Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomlin upset over Patriots radio broadcast over headsets

ReMeDy

Tomlin is steamed: “We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half.”

— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano)

September 11, 2015

Tomlin, asked about the headsets going out: “That’s always the case.” “Here?” “Yes. I said what I said."

— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano)

September 11, 2015

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/10/9308763/patriots-steelers-coaches-headsets-cheating-deflategate-spygate

I certainly think this is an accident, but it is annoying how so many of these technicalities and annoyances happen during Patriot games.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think the teams had control over the radios.. and didn't it hurt the Patriots too?.. yeah there's nothing to see here. Lets just play football.

yeah Pats had problems all night and at one time lost comms and brady had to come off the field to get a new helmet.

and the NFL does control them.  Radio interference happens all the time throughout the season. Such is the nature of radio waves.

I didn't think the teams had control over the radios.. and didn't it hurt the Patriots too?.. yeah there's nothing to see here. Lets just play football.

i think if they Pats even could pull that off (which I don't) they would have a plan for what to do without the radios. With that said I agree with you. Nothing to see here lets just get on with the season.

Regardless of who provides and supports the headsets, there are ways and means to interrupt radio signals.

Why is it that Tomlin says this always happens at Gillette Stadium?

Why is it that it is always the Patriots caught up in these issues?

It is clear that the Patriots organization has no problem trying to win 'by any means necessary', as they prove time and time again.

Regardless of who provides and supports the headsets, there are ways and means to interrupt radio signals.

Why is it that Tomlin says this always happens at Gillette Stadium?

Why is it that it is always the Patriots caught up in these issues?

It is clear that the Patriots organization has no problem trying to win 'by any means necessary', as they prove time and time again.

Exactly. Heck, run to the local radio shack and I can build a low buck jammer that'd work in short range like that. Doesn't matter if it is UHF or VHF, it can be jammed even the militarys radios can be jammed and they change frequency 10s of thousands of times a second on their radios.

Funny part is.....I called this 2 days ago. In another, now locked thread

yeah Pats had problems all night and at one time lost comms and brady had to come off the field to get a new helmet.

and the NFL does control them.  Radio interference happens all the time throughout the season. Such is the nature of radio waves.

I actually said to my husband before the game that there will be some form of controversy that is manufactured from this game. I thought for sure it would be Lewis' fumble and the whole air pressure thing but the head sets trumped it. LOL. Also, Bill said his headsets were out most of the game while Pitt's were restored in the first half. Of course, how much comms did they really need to have with Brady? "Just throw it to 87 Tom, Pitt has no one covering him." haha

I actually said to my husband before the game that there will be some form of controversy that is manufactured from this game. I thought for sure it would be Lewis' fumble and the whole air pressure thing but the head sets trumped it. LOL. Also, Bill said his headsets were out most of the game while Pitt's were restored in the first half. Of course, how much comms did they really need to have with Brady? "Just throw it to 87 Tom, Pitt has no one covering him." haha

Oh, to be a deluded Patriots fan...

Do you ever think all of this 'manufacturing' may not actually be a top-secret, league-wide effort to defame the Patriots. Could it actually be because the Patriots organization is completely unethical and will always looks for ways to bend or break the rules?

As they say, there is no smoke without fire, and Gillette Stadium looks like a convoy of stream trains.

Oh, to be a deluded Patriots fan...

Do you ever think all of this 'manufacturing' may not actually be a top-secret, league-wide effort to defame the Patriots. Could it actually be because the Patriots organization is completely unethical and will always looks for ways to bend or break the rules?

As they say, there is no smoke without fire, and Gillette Stadium looks like a convoy of stream trains.

I really do hope every Pats opponent believes this heading into every game, especially home games. The pats have officially become the boogieman.

I certainly think this is an accident, but it is annoying how so many of these technicalities and annoyances happen during Patriot games.

At what point do you stop calling it an accident and start calling it intentional? 3 times, 10 times, as many times as the Patriots have done it?

That's not what I asked.

she never answers questions, just makes more and more claims.....

Sad part is, she would still say it's made up and false and blah blah blah, even if you caught Kraft, Hoodie and Brady ALL on tape themselves saying that cheat on every game..........

How is it "manufactured"? Why is it that this seems to happen more often at New England than other stadiums? Cannot Kraft and all his money figure out a way to correct this issue? It is not like this is a rare occurrance in New England, opposing teams have reported this being an issue there.

How is it "manufactured"? Why is it that this seems to happen more often at New England than other stadiums? Cannot Kraft and all his money figure out a way to correct this issue? It is not like this is a rare occurrance in New England, opposing teams have reported this being an issue there.

And thats the issue....its been known to visiting teams for years but nothing is ever done about it to fix it.

NFL Issued its statement:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2564764-nfl-issues-statement-regarding-headset-issues-in-patriots-steelers-game

"In the first quarter of tonight's game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues."

I really didn't expect the Patriots to be behind this one, it just didn't make sense.  If you're going to screw the other side's headset up, the last thing you're going to do is let them hear conversations between your own coaches.

Exactly right. I cant believe how open he was most of the night. I hate New England and Tom Brady and Bill B. But, Pittsburgh did a poor job of defending and I don't think it had anything to do with the headsets.

NFL Issued its statement:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2564764-nfl-issues-statement-regarding-headset-issues-in-patriots-steelers-game

"In the first quarter of tonight's game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues."

I really didn't expect the Patriots to be behind this one, it just didn't make sense.  If you're going to screw the other side's headset up, the last thing you're going to do is let them hear conversations between your own coaches.

Makes perfect sense to me. The Patriots would have to scramble their own if the scrambled the Steelers, but they had time to prepare for that. And the Steelers' ability to hear what Patriots coaches are saying could massively benefit the Patriots, fi the coaches said the 'wrong' things.

Of course, I am speculating. But, then again, so are the Pats fans.

The NFL has already made a statement that it was a power issue that was exacerbated by the weather, which was fixed and there was no problem with the headsets.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/10/headset-communication-issues-frustrate-steelers-patriots-coaches/1Y0YKE4vV3H3vDLOXXiVdL/story.html

I think Kraft should get ahold of Rod MacKinnon and post its rebuttal.  Headsetgateincontext.com.  The NFL cna't be trusted, so it's own scientific findings must be made.  And no, the guy in charge of the radio frequencies nickname isn't "the jammer" because he was jamming the signal.  He calls himself the jammer because he likes his music.

The NFL has already made a statement that it was a power issue that was exacerbated by the weather, which was fixed and there was no problem with the headsets.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/10/headset-communication-issues-frustrate-steelers-patriots-coaches/1Y0YKE4vV3H3vDLOXXiVdL/story.html

I'd heard that also, but has this been the case over the years?

If so, seems Gillette is in need of some repairs.

Sorry, but that's not how it works.

You put the money aside to pay the attorneys to defend, and/or deflect.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

It also happened to the pats last night too.

Okay.  I misunderstood.  I thought it was only the visiting teams that had been experiencing this over the years.

And I just read that it had to do with the weather last night.  Thank OffensivelyPC for posting that link.

per rule, if one team's headsets aren't working, the other team must remove their headsets. when the officials approached the patriots to remove their headsets, the steelers headsets cleared up. as the official walked away, the steelers headsets interference returned

Not sure if you're serious here...   :dunno: