Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomlin upset over Patriots radio broadcast over headsets

ReMeDy

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half on our headsets,” Tomlin said. “That’s always the case [at Gillette].”

The NFL has already made a statement that it was a power issue that was exacerbated by the weather, which was fixed and there was no problem with the headsets.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/10/headset-communication-issues-frustrate-steelers-patriots-coaches/1Y0YKE4vV3H3vDLOXXiVdL/story.html

If it was a power issue they wouldn't have received the Pats* communications. There wouldn't have been any communications to receive at all.

That makes 0 sense

And at the same time suddenly many here, after months of saying the league IS credible, are now NOT taking the leagues word for it because they'd rather just pretend to be * at something ELSE the patriots did wrong?

Works both ways...anyone who thinks the Patriots had a hand in this after everything they dealt with this offseason is legit just a hater.

Only a few...the vast majority of us agree that it is unlikely that the Patriots dI'd anything to the comms. However, some of us have said that it is a possibility, and could happen.

Only a few...the vast majority of us agree that it is unlikely that the Patriots dI'd anything to the comms. However, some of us have said that it is a possibility, and could happen.

Exactly, that is the funny thing about cheating, it will taint your reputation moving forward. So people will always question the pats integrity, because bending the rules isn't out of the question for that organization. These pats fans know that. & are in denial/lying to themselves. They aren't on this forum trying to convince Colts fans that the pats don't cheat, they are trying to convince themselves, cause deep down they know the "pats way" includes bending the rules...

per rule, if one team's headsets aren't working, the other team must remove their headsets. when the officials approached the patriots to remove their headsets, the steelers headsets cleared up. as the official walked away, the steelers headsets interference returned

Not sure if you're serious here...   :dunno:

Since SDS is usually being sarcastic 85% of the time, I honestly believe he was joking Gramz. JMO. 

Yeah, dude...I'm sure the Patriots tried to pull something last night with the entire country watching, after they spent the entire offseason claiming their innocence. That would make perfect sense!

Exactly D13, given what NE just endured over Deflate Gate, the last thing that organization needs or wants is anymore negative publicity IMO. No funny business was done on opening night move along; move along. 

Indeed, no one seems to care about the Falcons pumping in crowd noise. 

That actually is a very valid point Yehoodi & Rich McKay should not have been permitted to be the Chairman Of the NFL's Competition Committee after pumping in crowd noise into the Atlanta Falcons stadium either. He can be on the committee just not the head man on the panel because of what happened during McKay's tenure.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/rich-mckay-to-meet-with-nfl-for-reinstatement-to-committee/

I never said that they came clean of their own volition.  I do recall the Falcons apologizing publicly for their transgressions, I do not recall Bill apologizing for his other than to say he "misinterpreted the rule".  Not exactly a mea culpa on the part of the Patriots coach.

Nice to see you are still deflecting though, considering we are discussing the headset issue.

To the contrary, BB did apologize for his actions. Funny how things get forgotten about and memories fade.  And I am not deflecting just making sure that folks treat all people equally, that is all.  Yes BB did not think his actions violated the rule as he thought the rule only meant using the tapes in game (where teams are still using the same signals) as opposed creating a dossier on the coaches for future games (where teams use different signals making old tapes not very useful).  Once BB was informed the NFL took the position that "playing in a game" meant "all" games and not the instant game, he accepted the penalty and apologized for his actions.   

And again in both cases you had the following:

1) a professional football team that was caught violating a rule both of which could be argued as one that would gain an unfair advantage,

2) Each team cooperated with an NFL investigation,

3) Each team admitted that their respective transgression occurred in more games than the instant game 

4) Each offender apologized for their transgressions.

Some how in your head of yours you think a team wearing red should be treated differently that a team wearing blue. For me I see the same regardless of the color of their jersey, while others will not.  And to be honest it kind of sad actually.    

“We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half on our headsets,” Tomlin said. “That’s always the case [at Gillette].”

