Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomlin upset over Patriots radio broadcast over headsets

ReMeDy

I think you are confusing this. What Tomlinson said was it was on the coach to coach channel, what he was hearing was the Patriots radio broadcast of the game.

Ohhhhh...then I was misunderstanding.  Gotcha now.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I haven't finished my first coffee yet...

Quoted the original posts that I called inaccurate as I owe you both an apology.  My bad.

No, that's what happened.

The Patriots are so in teams heads its comical now.

The Pats had the same problems. Belichick just chose not to use it as an excuse.

Also, the Steelers weren't getting the Patriots coaches in their headsets, they were getting the radio broadcast of the game. If anyone here has ever heard the Pats home radio broadcast they would know it must have been extremely annoying to the Steelers. Scott Zolak is the ultimate homer analyst.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats won this game (dare I say)  fair and square.   And seriously,  who didn't think they would?  With Gronk fully healthy he needs to be double covered or we will see this all year.

With a better DEF from Pittsburgh we might have seen a different outcome, but that was not the case.  Got to hand it to the Steelers tho, that last minute TD sure screwed up the betting line last night  haha.

No, he said 'verbatim' that they were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half. The 'coach to coach' comment was referring to it happening on the coach to coach lines...so the coaches couldn't communicate because they were getting radio interference.

Cynjin cleared that up for me.  I misunderstood.  The analytical part of my brain is still waking up...

The Pats won this game (dare I say)  fair and square.   And seriously,  who didn't think they would?  With Gronk fully healthy he needs to be double covered or we will see this all year.

Double covered? I was amazed how many times the Steelers didn't have anyone covering Gronk.

Don't patronize me.  I've already stated my opinion that I didn't think the Patriots were behind this.  It was a simple misunderstanding, I've apologized to the people I said were wrong, so lets be adults and leave the immaturity at the door step. 

I'm with ya...but at the time of my post it hadn't gotten to that point yet. Apologies, we're good, no worries man.

No worries! 

Just wanted to make sure we weren't changing the story by passing along misinformation ;)

We may have our differences of interpreting things on deflategate and its implications going forward, but one thing I never once intentionally tried to do was pass along misinformation.  There are those on both sides that may have, but that brings down the conversation to levels that just can't hold my interest.  

I'm with ya...but at the time of my post it hadn't gotten to that point yet. Apologies, we're good, no worries man.

I tried to blank that out before anyone saw it as I responded to your previous post before seeing the other one.  The internet is forever man lol. But yeah, apologies all around.  We're good.

And in the end...here is what it comes down to:

There have been reports for years and years that these kinds of things happen, not only in New England but around the league as well. The Patriots have lost the benefit of the doubt because of their scandals, and as a result, people now have an 'open forum' to talk about it when it does involve the Patriots.

That's all that this is...and will continue to be, anytime there's a question about anything along those lines.

Thanks for the inference of Mike Tomlin looking like the "dumbest person in the world" last night. I'm sure the Pittsburgh Steelers organization will appreciate the knowledgeable comment along with their fan base.

I didn't realize I was sending a signed letter to the Rooney's...

Oh jeez, here comes the everybody does it argument from some of the Pats fans. Do you understand that Pittsburgh does not have the history of this occurring at their stadium the way it occurs at the Patriots' stadium?

It isn't an 'everybody does it' argument...it's simply pointing out that these types of issues have happened before.

Look...I know some of you guys really reaaaaaaally want the Patriots to look bad in this so you can continue to prance around calling our team a disgrace and saying 'same old cheatin Patriots'...but there's nothing to this one.

Yeah, I was saying this on the other thread. The Steelers really missed Lebeau last night. They did not cover Gronk, were misaligned most of the night and had only 10 guys on the field at another time. They were a hot mess defensively. I am not sure what their game plan was but honestly with no LaFell and no Blount, I could not believe the did not focus on taking away Gronk and Edelman more.

Lebeau's defense last year was arguably the worst in the NFL. 

This is from a sports illustrated article from a few days ago:

Home teams are supposed to provide certain communications equipment, but opponents often don’t trust the Patriots to do it. One team griped to SI that New England supplied a corroded battery pack. Another current head coach brings his own equipment because he doesn’t trust the Patriots to supply anything of quality. A representative of a third team says the Pats provided headset gear that looked “like it had been run over by a lawn mower. Frayed wires, the speaker is all chopped up. . . .” James says that it is league policy for all headset batteries to be changed 30 minutes before a game, and that the team has “always complied with that.” He adds, “We’ve never been cited by the league for doing anything wrong as it pertains to communication device violations.”

Another team executive says, “Anybody who has gone in there in the last five years will tell you some sort of problem or snag they never hit any other place. They are the worst hosts in football.”

ame="dynasty13" post="1164125" timestamp="1441979530"]I didn't realize I was sending a signed letter to

Sign it. And I'll deliver it. How's that?

btw ... make sure "the dumbest person in the world" inferring quote to Mike Tomlin is included.

What's your end game here? I don't really understand why you're so concerned about Tomlin's or the Steelers organization's feelings....

It isn't an 'everybody does it' argument...it's simply pointing out that these types of issues have happened before.

Look...I know some of you guys really reaaaaaaally want the Patriots to look bad in this so you can continue to prance around calling our team a disgrace and saying 'same old cheatin Patriots'...but there's nothing to this one.

Issues do happen elsewhere, but this particular issue has been reported to happen more often at New England than anywhere else, why is that? It is not a secret, why doesn't Kraft get off his butt and fix the issue with the stadium? He acts like he cares about the Patriots image.

I do not want the Patriots to look bad, they are taking care of that all by themselves. The Patriots seem to be unable to get out of their own way when it comes to bad PR.

Awful. It actually distracted from the interview. I wanted to tell him to please change it so it would be possible to actually focus on his words instead of that crazy hair cut. :)

I was distracting.  I just hope someone photoshops a lego head with a facemask on his face.  Put the steelers logo on it and boom "Antonio Brown strikes deal with Lego for new helmet design."  

I don't think the word prance has ever been used on this forum until today.

EVERYBODY PRANCE NOW

I was distracting.  I just hope someone photoshops a lego head with a facemask on his face.  Put the steelers logo on it and boom "Antonio Brown strikes deal with Lego for new helmet design."  

I kept staring at it wondering if it was real. At first I thought it was a hat. It was that bad.

Can I just tell you that Ace Ventura is my all time favorite movie. All through deflategate my husband and I kept saying to each other when there were stories about the evidence of ball tampering, "Real detectives need a little something called evidence."  And then we would break into "Loser, Loooser, Loohoo, hoo, hoo sers!"  haha    Best football parody ever.

Ease up on deflategate.  This post is baiting

It is unfortunate that issues with headsets has put some negativity around an otherwise decent (offensive) game to watch.

If I were the NFL or the Patriots organization, I would be embarrassed that this situation happened at all. In addition, if I were the manufacturere and/or supplier of any of the equipment used for headset communicaiton, I would also be very upset with this situation.

When you have a bullseye on your back like the NFL &  Patriots, you need to make sure that everything you do is as foolproof as humanly possible. When mistakes happen or problems occur due to weather, you have to reassure your customers that you are doing everything within your control to prevent the mistakes and problems from occurring again.

It will be interesting what the NFL & Patriots do to fix the "infrastructure" problems at GIllette Stadium. However if I had to bet on a solution, I think we will be told that there is nothing to see here and to move along.