Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne has Torn Tricep

TKnight24

Here comes the hatred again. if the ball hits his hands it is catchable, reaching up and down is a different issue.

I am only talking about the ones that hit him in the hands 

By the way, I played hockey for 25 years and a season with a partially torn tricep. I kept it wrapped tight and was able to play with some pain but I could still play and control the puck and shoot. Reaching above my head was really painful so I avoided that. 

I torn tricep muscle on affects moving the arms to a spot. once your arms are in position your hands so the work but those balls either hit his chest or just fell to the ground. All the missed catches I am talking about his his hands once his body was set 

Lets move on to the more serious issue, why is he playing at all if that affects his catching ability that much?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - that is actually really sad.  I have felt many things as a spectator to a game that other people play - humiliation is never one of them.  

People put a lot into sports, maybe you have a rival at work who roots for another team, maybe your in a football pool, maybe you have your house decked out in colts gear and your neighbors a bears fan, fact is humiliation can come from rooting for something to happen, its not sad, its an indication of a persons feelings for something and when you invest deeply into something and then feel let down or even fooled into a belief , humiliation is a natural out come. 

They let Satelle play a whole year when he sucked, they let DHB and Nicks play and they both suck, hell T-rich  and Landry are still playing and they suck, my point is a lot of people get plenty of playing time when they've never really done anything special to earn it. Reggie has earned it, probably more than any one on the team, Football is a business which provides a product to its customer, and while he might not be producing right now, he gave many of us some of the greatest memories we could ask for from a football player. So in my opinion, he stays on the field until he wants off or until every other player that is under preforming is replaced. You damn sure don't start with Reggie!

Let him break the record for most games as a Colt and most wins as a Colt. After that, though, I think we need to shut him down, or keep him under 10-15 plays per game.

I also think that this Sunday Moncrief should start an Reggie should only be in on 3 receiver sets.

Pagano has apparently dodged the question of whether or not Reggie would start Sunday.

They let Satelle play a whole year when he sucked, they let DHB and Nicks play and they both suck, hell T-rich and Landry are still playing and they suck, my point is a lot of people get plenty of playing time when they've never really done anything special to earn it. Reggie has earned it, probably more than any one on the team, Football is a business which provides a product to its customer, and while he might not be producing right now, he gave many of us some of the greatest memories we could ask for from a football player. So in my opinion, he stays on the field until he wants off or until every other player that is under preforming is replaced. You damn sure don't start with Reggie!

Like you said, football is a business. From there you went the complete wrong direction.

It's natural as a fan to want to see the storybook ending. But in this case, it's a pipe dream. It's a business. Personal feelings aren't worth a dime.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

We can easily fix the problems that Reggie is creating in the passing game by going more of the load to Moncrief and Fleener. Other areas, there is no immediate answer. So while yes, we have things that need to be fixed before the receiver situation, there is no immediate fix. We DO have an immediate fix at receiver, however. It's foolish not to take advantage.

Like you said, football is a business. From there you went the complete wrong direction.

It's natural as a fan to want to see the storybook ending. But in this case, it's a pipe dream. It's a business. Personal feelings aren't worth a dime.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

We can easily fix the problems that Reggie is creating in the passing game by going more of the load to Moncrief and Fleener. Other areas, there is no immediate answer. So while yes, we have things that need to be fixed before the receiver situation, there is no immediate fix. We DO have an immediate fix at receiver, however. It's foolish not to take advantage.

Well, like I said, its just my opinion..and personally i don't think anything they do with Reggie, take him out or leave him in is going to have any bearing on whether win the Superbowl or not.

I wouldn't say we need to shut down Reggie completely. We can use him like the Steelers used Hines Ward in his later years, or even Green Bay with Donald Driver. It's pretty much a catch 22 though, because Nicks who was supposed to be the guy if something were to happen to Reggie hasn't done anything this whole season. After TY and Nicks who else is there?

id say it's now TY, (Fleener as a Tightend), Moncrief, Reggie, then Nicks. After Nicks the only other WR on the roster at the moment is Cribbs who is here to return kicks more than play WR. They also have Allen who factors in at TE but I think they use him for more specific plays than they always factor him into the passing game because of how often he is kept in to block.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

i think you seeing them shift more of the load to Fleener and Moncrief and I think you will see them keep shifting. I don't think it's an accident both Fleener and Moncrief are really coming on after Reggie's injury. I think Reggie has really become the third WR and fourth option overall. If Nicks was better you might even see Reggie slide further down the pecking order but right now an injuried Reggie Wayne is better than a healthy Nicks.

Let him break the record for most games as a Colt and most wins as a Colt. After that, though, I think we need to shut him down, or keep him under 10-15 plays per game.

I also think that this Sunday Moncrief should start an Reggie should only be in on 3 receiver sets.

Pagano has apparently dodged the question of whether or not Reggie would start Sunday.

like trent said, it's not sbout who starts it's about who gets the bulk of the plays. I think what you described is exactly how Reggie is going to be used from here on out, especially now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak regarding his injury. I think you'll see him used on plays where he can block and be a decoy to help free up other people because healthy or not you can't just not cover Reggie Wayne. Now is he going to demand a double team but he will draw a corner who can't be used to help on someone else.

I mean.... Isn't that a point of a forum? To inform as well as allow everyone to give their opinions wether they are justified or not? Bravo...Just sayin.

I also agree. I'm sure it is up to Reggie. If it was up to anyone else he most likely would be done by now.

i think if it was anyone but Reggie Wayne they would be done by now too. I think this is a special situation because I do think this is Reggie's final season and they are letting him try to play through it.

This is one of two things I really cannot stand about Pags...     WHY?  dude is hurt?  Why is he playing?     You want your pal Reg to get a record?  That is nonsense.   

I am telling you all Pags is his own worst enemy,  not playing Moncrief, playing Trent over far more capable players.  

I don't know, but IF I see Nicks or Wayne in over Donte I will have a breakdown. .   What more does this staff need to see to make changes.    Heck Ship and Holmes made the line 5x better and watch...  if the "starters" are healthy they will be back..

:thmsup:

This definitely explains his performance (or lack thereof) the last few weeks. I hope we shut him down for his health and because he will only be a liability. Those drops really hurt us today.

i think if it was anyone but Reggie Wayne they would be done by now too. I think this is a special situation because I do think this is Reggie's final season and they are letting him try to play through it.

These are the kind of decisions that cost teams games and get coaches fired...  

I am telling you all ...     IF this team fizz's down the stretch or in the playoffs look out for Jimmy H.....

Just saying..

These are the kind of decisions that cost teams games and get coaches fired...

I am telling you all ... IF this team fizz's down the stretch or in the playoffs look out for Jimmy H.....

Just saying..

Losing causes coaches to get fired. The Colts have lost one game this year since Reggie got hurt and Reggie has played with the injury. The New England game. Frankly the best game Reggie has played since the injury. I don't think you can link Reggie being out there as to why the Colts lost that game.

I realize that game was not fun to watch (found myself jealous of the Browns fans who seemed to be having a great time........right up til the end) but I think people are being more than a little bit harsh.

Reggie was not good at all in that game but I trust him to know what's going on.  Not going to second guess him.

I realize that game was not fun to watch (found myself jealous of the Browns fans who seemed to be having a great time........right up til the end) but I think people are being more than a little bit harsh.

Reggie was not good at all in that game but I trust him to know what's going on.  Not going to second guess him.

i also trust Reggie to respond, he's smart enough to know Chuck is sticking his neck out there a little bit to let him keep playing. I also think no one is being as harsh on Reggie's play Sunday than Reggie Wayne. He knows he has to do better if he's going to be out there. I think you'll see him respond Sunday. I am not saying it will be a great effort because I dont think the injury will let it be a great effort but I think it will be better than what we saw Sunday.

Look at teams Indy is beating up on ...     They have beat 2 and a half "good" teams..   Balt, Cincy, and Houston...

The rest Tenn, Jax 2x, Cleve, NYG, and Wash.      Henne, Bortles, Hoyer, Manning, Whitehurst, and Colt McCoy.

The really good teams with legitimate QB's are putting it on this team...     Chuck is a good coach, but he WILL not get this team over the top.    They get thoroughly out coached against the ELITE.    Philly is the exception, they should have won that game but dang...    I just don't see it with the guy.   This playoffs will be very telling ...     Irsay fired Polian..        he will do it again, especially if a coach like Jimmy comes available.  

Andrew Luck much like Manning is masking a LOT of deficiencies on this roster and staff.....

I would do it....

JMO...      