If it was a power issue they wouldn't have received the Pats* communications. There wouldn't have been any communications to receive at all.

That makes 0 sense

BB indicated that the pats also were experiencing problems with their headsets, so the problem was happening to both teams headsets.

Are you guys for real?

There is zero percent chance that the Patriots would do something like that during a nationally broadcasted game where all eyes would be skeptically on them at all times. Zero.

Are you for real?  They cheated during the AFCCG!!!  They cheated for their first SB!!!  There is like 100% chance they will cheat ALL THE TIME!!!

There is zero percent chance that it makes sense that you come into a Colts forum to defend the Cheaters.  Zero.

Guys, this is silly...we have officially crossed over into the 'I need to make excuses for how the Patriots could have possibly won' territory.

And please, it obviously means a lot because you guys can't stop talking about it. Anyone who honestly believes that the Patriots effed with the headsets last night needs to get their head checked. It wouldn't make any sense and even the dumbest person in the world wouldn't risk something like that after what they just went through this offseason. 

You all may have had reason to complain before...but unfortunately now it's all just starting to sound like sour grapes.

Please, it's obvious you can't stay away from a COLTS forum to talk about the Cheaters.  You should get your head checked.

"This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hill outta here" - Michael Scott

Are you for real? They cheated during the AFCCG!!! They cheated for their first SB!!! There is like 100% chance they will cheat ALL THE TIME!!!

There is zero percent chance that it makes sense that you come into a Colts forum to defend the Cheaters. Zero.

Please, it's obvious you can't stay away from a COLTS forum to talk about the Cheaters. You should get your head checked.

"This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hill outta here" - Michael Scott

Ah, yes. The 'what are you even doing here' post. I wondered when it would make an appearance!

Pretty much the standard 'I don't really have anything to add, but I'm a Colts fan and it's my nature to whine about something' response.

Ah, yes. The 'what are you even doing here' post. I wondered when it would make an appearance!

Pretty much the standard 'I don't really have anything to add, but I'm a Colts fan and it's my nature to whine about something' response.

It's funny to me.  I don't see any Jaguars, Raiders, or Browns fans in these forums having to defend why they are so bad.  But the amount of Patriots fans that feel the need to go to other teams' forums and defend how GOOD they are is astonishing...

Pats fans: Let's just call this season what it will be for you.

DEFLECTGATE

No matter what you say, the response will be "CHEATERS!!!".

You are going to spend the entire season deflecting, especially if you waste your time on a COLTS forum...

I'd love to call this season what it is: our 4th championship defense.

And the fact that the ONLY thing you guys can figure out to say in response is 'cheaters' is very telling...it makes you look pathetic and butt hurt and you sound like a bunch of 5th graders.

Grow up and let it go. Do you even know what Brady has done since halftime of the AFCCG?

10 quarters

74 for 96 (77.1%)

747 yards

10 TDs 2 INTs

124.7 passer rating

It's time to take a step back and look at the facts. When playing with the most tightly regulated footballs in NFL history and with more eyes and scrutiny and criticism on them than this league has ever seen, the team who apparently has only won because of cheating has destroyed your beloved Colts (again), shredded the leagues top defense for the title, and took a big dump on another Super Bowl contender to open the season.

Give. It. Up.

And the fact that the ONLY thing you guys can figure out to say in response is 'cheaters' is very telling...it makes you look pathetic and butt hurt and you sound like a bunch of 5th graders.

Grow up and let it go. Do you even know what Brady has done since halftime of the AFCCG?

10 quarters

74 for 96 (77.1%)

747 yards

10 TDs 2 INTs

124.7 passer rating

It's time to take a step back and look at the facts. When playing with the most tightly regulated footballs in NFL history and with more eyes and scrutiny and criticism on them than this league has ever seen, the team who apparently has only won because of cheating has destroyed your beloved Colts (again), shredded the leagues top defense for the title, and took a big dump on another Super Bowl contender to open the season.

