Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne has Torn Tricep

TKnight24

Seems like our Head Apologist Chuck Pagano put his foot in his mouth yesterday, when he tried to defend Wayne's poor performance.

Josh Wilson‏@Coltsfanwilson 27m27 minutes ago

Did the Colts Violate NFL Policy by Not Disclosing Reggie Wayne's Torn Triceps? http://sbnation.com/e/7119874

Why are people so worried about this? It doesn't matter. If the Colts did break a rule, they'll be fined, and it won't affect the product on the field or the players or the fans at all.

Also, remember when the blogosphere was claiming that Pagano broke the rules by saying they released Rogers for conduct detrimental? Nothing came of that, either (because it wasn't against the rules).

This is people who get some weird satisfaction from being negative and pessimistic, and looking for something or someone to complain about.

This is a complete non-issue. The only thing that matters is that Reggie isn't 100%.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people so worried about this? It doesn't matter. If the Colts did break a rule, they'll be fined, and it won't affect the product on the field or the players or the fans at all.

Also, remember when the blogosphere was claiming that Pagano broke the rules by saying they released Rogers for conduct detrimental? Nothing came of that, either (because it wasn't against the rules).

This is people who get some weird satisfaction from being negative and pessimistic, and looking for something or someone to complain about.

This is a complete non-issue. The only thing that matters is that Reggie isn't 100%.

I think your last sentence us why its being made such a big deal, He clearly is nowhere near 100%. Its also amplified because he is Reggie Wayne.

I remember last year when Brandon Spikes in the offseason when he signed with the Bills came out and said that the Patriots were putting down one injury on the injury report when the player had a very different injury from what they put on the injury report.

Nothing came of that either so yes it's a non story as you said

I am just getting a little sick of Pagano's rhetoric every week. 

The team is playing crappy. That's reality. It's not that I get off on being pessimistic.

The last sentence has nothing to do with whether his status has been reported properly.

No, Not what I meant. The reason why this is such a big deal to the media and fans now could be because of who it involves, Wayne, Nothing to do with it being reported or not reported properly

Who cares about his rhetoric?

And what rhetoric, anyways? He said Reggie isn't playing well because he's been hurt. Most of us have speculated as much. Pagano confirmed it. He didn't roll the bus over Reggie, then back it up over him and roll over him again, so it's "rhetoric"? The coach is NOT going to rip his players in front of the media. He's not going to talk about guys the way people do on this board and in the blogosphere.

No, Not what I meant. The reason why this is such a big deal to the media and fans now could be because of who it involves, Wayne, Nothing to do with it being reported or not reported properly

We could just talk about his injury(s) without trying to nail Pagano for doing something wrong. I'm fully aware of why people would be so interested in Reggie's status, and how he should be handled moving forward. I don't know why anyone cares whether the reporting rule was broken.

The team is playing crappy. That's reality. It's not that I get off on being pessimistic.

I have never paid any attention to what coaches say in press conferences. I think their first objective of every presser is to get it over with.

We could just talk about his injury(s) without trying to nail Pagano for doing something wrong. I'm fully aware of why people would be so interested in Reggie's status, and how he should be handled moving forward. I don't know why anyone cares whether the reporting rule was broken.

And what rhetoric, anyways? He said Reggie isn't playing well because he's been hurt. Most of us have speculated as much. