Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Players As Colts Trim Down To 53 (Cut Thread)

TKnight24

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything that Werner does well? He was drafted to be a pass rusher, and he is terrible at pass rushing. Now he is supposed to be a run stopper, and he is terrible at stopping the run. I just cannot figure out why this cab driver is still a Colt. Why do we tolerate having horrible players on the roster? Richardson and Landry last season. Werner this season. I don't understand wasting roster spots on bums

THEY KEPT BALLARD!?

Seriously!!!?????

Wow..... I get it he's a good guy but seriously... Come on.

THEY KEPT BALLARD!?

Seriously!!!?????

Wow..... I get it he's a good guy but seriously... Come on.

My guess is he'll be one of the first to go once the Colts start signing other teams' castoffs.  They have to address their depleted DLine.

And if they don't

If they don't address the Dline then we will be watching another team represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. 

In any case, this Colts roster isn't final so other moves will happen and when they do I think Ballard is likely gone at some point.  Hard to imagine the Colts carrying 5 running backs all season. 

If you're trying to say he didn't want to play for New England because they're some sort of Evil Empire and he didn't want to be associated with them -- that's pretty hard to believe.

More likely,   he showed up,  saw that he couldn't cut it in camp,  and decided it was time to retire.

You may be right -- but the odds are very, very long.

I'm sure you're probably correct. The inference from me was playing football. Just wasn't quite sure what it was. Whatever his reason was, it in all likelihood, related to sound judgement on his part. Never have known Reggie to not make those decisions based on that.

Looking at our DL and how young it is and who we had last year and have kept its clear what we thought of that unit. Kinda sad we have rookies coming in and beating out our vets. Kinda worrying that they are the best we have....I mean I'm optimistic they are talented but usually rookies on the DL don't fair well against seasoned lineman.

How do you not get that Ballard is the second most talented running back on the Colts roster? Sometimes I don't get this forum. It's starting at us all right in the face.

Some people are down playing just how good of a back Vick Ballard is.  The guy had 800 plus rushing yards behind that abismal line that was protecting Luck in the first year.  Behind the line that we have now(I know they ain't great, but better than Lucks first year) he would go for over 1000 yards to be honest.  I don't know if they will turn around and release him in the days to come or make some kind of a trade, but if not he does appear to have the same bounce in his step, good pass protector, and an excellent receiver.

Hopefully the hamstring is a minor thing because if he holds up that's a good tandem between him and Gore.  It's ironic because you could have said the same thing about Gore coming out of Miami. Injury prone after two back to back seasons of knee surgeries. Gore held up after that and now sits as one of the most durable backs in the league.  Never know what the future holds I guess.  We'll see what happens...

My guess is he'll be one of the first to go once the Colts start signing other teams' castoffs.  They have to address their depleted DLine.

I think he was kept because Boom is hurt and Robinson hasn't been cleared yet.  I know Ballard is hurt too but if they think he can be ready to go by week one they could use him because right now the only two healthy running backs on the roster are Gore and Varga. 

I think as people get healthy you are going to see at least one if not two of the running backs go.  We also have no idea how bad the injury is to Boom.  If he's going to miss time they might not be crazy with having two rookies backing up Gore and that being it. 

Looking at our DL and how young it is and who we had last year and have kept its clear what we thought of that unit. Kinda sad we have rookies coming in and beating out our vets. Kinda worrying that they are the best we have....I mean I'm optimistic they are talented but usually rookies on the DL don't fair well against seasoned lineman.

That's one way to look at it.  To me it's exciting that the Colts feel like they have some really good young players on the d-line.  There are going to be bumps along the way but I think getting them out there to play right away is only going to benefit the Colts in the years to come. 

Also as I keep saying this is the final cuts, not the final roster.  I fully expect them to add at least one D-lineman before this weekend is over.

I think he was kept because Boom is hurt and Robinson hasn't been cleared yet. I know Ballard is hurt too but if they think he can be ready to go by week one they could use him because right now the only two healthy running backs on the roster are Gore and Varga.

I think as people get healthy you are going to see at least one if not two of the running backs go. We also have no idea how bad the injury is to Boom. If he's going to miss time they might not be crazy with having two rookies backing up Gore and that being it.

Good point on the injury angle. Although I thought Boom said he was "good" and that it was only a stinger. Forgot that Robinson is on concussion protocol. Like you said Ballard is hurt too...hamstring I believe. Maybe they are still sorting out who is healthy enough to play next week and will decide later who to keep long term.

I still expect a D line signing soon. Having two rookies starting there would be crazier to me than having two rookies backing up Gore.

Good point on the injury angle. Although I thought Boom said he was "good" and that it was only a stinger. Forgot that Robinson is on concussion protocol. Like you said Ballard is hurt too...hamstring I believe. Maybe they are still sorting out who is healthy enough to play next week and will decide later who to keep long term.

I still expect a D line signing soon. Having two rookies starting there is crazier to me than having two as the only back up RBs.

yeah I think there is a better chance that you or me start at QB on Sunday than there is that we don't add a d-lineman in the days to come.