start per Ian Rappoport (Merge)

Chucklez

Why do you say this?  Our D has been fine against the run this season (3.5ypc).  I don't see that changing tonight.  I think we will force Mallett to beat us and, with our secondary injurys, he may be in for a career game.

Umm No...

The Colts D will be tired to a pup since the Colts Offensive will be going 3 and out all night now..

Foster will torch the Colts in the 4th qtr now...Bank it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Looking at the bigger picture. I'm just worried about Matt's effectiveness due to the illness.

Even if Matt isn't effective, they should have figured out how to get the run game going by now.

But either way it's fine. The Colts are under no pressure to win. This isn't a super bowl campaign. Right now Luck is the priority. If you break him now, in the future you'd worrying about more than just losing to the Texans.

Why do you say this? Our D has been fine against the run this season (3.5ypc). I don't see that changing tonight. I think we will force Mallett to beat us and, with our secondary injurys, he may be in for a career game.

Well Henry Anderson could be out today, and he is probably already our best D-lineman. That may be why he said that. Plus our edge defense can be soft at times.

Why do you say this?  Our D has been fine against the run this season (3.5ypc).  I don't see that changing tonight.  I think we will force Mallett to beat us and, with our secondary injurys, he may be in for a career game.

If Anderson doesn't play the run D will suffer.

Well Henry Anderson could be out today, and he is probably already our best D-lineman. That may be why he said that. Plus our edge defense can be soft at times.

I am more concerned about Vontae not playing than Anderson.  Winn is a capable back up.  I know he's no Anderson...but I really think they will try to pass on us, especially if Vontae is out.

It may not be a lie. Did anyone see them throw passes, other then those screen passes that Luck threw. Just because Luck took all the reps doesn't necessarily mean he threw the ball. The Colts have been to know to stretch the truth or not tell the whole story before. I mean just look at this current Luck situation as an example.

Throwing screen passes isn't throwing passes?

I am more concerned about Vontae not playing than Anderson. Winn is a capable back up. I know he's no Anderson...but I really think they will try to pass on us, especially if Vontae is out.

They're gonna have to suck it up and play tonight then rest on the long week. We need this win

Neither Colts' QB, Andrew Luck and Matthew Hasselbeck, threw passes in practice this week. Not ideal situation for Thursday, or any, night.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

October 8, 2015

Neither Colts' QB, Andrew Luck and Matthew Hasselbeck, threw passes in practice this week. Not ideal situation for Thursday, or any, night.

This is why I don't like the mainstream media. This is a Lie! :scorebad:

I agree.  Theres so many conflicting reports on this, my heads spinning.  Bottom line: We'll know who's starting only when the teams take the field.

This season isn't fun.

Maybe a high draft choice next April.......  the way we are starting and with the schedule coming up....  is it too early to start the OL or Defense debate on that choice.  if we lose tonight, 9 -7 for this year will be a long shot (NE, Denver, Pitt, Atlanta, Carolina).  Likely all new staff next year, if not before, Coach, GM, Coordinators....

Maybe they couldn't forsee Matt Hasselbeck getting the flu? And, maybe, they expected Luck would, at worst, be good enough to back up Thursday (which still may be the case). Maybe you're being hysterical.

Hassleback was sick on Sunday!!  From the reports...Geez

Glass half full approach, maybe all of this is smacking Jim Irsay in the face making him realize it's time for Grigson to go.

Grigson has made some good deals for us, but it's baffling to this day how a former offensive lineman doesn't understand the importance of having a offensive line. Grigson had to have been a bench warmer

:scorebad: :scorebad:

Glad we've got one of the best backup QB situations in the NFL.  Too bad he knows he will get sacked by Watt at least once or twice.  Hope he lives to tell about it after the win...

We are in trouble IMO. I hope we can still win this game and I am wrong but it doesn't look good. We need this game badly and still aren't playing Andrew.

Maybe a high draft choice next April....... the way we are starting and with the schedule coming up.... is it too early to start the OL or Defense debate on that choice. if we lose tonight, 9 -7 for this year will be a long shot (NE, Denver, Pitt, Atlanta, Carolina). Likely all new staff next year, if not before, Coach, GM, Coordinators....

The AFC South is terrible enough for the Colts to tank and still make the playoffs. If a high draft pick is what you want, then you better root for the Titans to get hot lol.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

October 8, 2015

This is why I don't like the mainstream media. This is a Lie! :scorebad:

CHILL.

This is NOT a lie.     They're reporting the best information they're getting.

It may not be correct.    It may not be accurate.    But there's a HUGE difference between being wrong and lying.