Losing causes coaches to get fired. The Colts have lost one game this year since Reggie got hurt. The New England game. Frankly the best game Reggie has played since the injury. I don't think you can link Reggie being out there as to why the Colts lost that game.

Look at teams Indy is beating up on ... They have beat 2 and a half "good" teams.. Balt, Cincy, and Houston...

The rest Tenn, Jax 2x, Cleve, NYG, and Wash. Henne, Bortles, Hoyer, Manning, Whitehurst, and Colt McCoy.

The really good teams with legitimate QB's are putting it on this team... Chuck is a good coach, but he WILL not get this team over the top. They get thoroughly out coached against the ELITE. Philly is the exception, they should have won that game but dang... I just don't see it with the guy. This playoffs will be very telling ... Irsay fired Polian.. he will do it again, especially if a coach like Jimmy comes available.

Andrew Luck much like Manning is masking a LOT of deficiencies on this roster and staff.....

I would do it....

JMO...

i didn't say they were beating world beaters. I'll be the first to tell you this is a flawed team and are pretenders but I was responding to your notion that playing Reggie Wayne is what costs teams games and will get coaches fired. The Colts are 4-1 with a hurt Reggie playing so I don't think playing Reggie hurt is the issue. I think turnovers, a none existent running game, and the o-line are the issues and defense that fests on bad teams but struggles against good teams with the Ravens and Bengals being exceptions.

If any one thinks we are one player away from winning the Superbowl they are crazy, the only way we win the Superbowl this year is if the football gods give us some crazy luck, and a lot of it, so what the hell does it hurt to let Reggie get what he has earned, him being on the field damn sure isn't going to stop Denver or New England from killing us. Remember he could of took more money and bailed when this thing was in the toilet, so if the guy wants to play through a ton of pain freaking let him. If it upsets you to much to watch, just look some where else on their field, theirs plenty to be mad about bro!

I wouldn't say we need to shut down Reggie completely. We can use him like the Steelers used Hines Ward in his later years, or even Green Bay with Donald Driver. It's pretty much a catch 22 though, because Nicks who was supposed to be the guy if something were to happen to Reggie hasn't done anything this whole season. After TY and Nicks who else is there?

Oh snap I meant TY and Moncrief lol. 

id say it's now TY, (Fleener as a Tightend), Moncrief, Reggie, then Nicks. After Nicks the only other WR on the roster at the moment is Cribbs who is here to return kicks more than play WR. They also have Allen who factors in at TE but I think they use him for more specific plays than they always factor him into the passing game because of how often he is kept in to block.

I meant to say TY and Moncrief, I just typed Hakeem for some reason. Realistically, its should be TY, Moncrief, and have Fleener alternate between the slot and te # 2 with Allen and Doyle. Reggie shouldn't sit out completely but if he keeps dropping passes, they have no choice. 

People put a lot into sports, maybe you have a rival at work who roots for another team, maybe your in a football pool, maybe you have your house decked out in colts gear and your neighbors a bears fan, fact is humiliation can come from rooting for something to happen, its not sad, its an indication of a persons feelings for something and when you invest deeply into something and then feel let down or even fooled into a belief , humiliation is a natural out come. 

I get a lot out of watching the Colts.  Spent a great deal of our expendible income following them around the country to see games, am a season ticket holder, and have been to playoffs and the Super Bowl.  I don't ever get humiliated by their performance because I don't derive my self-worth from it. 

Not to hop on the negativity train, but we also get out coached by many other teams. We were out coached Sunday too. We only won because Hoyer is a horrific QB, and Browns left way too many plays on offense and our offense got more chances than they deserved. I'm not gonna complain though, I'll take it and run with it. It's a shame how bad we actually are though, I was hoping we could get hot if we make the postseason... but we lack depth at most position and our coaching staff is lame and predictable. If we didn't have Luck, Pagano would be at risk of losing his job. 

Pagano is a great guy, a players coach. He isn't greay head coach material though. It says a lot that him holding back on that challenge--then challenging the Gordon drop afterwards, are like the best decisions I remember him making here. I wouldn't mind him as a defensive coordinator or a positions coach (somewhere on defense of course). But he lacks what makes most NFL coaches great. We need a coach that would have the grit to bench Richardson.

I really hope it isn't Irsay or Grigson trying to save face for the double bust for the ages. Richardson not only gave Cleveland billboard material, but he was almost a non-factor aside from like 2-3 good runs that a HS running back could make. Cribbs nearly cost us the game, he had one good return but screwed us over more than he helped. Can we stop going after Browns players who clearly are done? Jackson and Adams are good though--exceptions to the rule as they say.

I'd give Pagano maybe a C or a C+ as a grade; and that's being very generous btw. I still feels like we are essentially the same as last year if not slightly worse. Except that Luck, TY, Fleener, and Allen are all improving. Luck is still getting destroyed week in and week out, we still have no run game, we don't have a pass rush when Mathis is out, we are still extremely inconsistent on both sides of the ball, Pep still baffles with his situational playcalling at times, and Richardson is still our starter (this must be a curse).

That said, I will still be hoping for the best come January, but I just don't think we have the pieces to get there.

Oh Dear God...

Another from the got out-coached crowd. 

Listen to Venturi on 1070 the Fan.  He said the exact opposite.  He went into the game saying that Davis being out will afford the Colts an opportunity to figure how set up coverage differently than what they normally do.  He said Manusky and Pagano did a really good job of switching coverages up to put Gordy in better positions.

On the Browns side, he commented on how bad Pettine did because they went away from the specific type of blitz that they had used to get pressure in the first half and never went back to it.

Neither of those suggest what you say is true.

And your Richardson commentary is absurd.  They are locked into using him this year to split carries.  There is nothing to be done at this point - he HAS to play a role.  But look at the last series on offense - who was in the game?  Not Richardson.  He recognizes who gave the team the best chance to make a play.  More bad coaching, huh?

Look at teams Indy is beating up on ... They have beat 2 and a half "good" teams.. Balt, Cincy, and Houston...

The rest Tenn, Jax 2x, Cleve, NYG, and Wash. Henne, Bortles, Hoyer, Manning, Whitehurst, and Colt McCoy.

The really good teams with legitimate QB's are putting it on this team... Chuck is a good coach, but he WILL not get this team over the top. They get thoroughly out coached against the ELITE. Philly is the exception, they should have won that game but dang... I just don't see it with the guy. This playoffs will be very telling ... Irsay fired Polian.. he will do it again, especially if a coach like Jimmy comes available.

I would do it....

JMO...

seems i heard very similar things about a certain coach pre 2006

The thing about Reggie is that he knows his body, what he can & can't do right now, & as a SB Champion himself, I trust that he wouldn't willingly go if he felt he was a liability to his team like Nadine said. 

I am perplexed as to how some forum members think Coach Pagano is not the answer in INDY with such a short tenure under his belt. Before we write his epitaph, can we at least finish the regular season first?

It feels like some fans just went into a dealership, bought a sweet new ride, & they wanna return the merchandize simply because the upholstery was the wrong color. Every franchise undergoes some turbulence now & then. 

Does Luck rectify a lot of mistakes? Sure he does, but so does Brady, Rogers, Manning, & Big Ben. That's what elite QBs do. [Yes, you can make the argument that Ben's very good & not elite, but I say he's in that esteemed company because he can carry an average roster & still win if he has to do so.] 

Oh Dear God...

Listen to Venturi on 1070 the Fan.  He said the exact opposite.  He went into the game saying that Davis being out will afford the Colts an opportunity to figure how set up coverage differently than what they normally do.  He said Manusky and Pagano did a really good job of switching coverages up to put Gordy in better positions.

On the Browns side, he commented on how bad Pettine did because they went away from the specific type of blitz that they had used to get pressure in the first half and never went back to it.

And your Richardson commentary is absurd.  They are locked into using him this year to split carries.  There is nothing to be done at this point - he HAS to play a role.  But look at the last series on offense - who was in the game?  Not Richardson.  He recognizes who gave the team the best chance to make a play.  More bad coaching, huh?

I am with you on the coaching thing.  I am tired of hearing it this staff is 31-14 with two playoff trips, a division title and a playoff win and look like they are on their way to a third straight playoff trip and back-to-back division titles.  This all after taking over a 2-14 team where most thought this year might be the first year the Colts were contending for the playoffs again.  You don't win 2/3 of your games and have a coaching staff that can't coach over three years.

Yes I know Chuck missed a large portion of the first year but most of the rest of the staff was in place for that first year with the exception of Pep and the special teams coach.  Also Arians made it very well known that he did things the way Chuck wanted them done.  So yes Chuck was gone but it's not like he was completely removed from the picture.  Even if you want to toss that out he has responded with two good back-to-back seasons.

