Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomlin upset over Patriots radio broadcast over headsets

ReMeDy

I am sorry. I was just joking. Please remove if you feel it will start anything.

EDIT: I just deleted it.

Leaving it up for the people who constantly tell me I never talk to you about this stuff.

Come on! You know better than this and everybody is tired of it.

Gloating is always inflammatory, in particular for people with your history.  You have to be more careful than most on account of your history here.

If you want to post like that, you really must not do it here

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your end game here? I don't really understand why you're so concerned about Tomlin's or the Steelers organization's feelings....

No end game. The comment eluding to Mike Tomlin really didn't agree with me, and I stated so. I shall cease and desist at the urge of others and for the "Colts Football Forum!". Not interested in a he said, he said argument.

Yeah, dude...I'm sure the Patriots tried to pull something last night with the entire country watching, after they spent the entire offseason claiming their innocence. That would make perfect sense!

That's exactly what they want you to think.

I'm all honesty though Comms screw up all the time but they are really easy to intentionally sabotage.

I don't think the Pats were behind this, but it is ironic.

Leaving it up for the people who constantly tell me I never talk to you about this stuff.

Come on! You know better than this and everybody is tired of it.

Gloating is always inflammatory, in particular for people with your history.  You have to be more careful than most on account of your history here.

If you want to post like that, you really must not do it here

Understood.

Ok for the sake of discussion,(I don't think its actually being done at this time, by the Patriots or anyone else) let say the league decides to investigates, finds a room for a radio equipment, jammers etc in the stadium or other evidence.  What do you do....you just came off a big defeat in court....what do you do knowing that anything done is likely to be challenged and people claiming you have it out for the Patriots..... 

If it were me, I'd ban the team from the post season for 1 year, loss of 3 years of 1st round draft picks, a several million dollar fine.......

it would be interesting for sure if they could prove it...but my guess, is even if the Pats were doing, theyve done destroyed the evidence by midnight last night.......but again I dont think at this time, they had anything to do with it....but i wouldnt be shocked if they did

Ok for the sake of discussion,(I don't think its actually being done at this time, by the Patriots or anyone else) let say the league decides to investigates, finds a room for a radio equipment, jammers etc in the stadium or other evidence.  What do you do....you just came off a big defeat in court....what do you do knowing that anything done is likely to be challenged and people claiming you have it out for the Patriots..... 

If it were me, I'd ban the team from the post season for 1 year, loss of 3 years of 1st round draft picks, a several million dollar fine.......

it would be interesting for sure if they could prove it...but my guess, is even if the Pats were doing, theyve done destroyed the evidence by midnight last night.......but again I dont think at this time, they had anything to do with it....but i wouldnt be shocked if they did

Any type of investigation would have one finger pointed at the Pats and three back at the league. Park Avenue will pass on this one every time ...

Any type of investigation would have one finger pointed at the Pats and three back at the league. Park Avenue will pass on this one every time ...

Does not change the national perception that the patriots organization cheats from the second highest member in BB to the lowest ball or camera boy. Also doesn't change the national perception that the NFL is doing nothing to stop it or can't stop it.

Clearly the Patriots had nothing to do with the problems with the headsets.  The NFL has already said it was on them:

NFL spokesperson Michael Signora issued the following statement, in which he claims the NFL supplies the coaches’ communications equipment—and that, contrary to Tomlin’s claims, the problems didn’t last the whole first half:

In the first quarter of tonight’s game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.

I just love how there is so much hate out there for the pats that people will jump all over them with no evidence what so ever.

At what point do you stop calling it an accident and start calling it intentional? 3 times, 10 times, as many times as the Patriots have done it?

Remember the SI article. People have said that visiting teams always have issues in Foxborough. It's always something, no matter how small. This isn't even the first report of mic issues in Foxborough

Clearly the Patriots had nothing to do with the problems with the headsets.  The NFL has already said it was on them:

NFL spokesperson Michael Signora issued the following statement, in which he claims the NFL supplies the coaches’ communications equipment—and that, contrary to Tomlin’s claims, the problems didn’t last the whole first half:

In the first quarter of tonight’s game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.

I just love how there is so much hate out there for the pats that people will jump all over them with no evidence what so ever.

Welcome

i don't hate the pats but they've got the cloud of suspicion, no doubt.

Remember the SI article. People have said that visiting teams always have issues in Foxborough. It's always something, no matter how small. This isn't even the first report of mic issues in Foxborough

20 years ago stuff like this would have been called gamesmanship...now its called disgraceful.

