Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradshaw visiting

USAFHoosier

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's about time!

Bradshaw does not need to be the bell cow like the last time he was here...he just needs to take 1/3 or so of the reps.

The Colts org should waive Robinson and get him onto the PS...and if anyone claims him it is no big loss, he can be easily replaced by an RB off some other PS.

Bradshaw was never the bell cow when he was with the Colts.

The guy who was was Trent Richardson.     Bradshaw was the back-up.

Bradshaw became the 1 periodically when Trent would get hurt.

But Ahmad was never the full-time #1.

Bradshaw may be old and he may have been hurt a little, but if he's healthy now, then he's a good RB. And way better than Josh Robinson could ever dream of being. Why wouldn't we sign him? What could it hurt? It'll be a pretty cheep contract. Gore and Bradshaw will be a lethal combo. Who cares how old he is as long as he's still productive?

Bradshaw may be old and he may have been hurt a little, but if he's healthy now, then he's a good RB. And way better than Josh Robinson could ever dream of being. Why wouldn't we sign him? What could it hurt? It'll be a pretty cheep contract. Gore and Bradshaw will be a lethal combo. Who cares how old he is as long as he's still productive?

Bradshaw is only 29 yrs. old.

That's the key word and question all rolled into one. Productivity. They brought him in for a reason. We'll see what happens.

Great, he'll fit right in, another 30 year old who is fading and will only play 4 games. Let's give him max money now. This is just pathetic. I mean there is nobody else out there in Football world. Get a back off the streets.

A back off the streets is even more pathetic. Would be cut before Bradshaw gets hurt. Don't you know a new guy has to learn the whole offense from scratch? I'm sure you're aware Bradshaw doesn't. If you don't then that's kind of pathetic!

I don't get why anyone couldn't possibly like this??? I mean first up it will be a cheep contract. 2nd. He's a really, really good RB. And 3rd. Even if he gets hurt, big deal. At least he could actually give us a few good games. But some people act like he's certain to get hurt. He's tougher than a guy like Toler. It'd have to be a serious injury to keep him out first up, but there's no guarantee he gets hurt to start with. This cant possibly be a bad move. And Josh Robinson sucks. So there you go. He messes up at everything he's asked to do. He misses blocking assignments, he fumbles the ball, he cant even gain a yard or 2 when he's handed the football. He sucks plain and simple. Backs like him are a dime a dozen. He needs to go.

I think this is false.

All articles state he would serve the suspension if he signs with another team.

As posted by Steamboat_Shaun, (quoting Stephen Holder) Bradshaw's suspension is over.I had hoped when the Colts released Josh Johnson, they would sign Bradshaw, but they resigned Shaun Prater.

The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts have "some interest" in free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.
Bradshaw's one-game suspension is up, and he's reportedly 100 percent healthy after breaking his leg last November. The Colts have wildly little depth behind aging starter Frank Gore, and Bradshaw was highly effective before going down last season. A reunion would make a lot of sense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

I love Bradshaw but I must say that there is only one type of injury that he ever gets and that's the IR injury! It's like he never gets anything in between. If he has to leave the game you know he's going to IR. LOL!

That is an interesting observation. It does appear to be that way, doesn't it? Hope there's nothing to that, though.

All the concerns about Bradshaw being injury prone are absolutely accurate. But I'd still sign him. Before he was injured and had to go on IR last year, the Colt offense was humming. He is a great all around running back. He has great instincts; he has great hands; and he has a tremendous heart. 

Do I think he'll get injured again? No doubt. But a healthy Bradshaw can be a game changer. And boy does this team need someone like that right now. Sign him.....and cross your fingers. 

Injuries, offensive line

You sign Bradshaw to a team friendly contract, (like his past few seasons with the Colts) he plays his heart out, even maybe for only 3-4 games, if he does in fact get injured then, you reach an injury settlement, the team thanks him for his services and moves on...

assuming he still wants to play it is a win win... 

Signing or not signing Bradshaw is not going to have any influence over any offensive line transactions...

You can blame Grigson all you want for some poor personnel decisions, but kicking the tires on Bradshaw, especially in the light of how this season is proceeding, is not a bad idea...

Many level headed posters on this forum are in agreement...

I don't know WM. I can understand how some listeners with children might get upset of course, but to me, I want an announcer that's distraught when something unfortunate happens on the field. I love his loyalty, fire, & passion. I will always defend Bob because our losses devastate him just like the coaches or players & fans need to know that the play by play guy bleeds blue through & through & Bob loves the Colts no matter what our record is year to year; decade to decade. The man is a living legend just like Bobby Knight. JMO.

I fully agree with you. I thought my choice of words might come across the wrong way looking back.

Also, i'm in pa, so i'm not connected to uim like locals or those who listen on the radio. I have nfl ticket so don't listen on radio much.

I too love the passion, knowlege, commitment, and love he has toward the colts. I'm sure he's a "local treasure." Kinda like Cope in Pittsburgh I'm sure.

The unprofessional comment and embarrasment gomment was harsh and really not what i meant.

I guess mainly, when Colts are doing poorly, you can "feel" his frustration thru the speakers and raises my already high bloodpressure(since we're strugglin) even higher.

Sorry to all, i really didn't mean to sound that critical of the guy. I certainly couldn't do his job. Well , not well anyway.

I'm starting to think he could be a nice wrinkle, weapon, safety valve for the upcoming NE game. At this point, I'm not sure adding any one player will be enough in that game, but I think, if in football shape, well worth the risk.

He's the type of weapon, if healthy, that we need. He and Gore interests me.

I dont know if he has anything left, but if he does, even for a few games, i say yes.

We need wins, and we need a spark. He definately gave us a spark when on the field.

If he can play sign him and use him as a third down back. He's an upgrade over Tipton and they can't trust Robinson not to fumble. Using him as a third down block lets you rest Gore some and since Gore's hand is banged up he gives you a pass catching option out of the backfield you can relay on. He knows the offense so the only thing that should stop them would be if Bradshaw is not in shape or just looks done in his workout.

Absolutely right gentlemen, Bob is the best play by player announcer around. That's the 1 thing I miss: Not having my Sirus satellite radio anymore to listen to Lamey do his excited voice inflections since I don't live in INDY. He's so exceptional at what he does...Creating the perfect visual image...Formation line up, snap of the ball, execution, & what the staff is trying with each down, each quarter, & the mentality to possess in overtime. He's 1 of a kind Brent & CS!

download iheart radio. Then listen on 1070 the fan, or Hankfm. I listen to Lamey's calls as I drive my truck wherever I am...

Another crazy thing I need to add to all this. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link. I saw where the patriots just worked out Boom Herron. Wondering why we don't appear to be showing him any interest as well?

Because we like Robinson's inability to pick up the blitz and come and give the other team the ball

I wouldn't get too excited about Bradshaw until they waive Tipton back to the PS.  No way the Colts are going with Gore, Bradshaw, Robinson, Varga, Tipton AND Bradshaw...

Wait there are 2 Ahmad Bradshaws.  That would be pretty sweet if there was 2 of them.  Then we could just use one and hold the other one in reserve for when the first one got hurt.

Another crazy thing I need to add to all this. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link. I saw where the patriots just worked out Boom Herron. Wondering why we don't appear to be showing him any interest as well?

Because of the settlement, isn't there a certain time period required before we are allowed to sign him again? Or am I just making stuff up?

As much as I have been critical on people for their enthusiasm for signing Bradshaw I do think he has the potential to really help this offense... Especially if the Colts use him more sparingly and more as a relief valve out of the backfield as opposed to the every down back...

If Bradshaw can manage to stay healthy this could really be a dangerous 1-2 punch with Gore and Bradshaw...

As much as I have been critical on people for their enthusiasm for signing Bradshaw I do think he has the potential to really help this offense... Especially if the Colts use him more sparingly and more as a relief valve out of the backfield as opposed to the every down back...

If Bradshaw can manage to stay healthy this could really be a dangerous 1-2 punch with Gore and Bradshaw...

i must admit, could you imagine a 2 back split formation with bradshaw and gore.....who do you go for

Well, being as Gore is injured and Robinson has shown up on the injury report too off and on, all we have right now totally healthy is Tipton right?  And if he gets hurt, no RB at all?  Anyone against signing Bradshaw at this point is just being obstinate or obtuse, pick your O word.  

A back off the streets is even more pathetic. Would be cut before Bradshaw gets hurt. Don't you know a new guy has to learn the whole offense from scratch? I'm sure you're aware Bradshaw doesn't. If you don't then that's kind of pathetic!

Yeah Peps play calling is difficult to understand when the ball is give to the back every 1st down and run left, right, middle. Oh, and to block those blitzes before Andrew gets decked again. What's pathetic is the assemble Ryan has put together and now being desperate to get a more steady back behind Gore. Of course Bradshaw knows the system, when he plays the 4 games his body allows. I think I would get that after being a fan for 44 seasons.

Well, being as Gore is injured and Robinson has shown up on the injury report too off and on, all we have right now totally healthy is Tipton right?  And if he gets hurt, no RB at all?  Anyone against signing Bradshaw at this point is just being obstinate or obtuse, pick your O word.  

gore is injured? news to me