Is Chuck and this staff perfect?  No, they make mistakes but ALL coaches make mistakes.  Is Chuck going to the Hall of Fame?  I don't personally think so but frankly other than BB I don't think you can name me another coach in the NFL who is a lock of a Hall of Fame when he's done coaching.  Frankly for the bulk of the time BB has been in New England there have been only been a few coaches who will be considered for the Hall of Fame when they are done and the Colts had one of them during that time in Dungy and fans still complained about him.  Chuck has his flaws but the Colts could be in far worse shape when it comes to coaching. 

Also fans are very quick to blame coaching for EVERYTHING.  Sometimes the players make mistakes or don't do things right or sometimes the coaches play a guy because it's the best that they have even if that guy isn't very good.  Now let me be clear when it comes to Reggie playing that's clearly a coaching call.  It's one I think Chuck is torn between because he's trying to balance doing what's right for Reggie and what he thinks is best for the team.  I think the Colts have been handling the Reggie injury for while now so I don't expect to see him IRed like some fans are calling for.  If they didn't do it in the seven weeks before this one I don't see them doing it now, not now when Reggie is one game away from breaking the record for most games played as a Colt and perhaps breaking the record for the most wins as a Colt. 

What I do think they are doing is reducing Reggie's role in the offense.  I don't think it's by chance that you are seeing Moncreif and Fleener coming on since the Bengals game.  I think that's by design.  I think Reggie has become the fourth option on most passing plays and now that his streak is over you are going to see Reggie's role reduced even more.  Still, Reggie does have some value.  Reggie is still good at blocking down the field, running rub plays, and he does demand attention when he's on the field which helps get other people open.  I also think a broken Reggie Wayne is still better than Nicks at this point.  So even with Reggie's role reduced I think he can still help the team.

I also think Reggie flat out just didn't play well Sunday injury or not.  Reggie said as much on his radio show tonight that he didn't concentrate enough on Sunday.  So I think Reggie is smart enough to look at everything and go my coach is putting his neck out there a little bit to keep playing me and I didn't play well enough on Sunday and bounce back with a better game on Sunday.  I am not saying it will be the Reggie of old but I also don't think it will be another dropfest either.  I have a feeling Reggie is going to give the home crowd one more chance to chant "Reggie, Reggie, Reggie" before the game is over on Sunday.

My thoughts exactly. Praise in public, correct in private.

That's what good coaches do.  I know it doesn't make the fans happy who want to see someone held accountable when something doesn't go right but it's what you do.

I remember during 2011 someone asked Mathis about Caldwell always staying so calm and Mathis said something to the effect that they are grown men and grown men known when they make mistakes and don't need someone screaming and yelling at them about it because they lose respect for people who do that. 

It's one of the reasons Mora failed here. 

You just don't bash your players in the public they lose respect for you real fast that way if they lose respect for you you are finished as a head coach in the NFL. 

Yes I know Chuck missed a large portion of the first year but most of the rest of the staff was in place for that first year with the exception of Pep and the special teams coach.  Also Arians made it very well known that he did things the way Chuck wanted them done.  So yes Chuck was gone but it's not like he was completely removed from the picture. 

I also think a broken Reggie Wayne is still better than Nicks at this point.  

So, are you saying that Pagano is still responsible for his 1st year as HC in INDY even though he was otherwise preoccupied with surviving cancer? That's more than a bit far fetched GC8818. Even if I accept your premise that Arians was implementing Chuck's game play wishes & schemes, you can't hold a coach responsible when he's in the hospital & not in the film room no matter how talented your 2nd in command truly is. There is no substitute for literally being on site & technological access & devices are not going to bridge that gap ever. 

Your second statement made me chuckle as the NFL understatement of the 2014 year. LOL! 

I liked the vast majority of your post which was very well written. I just took a slight issue with your point about Pagano's health & game plan involvement or clearance. A minor point yes, but one I wanted to clarify because Cancer treatment sessions wipe you out & drain your enthusiasm & a game plan put into motion by another coach is not the same when the head coach is away & sidelined for a long duration.  

So, are you saying that Pagano is still responsible for his 1st year as HC in INDY even though he was otherwise preoccupied with surviving cancer? That's more than a bit far fetched GC8818. Even if I accept your premise that Arians was implementing Chuck's game play wishes & schemes, you can't hold a coach responsible when he's in the hospital & not in the film room no matter how talented your 2nd in command truly is. There is no substitute for literally being on site & technological access & devices are not going to bridge that gap ever.