Makes perfect sense to me. The Patriots would have to scramble their own if the scrambled the Steelers, but they had time to prepare for that. And the Steelers' ability to hear what Patriots coaches are saying could massively benefit the Patriots, fi the coaches said the 'wrong' things.

Of course, I am speculating. But, then again, so are the Pats fans.

they were hearing the patriots radio play by play broadcast, not the patriots coaches radios.

that's whats odd.  Interference from weather is fine but hearing, what should be a completely different frequency, is odd.

Clearly the Patriots had nothing to do with the problems with the headsets. The NFL has already said it was on them:

Even the most zealous of pats fans would have to admit they have lost the benefit of the doubt with all things they have attributed to.

Even the most zealous of pats fans would have to admit they have lost the benefit of the doubt with all things they have attributed to.

As long as the team keeps performing and winning, I am happy as are most Pats fans. I think the baggage is what it is. The cheating narrative has been around since 2007 but got more amped up from this past off-season. I don't think it is a surprise to anyone or at least it should not be ...

wow....

Let me get this straight, even if it's 100% proven, beyond a doubt the Patriots cheated.....you're saying it is always the league's fault?  

what the heck is in your water?

wow....

Let me get this straight, even if it's 100% proven, beyond a doubt the Patriots cheated.....you're saying it is always the league's fault?  

what the heck is in your water?

No. You are adding in a hypothetical. Given the league's statement about the game and power outrage due to the weather and their control of comms overall, I don't believe Park Avenue would ever touch this issue with a 10 foot pole whether the Pats or any other team ...

they were hearing the patriots radio play by play broadcast, not the patriots coaches radios.

that's whats odd. Interference from weather is fine but hearing, what should be a completely different frequency, is odd.

If anything they should have heard static or maybe the Patriots line. Hearing the play by play is just weird. Almost seems intentional. They didn't just go out, they completely switched frequency. That doesn't happen from weather.

No. You are adding in a hypothetical. Given the league's statement about the game and power outrage due to the weather and their control of comms overall, I don't believe Park Avenue would ever touch this issue with a 10 foot pole whether the Pats or any other team ...

obviously you did not read my post, the entire dang thing was a hypothetical situation....at which you said it would fall back to fingers pointing at the league.  Really beginning to doubt the boston and MA school systems.......

If anything they should have heard static or maybe the Patriots line. Hearing the play by play is just weird. Almost seems intentional. They didn't just go out, they completely switched frequency. That doesn't happen from weather.

I'm probably speaking more out of ignorance and as an inquiring mind.  When I'm in my car, there are times where I pick up two stations that switch back and forth.  I don't know much about radio frequencies and how the headsets work, but the problem the Steelers were having didn't seem to me to be all that unusual.  How would this be different?

Default Conspiracy Theory of a bills fan: The inside job and the future of the AFC East

Too many coincidental events this week. I hate the Patriots and have been rather outspoken on the ways they continually cheat and get away with it.

In a vacuum, tonight would have been status quo for the Pats with this activity getting swept under the rug. Coupled with the events of the past few weeks, I can't help but feel that the headset communication failures possibly stemmed from beyond the Patriots organization. Let's recap:

1. The owners communicate to Goodell that Brady's punishment MUST stand.

2. Brady gets off scot free.

3. ESPN releases a huge article on the Patriots underhanded methods to gaining a significant competitive advantage. A major aspect of this being the tomfoolery with opposing teams' headsets when the Patriots are at home.

4. In a Primetime game the very same week, the Steelers experience major headset malfunctions that are actually acknowledged by the announce team.

Normally I'm quick to point the finger at Bellicheck and the Patriots, but tonight I hesitate. I think the other owners have had it. I think we are seeing the start of a setup. Spygate was quickly disposed of when it happened. Why was this ESPN article released now?

Remember when the NFL forced ESPN to take off the show "Playmakers" due to concerns of how that show would affect public opinion of the NFL? The image of the NFL is why that ESPN story never made it out when it was most relevant. The NFL has a heavy hand in what we actually see from ESPN. That story made it out because the NFL owners have allowed it to happen.

Why would the NFL owners allow this to happen? They've been livid since Spygate. Enough is finally enough. Everybody knows Brady was guilty. The court system wouldn't bring justice, now the matter is being taken into their own hands. Releasing this article plants the NFL audience firmly in a position where the Patriots will be under a microscope and judged as harshly as possible.

