Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Players As Colts Trim Down To 53 (Cut Thread)

TKnight24

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think Griff has more to offer?

Never said that. I think that Carter has a lot more ability that Whalen, but Whalen brings special teams experience which is needed for your 5th WR. I think the special teams edge is what allowed Whalen to stick. Carter is still very raw PS would be great for him.

Y'all don't get that this isn't a "final roster"? Do you think we're stuck with these guys all year? If there a move that needs to be made, I assure you Ballard is on the short list of players to go.

Yeah.....we're gonna trade for jj watt and Eddie lacy......

Griff can return punts/kicks and play gunner on STs, which is what you want out of a depth receiver.

I agree that Griff can return punts, but so can Carter.  They tried him out.  I think both ended up not getting the job.

Don't remember hearing of Carter being a gunner, but I'd give him a chance.

As a receiver, I'd go with Carter.

Still don't know why we kept Griff?  He must be the team mascot. lol.

if you call looking to trade him that's a good hint your not keeping him.

Also, then he has all off-season to learn your system now he doesn't. Lastly trading a draft pick for a guy is different than giving them a contract where you can release him if he doesn't workout like the Colts have done.

I also think the Colts will try to put him on their practice squad.

Trades happen all the time, so you're saying the Colts should have just waited for Sio Moore to be released instead of trading for him last night? If a team wants a player they go get him, they don't wait for them to possibly hit the wire.

However, I agree with you. I think the Colts WANT to put him on the practice squad but now they have to risk him being claimed by another team, which I think he will be.

Trades happen all the time, so you're saying the Colts should have just waited for Sio Moore to be released instead of trading for him last night? If a team wants a player they go get him, they don't wait for them to possibly hit the wire.

However, I agree with you. I think the Colts WANT to put him on the practice squad but now they have to risk him being claimed by another team, which I think he will be.

i didn't say that at all. If you are established and are likely to draw high interest sure trade for the guy. I don't think Carter was going to draw that high of interst based on the reasons I said above. I'll add to that he doesn't have the NFL experience that a vet does like the linebacker that the Colts have. I have feeling if you truly want Carter you are going to have no problem getting him.

Carter might have drawn interst in the winter but things have changed. You are now asking him to learn a whole system in a week rather than off-season. He was also not that impressive in the pre-season outside of when he was on there late in games against a bunch of other players who got released. He doesn't look to be NFL ready yet.

Also, reports are the Panthers wanted a vet WR so they might not have wanted to trade for Carter.

I also think the Colts still want him back so they can keep developing him. He just doesn't appear to be NFL ready yet.

So there are lots of reasons that could be that caused him to not get traded.