Give. It. Up.

Some people like a little bigger sample group before they "give something up." Ohh.. and like it or not , he shredded  Seattle when the injuries piled up ...

Really the amount of deflection coming from Patriots' fans is amazing, it's almost like none of you can even recognize it. Both Tomlin and Belichick said there were issues with the head sets, not sure why that is not good enough for you. The question is why does it seem to happen at a much higher rate at New England than other stadiums?

Even though it is deflection, the difference with the Falcons was they admitted it, fixed it and then were able to move on.

So, in other words, you can't refute his arguments. .

Why not just say so?

Are you for real? They cheated during the AFCCG!!! They cheated for their first SB!!! There is like 100% chance they will cheat ALL THE TIME!!!

There is zero percent chance that it makes sense that you come into a Colts forum to defend the Cheaters. Zero.

Please, it's obvious you can't stay away from a COLTS forum to talk about the Cheaters. You should get your head checked.

wth?

When did the Patriots ever cheat in the first SB?

Man, some of you need to actually learn facts instead of swallowing what BSPN says.

10 quarters

74 for 96 (77.1%)

747 yards

10 TDs 2 INTs

124.7 passer rating

Give. It. Up.

Doesn't matter.  Pats are cheaters that cheated.

See how this works?  You are going to spend eternity defending BB and Brady from cheating allegations.  Just get used to it.

Doesn't matter. Pats are cheaters that cheated.

See how this works? You are going to spend eternity defending BB and Brady from cheating allegations. Just get used to it.

See how this works?

"Pats are cheaters that cheated"

Good explanation bud.

Listen, when there's a smart argument against them, we'll have a discussion. But right now, none of the ones you guys are bringing forth are rooted in reality...instead they are simply a haters' lament based on a very intense inferiority complex due to years and years and years of thinking you guys were gonna win something and being left hanging participation banners. And that is a fact...NOT an opinion.

See how this works?

"Pats are cheaters that cheated"

Good explanation bud.

Listen, when there's a smart argument against them, we'll have a discussion. But right now, none of the ones you guys are bringing forth are rooted in reality...instead they are simply a haters' lament based on a very intense inferiority complex due to years and years and years of thinking you guys were gonna win something and being left hanging participation banners. And that is a fact...NOT an opinion.

Nah, we just got cheated by cheaters.  See how this works?

Nah, we just got cheated by cheaters. See how this works?

Dude, your team was actually IN the game until they complained about the air pressure in the ball. After that, when whatever issue was fixed, they got completely lambasted like 100-0.

You WISH the Patriots cheated against you, then your loss wouldn't be so embarrassing.

So, in other words, you can't refute his arguments. .

Why not just say so?

Wow, talk about having absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Honestly, if you don't know what your talking about you should probably just not comment.  His arguments had little to do with the subject, it was almost exclusively deflection.

Dude, your team was actually IN the game until they complained about the air pressure in the ball. After that, when whatever issue was fixed, they got completely lambasted like 100-0.

You WISH the Patriots cheated against you, then your loss wouldn't be so embarrassing.

The Pats have always cheated, against everyone, so any loss to NE should be considered unfair instead of embarassing.  See how this works Puppet?

To the contrary, BB did apologize for his actions. Funny how things get forgotten about and memories fade.  And I am not deflecting just making sure that folks treat all people equally, that is all.  Yes BB did not think his actions violated the rule as he thought the rule only meant using the tapes in game (where teams are still using the same signals) as opposed creating a dossier on the coaches for future games (where teams use different signals making old tapes not very useful).  Once BB was informed the NFL took the position that "playing in a game" meant "all" games and not the instant game, he accepted the penalty and apologized for his actions.   

