Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne has Torn Tricep

TKnight24

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:facepalm:

So you'd prefer him to stay out there and keep dropping passes?

I'm almost certain it happened today or Pagano is getting in trouble for not reporting it

Of course...I'm sure this is the case as well.

But you know, it depends on the condition of him....man it's unreal to see him drop those...it was hard to watch and unbelievable. I thought I was in the twilight zone! 

If it's something that he/doctors/whomever feel is minor and he can come back from in a few games ? who knows, none of us have any details...what if Pagano didn't even mean to say torn...or tri, 

Maybe he meant torn tri-tip steak ? HAH

:facepalm:

So you'd prefer him to stay out there and keep dropping passes?

I'm almost certain it happened today or Pagano is getting in trouble for not reporting it

I didn't say I'd prefer him out there, nor did I say I want him to keep dropping passes. If Wayne and the doctors think he can go out and play then that's on them no us.

I said earlier something was up with Reggie, and now this explains it. Reggie doesn't drop 4 passes in a game. I don't really see how he can play through this, so guys we all probably watched Reggie's last game this afternoon. It's going to be up to TY and Moncrief from here on out. Lets just hope Nicks steps up and is at least a decent 3rd WR, but I'd say by playoff time Whalen will be our 3rd.

I think WAYNE is the one that's wanting to play so bad that he is willing to play through the Tricep injury and I think it very well could be an unsaid way of saying...... I know I don't have much left and knowing that I want to play through this and see where we  end up as a team and be there for my team because come the end of the year Im really leaning towards retiring

Just my thoughts, Don't take them as facts but this is my read on him playing through all this

what has probably happened is that the doctors have told him he needs some surgery and he has decided to post-pone it till the off-season, thereby, allowing him to play hurt.  Im sure he talked Pagano into it.  Ok, so this is just a guess but Wayne knows he's in his final one or two years, and wants to go down fighting.  we can't blame anyone but the people allowing him to be on the field (pagano).  But how can Pagano say no to a possible future hall of famer?

If he's hurt why isn't he ever listed on the injury report?

Which is why we should hope this story grows no legs and goes nowhere. Once the news about this gets out, the NFL will be wanting to know why it wasn't disclosed (a serious sticking point in the league recently) and why he was allowed to continue playing with an injury he should not have been playing with. (Which has also become a major point of emphasis recently.)

When you read this it doesn't sound like Wayne has any intention of going on IR...

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/9428/reggie-wayne-dealing-with-an-assortment-of-injuries

Chuck Pagano says Reggie Wayne playing with a torn tricep

December, 7, 2014
Dec 7

CLEVELAND -- Indianapolis Colts veteran receiver Reggie Wayne had one of the worst games of his career against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, catching only one pass for five yards and dropping three balls.

It turns out, according to coach Chuck Pagano, Wayne is dealing with an assortment of injuries.

Pagano said on the Colts' radio postgame show that Wayne is "fighting and playing through stuff; knee elbow and torn tri [tricep]."

All three of Wayne's drops were ones he has routinely made throughout his 14-year career. His biggest drop was in the fourth quarter when the Colts were in Cleveland territory.

"I basically told myself, 'You're doing everything you possibly can to throw this game,'" Wayne said. "Thankfully my teammates were able to have my back. ...You have to have amnesia. That's the way it goes. They happen like that sometimes. You have to put it behind you and keep going. Be thankful you have next week."

Wayne missed a game earlier this season with an elbow injury, suffered against Cincinnati on Oct. 19.