Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Won!

Robin

Thoughts on the game? Happiest I've been in the regular season in the last couple of years. Awesome performance all round. Great game from:

Pat Angerer

Kavell COnner

Ernie Sims

Donald Brown

Reggie Wayne

Robert Mathis

Jacob Lacey

Antoine Bethea

David Caldwell

I wish I could feel good about this but what if this means Caldwell keeps his job and we lose the #1 draft pick. Is that really worth one win this season? I'm looking at next season and beyond at this point. I understand you guys being excited but this is all about the future at this point.

I said in another thread this morning that I didn't care either way if the Colts win or lose. I was wrong, it feels great to win again. Its been so long that I had gotten to the point where I didn't care.

It is my sincere hope that we ride the wind and streak through the next two games, putting an end to this conjecture over Luck and Manning. Lets kill Houston and Jacksonville, upset the Texans hopes for a by-week and look forward to great season in 2012 on the shoulders of Manning.

I would like to add that while Dan O isn't a great QB, he sure showed that he is a football player when he charged into a block that freed Brown for an 80YRD run, driving a nail into the Titans coffin. Unfortunately this ambiguous play was the highlight of his less than stellar career.

Thoughts on the game? Happiest I've been in the regular season in the last couple of years. Awesome performance all round. Great game from:

Pat Angerer

Kavell COnner

Ernie Sims

Donald Brown

Reggie Wayne

Robert Mathis

Jacob Lacey

Antoine Bethea

David Caldwell

That Conner....was he a second round pick...??

He was dominating today..and Angerer was strong.......

I swear I saw Lacey in press coverage.....at times..but my eyes may have deceived me...

..and Donald Brown is NOT a bust. :number1:

It feels like we won a playoff game.

I wish I could feel good about this but what if this means Caldwell keeps his job and we lose the #1 draft pick. Is that really worth one win this season? I'm looking at next season and beyond at this point. I understand you guys being excited but this is all about the future at this point.

There is no way this one win should save his job. While driving home from Indy, my wife and I were discussing the great play of Pat Angerer and Donald Brown while listening to the post game show. Bill Polian, whom until today I thought was intelligent, spent his post game conference explaining how this win proved that the players believe in Caldwell. When I took Logic 101 in college, I am pretty sure his statement would not be accurate. Win feels good, but Polian ruined my drive home by politicking to save a terrible coach.

That Conner....was he a second round pick...??

He was dominating today..and Angerer was strong.......

I swear I saw Lacey in press coverage.....at times..but my eyes may have deceived me...

..and Donald Brown is NOT a bust. :number1:

It feels like we won a playoff game.

Conner was a 7th round pick. Lacey and Angerer had amazing games, and Conner just shut down CJ2K. Donald Brown should have never been known as a bust. It's only his 3rd year. He's really turning the corner this year, and that's really good. He has so much potential. I don't think it feels like a playoff game, it feels like a much deserved win. It's like that win vs the Titans last year. This win has a weird feeling too. Not used to seeing the Colts this bad, besides 1997.

Conner was a 7th round pick. Lacey and Angerer had amazing games, and Conner just shut down CJ2K. Donald Brown should have never been known as a bust. It's only his 3rd year. He's really turning the corner this year, and that's really good. He has so much potential. I don't think it feels like a playoff game, it feels like a much deserved win. It's like that win vs the Titans last year. This win has a weird feeling too. Not used to seeing the Colts this bad, besides 1997.

7th round..I forgot that....

I'm going to hold my tounge on him until I see him do it against those Houston backs..

but you're right...He was stronger than dirt today...

I guess i meant that that 'win or go home' thing.. playoff feel

I thouhgt that had we lost the lead today ...0-16 was assured

...again.I took the 0-16 darnation very seriously...more so than most

Today was almost like a pigskin ressurection..

Someone needs to watch McAfee tonight and keep him out of the canal! That aside, some celebration is in order.

word is staying after to work on punting the ball out of bounds because you know if he had kicked the ball out of bounds there would have been no flags on any of those punts today ;)

Horrible win, Minnesota has a REAL shot to take that pick from us.

I don't see us deal well with the zone and cut blocking of the Texans. We might give the Texans a fight but they will make enough plays to prevail. We will be 2-14 at best if we can show we can stop MJD, easier said than done :). We do well versus those speed guys like LT and Chris Johnson but have a harder time vs the bruisers like MJD and Michael Turner type of guys. Arian Foster, however, is a different beast, he may not be as fast as LT in his prime but he has as good vision as LT in his prime, IMO.