Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Players As Colts Trim Down To 53 (Cut Thread)

TKnight24

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel people underrate Whalen way too much. Sure he's not a star but he plays about as well as anybody would expect a #5 wr to play. He has solid hands also.

That's the thing, to me. Teams like to often keep high upside projects on the back end of the roster, but the Colts have that at 3 and 4 WR with Moncrief and Dorsett. Griff is the modest upside #5 with reliable hands and crafty enough route running.

So you think Griff has more to offer?

In the scheme of a group of receivers, yes, Griff can be the guy who knows the system well and can just sit down in a zone and catch that ball for the first down while the speed guys clear out the space for him. With Andre and Ty being solid vets and Moncrief showing high potential, you need the unsung player and Griff fits that way better than Carter at this stage. I really hoped we could fit Carrer in here and develop him but currently, Griff fits a need.

That's the thing, to me. Teams like to often keep high upside projects on the back end of the roster, but the Colts have that at 3 and 4 WR with Moncrief and Dorsett. Griff is the modest upside #5 with reliable hands and crafty enough route running.

Griff isn't bad on special teams either. He's one of the more solid players on the team and never gets credit. Oh well.

I dont get why anyone is surprised we kept ballard. he pulled his hammy who cares. you really thought that was enough for the colts to give up on him? not to mention who knows if boom can even play next week

This week Hammy..... next week ACL

Too many injuries is why I'm confused

Probably didn't like the unethical atmosphere over there...

To me, Wayne asking to be released speaks very large volumes to me. He realized something very quick as not to be associated with. Hope we find out the "real" reason. And I hope it's not reflective upon anything he's done negatively or has to do with him personally on that basis.

To me, Wayne asking to be released speaks very large volumes to me. He realized something very quick as not to be associated with. Hope we find out the "real" reason. And I hope it's not reflective upon anything he's done negatively or has to do with him personally on that basis.

If you're trying to say he didn't want to play for New England because they're some sort of Evil Empire and he didn't want to be associated with them -- that's pretty hard to believe.

More likely,   he showed up,  saw that he couldn't cut it in camp,  and decided it was time to retire.

You may be right -- but the odds are very, very long.

My biggest issue is we have little to no depth on our D line and we very scarily young and inexperienced. I like the potential of alot of the guys we have but too young!!!

I share your concern...we are ridiculously thin and inexperienced on our defensive line now.  Hopefully, the Colts are planning on bringing in a solid veteran tackle from somewhere.  Not sure I'm feeling too confident about us winning the Super Bowl with this D line as it currently stands.

If you're trying to say he didn't want to play for New England because they're some sort of Evil Empire and he didn't want to be associated with them -- that's pretty hard to believe.

More likely, he showed up, saw that he couldn't cut it in camp, and decided it was time to retire.

You may be right -- but the odds are very, very long.

Exactly, and on top of that, it's not like Reggie didn't know who the Pats were before he signed the contract.