Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hasselbeck expected to start per Ian Rappoport (Merge)

Chucklez

Congratulations, you missed the point.

Thanks, but no i didn't.  The point is just extremely weak.  Lobbing a few screen passes is quite different then making normal everyday throws that the QB's have to make to effectively run the offense.  When Schefter says they didn't throw, he is probably not taking into account a couple lobbed passes that Luck could make with his left arm if need be.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with Luck sitting out. Houston blitzes almost 50 percent of the time and you know they will be gunning for his shoulder. I'm glad we are getting some of our personnel back on defense. Hopefully we will see a bigger dose of Sio and Nate. I'm also anxious to see Vontae and Toler.

Thanks, but no i didn't. The point is just extremely weak. Lobbing a few screen passes is quite different then making normal everyday throws that the QB's have to make to effectively run the offense. When Schefter says they didn't throw, he is probably not taking into account a couple lobbed passes that Luck could make with his left arm if need be.

Screen passes or not, he threw in practice. Shef reported that neither QB threw at all. That's wrong. Period.

Glass half full approach, maybe all of this is smacking Jim Irsay in the face making him realize it's time for Grigson to go.

Grigson has made some good deals for us, but it's baffling to this day how a former offensive lineman doesn't understand the importance of having a offensive line. Grigson had to have been a bench warmer

:scorebad: :scorebad:

Seriously this stuff always gets you in trouble.

Grigson doesn't understand the important of having an offensive line?!?!?

Really,  when your brain starts to write this,  you need to develop an inner voice that says  "Wait!  Stop!!"

Of course the guy knows.    But all his moves haven't worked out, and it may just get him fired.    But the man knows the importance of an offensive line.

Stop being a drama queen!     You're smarter than this!!

Screen passes or not, he threw in practice. Shef reported that neither QB threw at all. That's wrong. Period.

He lobbed or "flipped" 2 screen passes on Monday.  Even Mike Chappell who was watching it all, said they weren't even throws.  I'm not going to argue it any further.  The only person who said Luck actually threw all week was Pagano.  Sorry, but i have a hard time believing Chuck.

We are in trouble IMO. I hope we can still win this game and I am wrong but it doesn't look good. We need this game badly and still aren't playing Andrew.

Their having Foster back and presumably not as rusty as last week will help their chances, for sure.  A lot of it really depends on Mallet and our cutting down on stupid mistakes.  I don't think Mallet's the guy you can lean on when you need to air it out.  I see this matchup as a similar one to the Jets.  And the Jets was winnable, despite all our stupid mistakes.  We cut out half those mistakes and our play calling makes more sense than it did in that game, there's no reason we can't put up at least 17 points.  We put up anything over 20, and there's a good chance we win.  Of course, now that I'm making htis prediction, watch - it'll be a 45-42 type game.  I can't even fathom the combined score being over 50.  Would be funny though.

Didn't both throw this week?

Not that anyone saw.  Mike Chappell was at practice and said Luck "flipped" 2 screen passes.  The only person who said Luck threw all week was Pagano, the same Pagano was very confident Luck would play last week.

Their having Foster back and presumably not as rusty as last week will help their chances, for sure.  A lot of it really depends on Mallet and our cutting down on stupid mistakes.  I don't think Mallet's the guy you can lean on when you need to air it out.  I see this matchup as a similar one to the Jets.  And the Jets was winnable, despite all our stupid mistakes.  We cut out half those mistakes and our play calling makes more sense than it did in that game, there's no reason we can't put up at least 17 points.  We put up anything over 20, and there's a good chance we win.  Of course, now that I'm making htis prediction, watch - it'll be a 45-42 type game.  I can't even fathom the combined score being over 50.  Would be funny though.

I am nervous about this. If Andrew was playing we would win by at least 7, now I don't know.

We are in trouble IMO. I hope we can still win this game and I am wrong but it doesn't look good. We need this game badly and still aren't playing Andrew.

Well its not that we aren't playing Andrew, he can't play.  Possibly shouldn't play.  I'm trying to look at the bright side - Hasselbeck gets another start after sitting on the bench for 3+ years.  Hopefully he will be sharper and we can score more points. 17 points could win this game.  If we lose the game, the race for the Division is not over.  If Luck is healthy we could still sweep the rest of the divisional games and get into the playoffs.  That's not unrealistic.  Is it ideal? Nope but its doable in a bad division.

Well its not that we aren't playing Andrew, he can't play.  Possibly shouldn't play.  I'm trying to look at the bright side - Hasselbeck gets another start after sitting on the bench for 3+ years.  Hopefully he will be sharper and we can score more points. 17 points could win this game.  If we lose the game, the race for the Division is not over.  If Luck is healthy we could still sweep the rest of the divisional games and get into the playoffs.  That's not unrealistic.  Is it ideal? Nope but its doable in a bad division.

Very good points. Maybe Andrew cant go. If that is the case then it's the right thing to do resting him. A win tonight though would almost insure we have complete control over the Division.

Even if Matt isn't effective, they should have figured out how to get the run game going by now.

But either way it's fine. The Colts are under no pressure to win. This isn't a super bowl campaign. Right now Luck is the priority. If you break him now, in the future you'd worrying about more than just losing to the Texans.

yeah minus the reports thst Pagsno is coaching for his job... Yeah no pressure to win at all...

Look rather fans think this is a super bowl team or not the team isn't going to give up on that and as long as they are in the playoff hunt there is going to be pressure to win.

He lobbed or "flipped" 2 screen passes on Monday. Even Mike Chappell who was watching it all, said they weren't even throws. I'm not going to argue it any further. The only person who said Luck actually threw all week was Pagano. Sorry, but i have a hard time believing Chuck.

You missed the point badly.

Schefter said neither QB threw passes, which is false. Which is what we've been trying to explain to you. Nobody is saying a ton of passes were thrown, but that there were indeed passes thrown.

You missed the point badly.

Schefter said neither QB threw passes, which is false. Which is what we've been trying to explain to you. Nobody is saying a ton of passes were thrown, but that there were indeed passes thrown.

No, i didn't.  Luck didn't throw.  Go read some of the twitter comments from the guys who actually watched practice.

Here, i'll give you one just for example.  There are many more. If you want to equate tosses to throwing the football then go ahead.

Stephen Holder Retweeted Mrs. O'Leary

The passes that media saw in practice were more like tosses. As we wrote. Was more or less a dog and pony show IMO

No, i didn't. Luck didn't throw. Go read some of the twitter comments from the guys who actually watched practice.

Here, i'll give you one just for example. There are many more. If you want to equate tosses to throwing the football then go ahead.

Stephen Holder@HolderStephen 28m28 minutes ago

The passes that media saw in practice were more like tosses. As we wrote. Was more or less a dog and pony show IMO

So he did throw then? "Dog and pony show" or not. And what about Hasselbeck? He was a full participant yesterday.

No one is arguing that Luck was throwing 40 yard bombs, but he threw, no matter how minor.

No, i didn't. Luck didn't throw. Go read some of the twitter comments from the guys who actually watched practice.

Here, i'll give you one just for example. There are many more. If you want to equate tosses to throwing the football then go ahead.

Stephen Holder@HolderStephen 28m28 minutes ago

What are the first two words in that tweet?