And again in both cases you had the following:

1) a professional football team that was caught violating a rule both of which could be argued as one that would gain an unfair advantage,

2) Each team cooperated with an NFL investigation,

3) Each team admitted that their respective transgression occurred in more games than the instant game 

4) Each offender apologized for their transgressions.

Some how in your head of yours you think a team wearing red should be treated differently that a team wearing blue. For me I see the same regardless of the color of their jersey, while others will not.  And to be honest it kind of sad actually.    

One, all I ever saw or heard was BB saying that he misinterpreted the rule.  If you call that an apology, I completely disagree, and I believe most others would also.

Two, it is deflection, bring up other teams transgressions in order to mitigate the Patriots' or in an attempt to change the subject is deflection.

Three, teams should be treated differently when the circumstance are.  You seem to be arguing for mandatory punishments for each violation regardless of the individual circumstances.  That type of thought is for the intellectually lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

So how's is that a power issue, aren't u an engineer and a lawyer?

Yah not sure why folks mentioned it was a power issue.  I know some folks mentioned the weather on that night effecting the wireless transmission.  But it happens in many stadiums, perhaps the NFL could go back to the wired coach to coach transmissions.  Who knows.   It just part of the territory until one finds out a way to make radio waves immune to cross traffic and the elements.

One, all I ever saw or heard was BB saying that he misinterpreted the rule.  If you call that an apology, I completely disagree, and I believe most others would also.

Two, it is deflection, bring up other teams transgressions in order to mitigate the Patriots' or in an attempt to change the subject is deflection.

Three, teams should be treated differently when the circumstance are.  You seem to be arguing for mandatory punishments for each violation regardless of the individual circumstances.  That type of thought is for the intellectually lazy.

One, BB actually apologized twice, once at the time of incident when made a statement regarding his visit with the NFL regarding the incident and then again later after the season when he elaborated on his point that he did not think he violated the rule as he was not using the information for the instant game.  It was a separate statement from his interpretation of the rule.

Two, I am not defecting just presenting valid points and facts of how two entities are being treated differently for the same act.  The mere fact that you do not recall (or read) that BB apologized twice for the incident is just one illustration of this point.  Surely you recall Atlanta's apology and ESPN reported but somehow you do not recall BB's apologies.  Which is an illustration of either you did not read it or it was under reported, I think the latter is more correct.  Either way it is an indication that with some teams everybody seems to remember/report the good things about teams (i.e. the apology) but yet seem to forgot/not report the good things of other teams.  Which is selective actions for the same act (a person apologizing for his transgressions).  And if you can not see this, then you are the one being intellectually lazy as you are one illustration of this point.     

Three, no I am not asking for a mandatory punishment, just ones that are consistent.  Which given recent DeflateGate ruling in Brady's favor (along with the last case of Pederson and Rice) one sees that the NFL needs to be consistent with the handing out of its penalties.   Both Atlanta and the Pats were first time offenders at the time of the two incidents with Atlanta doing it for 3 years and Pats 7 years (and one year after the letter).  But yet the treatment nationally and by the NFL for the Pats was proportionally worse for them.   

That is my point.  Every time the pats are involved with something its a national crisis and when other teams are involve is a minor or no issue.  Indeed, remember all of the hoopla last January about those formations and the pats "trying to hide the TE at the left tackle spot" and so on.   Those formations were legal at the time but everybody was up in arms including folks yelling for a rules change.  Well wouldn't you know that just this past Sunday the team (Baltimore) that whined about the play ran the same play themselves against Oakland and scored a TD, but yet we do not hear any whining or threads being started regarding Baltimore running the play, "hiding the TE at the left tackle spot", lets modify the rule, etc.  

As this thread was another illustration of folks going wild over what the pats did, which is nothing regarding the headsets, I just felt the need to make a point that this stuff is par for the course when it involves folks trying to understand what the pats do, which is always overblown.

I personally do not care how folks act, as for me its a sign that folks are trying to take down the pats.  I do however find the need to speak out when I feel the need to present my above point.