Within this same week we have a PrimeTime game with the first NFL Regular Season action underway featuring the Patriots at home. Most NFL fans are watching and the ESPN story is fresh in our minds. Sure enough, major headset malfunctions derail Pittsburgh. Unlike the past 15 years, the announcers actually acknowledge that this is taking place. The fans are now ready to point the finger, this is just like the article. Better yet, Tomlin's comments echo the validity of the ESPN article.

Call me a skeptic, but I see too many coincidences. In light of all that has transpired, I find it hard to believe that the Patriots would be brash enough to pull that headset stunt in this game and in such a visible manner. The owners want blood. I expect it to get worse for the Patriots before it gets better.

Ultimately, I could see Bellicheck getting a forced exit. He is the one the owners despise most of all. The culture of cheating revolves around Bellicheck. How soon will this happen? I can't be sure, but things are moving at an awfully quick pace. I tend to believe what goes around comes around. Bellicheck may wind up getting banned for a crime he didn't commit. In my opinion, the ends justify the means. He should have been banned back when Spygate broke out.

So what would this mean for the Bills and the rest of the AFC East? A changing of the guard for the AFC East. The Bills look like the prime candidate to unseat the Patriots in the fallout.

Karlos dansby made this claim in 2008. I think all of the suspicions about playing in Gillette will be coming to the surface soon

You know, I kind of wondered the same thing myself.  Not that Tomlin is the cleanest guy in the league, but for him to have said that really kind of surprised me.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone Tom Coughlin said it in a post-game interview.  It makes you wonder if the rest of the NFL is fed up with their pushing the envelope and with the recent Berman ruling, makes you wonder if the teams and players would start airing this out more and more.  

Default Conspiracy Theory of a bills fan: The inside job and the future of the AFC East

Too many coincidental events this week. I hate the Patriots and have been rather outspoken on the ways they continually cheat and get away with it.

In a vacuum, tonight would have been status quo for the Pats with this activity getting swept under the rug. Coupled with the events of the past few weeks, I can't help but feel that the headset communication failures possibly stemmed from beyond the Patriots organization. Let's recap:

3. ESPN releases a huge article on the Patriots underhanded methods to gaining a significant competitive advantage. A major aspect of this being the tomfoolery with opposing teams' headsets when the Patriots are at home.

4. In a Primetime game the very same week, the Steelers experience major headset malfunctions that are actually acknowledged by the announce team.

Normally I'm quick to point the finger at Bellicheck and the Patriots, but tonight I hesitate. I think the other owners have had it. I think we are seeing the start of a setup. Spygate was quickly disposed of when it happened. Why was this ESPN article released now?

Remember when the NFL forced ESPN to take off the show "Playmakers" due to concerns of how that show would affect public opinion of the NFL? The image of the NFL is why that ESPN story never made it out when it was most relevant. The NFL has a heavy hand in what we actually see from ESPN. That story made it out because the NFL owners have allowed it to happen.

Why would the NFL owners allow this to happen? They've been livid since Spygate. Enough is finally enough. Everybody knows Brady was guilty. The court system wouldn't bring justice, now the matter is being taken into their own hands. Releasing this article plants the NFL audience firmly in a position where the Patriots will be under a microscope and judged as harshly as possible.

Within this same week we have a PrimeTime game with the first NFL Regular Season action underway featuring the Patriots at home. Most NFL fans are watching and the ESPN story is fresh in our minds. Sure enough, major headset malfunctions derail Pittsburgh. Unlike the past 15 years, the announcers actually acknowledge that this is taking place. The fans are now ready to point the finger, this is just like the article. Better yet, Tomlin's comments echo the validity of the ESPN article.

Call me a skeptic, but I see too many coincidences. In light of all that has transpired, I find it hard to believe that the Patriots would be brash enough to pull that headset stunt in this game and in such a visible manner. The owners want blood. I expect it to get worse for the Patriots before it gets better.

Ultimately, I could see Bellicheck getting a forced exit. He is the one the owners despise most of all. The culture of cheating revolves around Bellicheck. How soon will this happen? I can't be sure, but things are moving at an awfully quick pace. I tend to believe what goes around comes around. Bellicheck may wind up getting banned for a crime he didn't commit. In my opinion, the ends justify the means. He should have been banned back when Spygate broke out.

So what would this mean for the Bills and the rest of the AFC East? A changing of the guard for the AFC East. The Bills look like the prime candidate to unseat the Patriots in the fallout.

Or since this isn't the first time w the headsets or the patriots cheating, you can just say the patriots are cheating.

hmmm could be