Your second statement made me chuckle as the NFL understatement of the 2014 year. LOL!

I liked the vast majority of your post which was very well written. I just took a slight issue with your point about Pagano's health & game plan involvement or clearance. A minor point yes, but one I wanted to clarify because Cancer treatment sessions wipe you out & drain your enthusiasm & a game plan put into motion by another coach is not the same when the head coach is away & sidelined for a long duration.

i am saying you can't dismiss it completely. He coached the team through camp, he coached the first month of the season. He hired the coaches. He coached the pre-season and picked the players that made the roster He should get some of the credit and not just tossed out the window because it doesn't support the arguement that he's not a good coach. I am betting those that don't want to give him any credit what so ever for it would be singing a different tune if they had gone say 3-13 and that first season supported their argument.

Also, there is a general attack on coaching here across the board and I am saying if you want to dismiss that first season for Pagano you can't for the bulk of the rest of the staff because they were here for the first year with the noticeable exceptons of Pep and the special teams coach. This coaching staff is not nearly as bad as some want it to be.

As to the second point that's part of why Reggie still gets a good number of reps because while sad it's true. After Nicks there isn't much else other than Cribbs who hasn't been here long enough to be a real factor in the offense and frankly isn't why he was signed. Nicks can't even get where the ball is going at least Reggie gives you a chance if he can hang on to it. I am fine with that if Reggie takes over the number three WR role.

I get a lot out of watching the Colts. Spent a great deal of our expendible income following them around the country to see games, am a season ticket holder, and have been to playoffs and the Super Bowl. I don't ever get humiliated by their performance because I don't derive my self-worth from it.

Some people are glass half full, and some are glass half empty...

And some are "who said I wanted this glass? It isn't the right shape, size, color or texture for my liking. Get me another one and fire the guy who chose to put the water in this glass... And I was expecting Evian, but this is clearly Dasani, so fire the water guy too... And while we're at it, in my infinite expertise, it is clear to me that this was poured left handed. Water will always look and taste better when poured right handed, so fire the pourer too.

This whole water debacle has me feeling humiliated. I need a place to sulk loudly, and you have no right to disagree with me, or I will sulk even louder. I might even use CAPS.

Some people are glass half full, and some are glass half empty...

And some are "who said I wanted this glass? It isn't the right shape, size, color or texture for my liking. Get me another one and fire the guy who chose to put the water in this glass... And I was expecting Evian, but this is clearly Dasani, so fire the water guy too... And while we're at it, in my infinite expertise, it is clear to me that this was poured left handed. Water will always look and taste better when poured right handed, so fire the pourer too.

This whole water debacle has me feeling humiliated. I need a place to sulk loudly, and you have no right to disagree with me, or I will sulk even louder. I might even use CAPS.

Some people don't even have a glass any more :(

Oh Dear God...

Richardson does nothing but eats downs. I am tired of the apologist, and it is ridiculous that there needs to be a there is a thread just for him. Are people that bothered by the fact that he's a clear cut bust? Even when Bradshaw was healthy, we never put Herron in over him. Not even to make a point or anything. This is the same guy who is always making excuses for himself, and has never really acknowledged how terrible most of his play has been. He is occasionally good at blocking and catching, but is pretty much a non-factor.

Yes, it is bad coaching. A good coach would realize Herron gives us a better chance before 9 times out of 10. Not just when we're trailing. Trent should defer to him.

The only thing I'll give Pagano, is that he has to work without Mathis. Besides that, he's been average.

Richardson does nothing but eats downs. I am tired of the apologist, and it is ridiculous that there needs to be a there is a thread just for him. Are people that bothered by the fact that he's a clear cut bust? Even when Bradshaw was healthy, we never put Herron in over him. Not even to make a point or anything. This is the same guy who is always making excuses for himself, and has never really acknowledged how terrible most of his play has been. He is occasionally good at blocking and catching, but is pretty much a non-factor.

Yes, it is bad coaching. A good coach would realize Herron gives us a better chance before 9 times out of 10. Not just when we're trailing. Trent should defer to him.

The only thing I'll give Pagano, is that he has to work without Mathis. Besides that, he's been average.

When digging yourself a hole stop digging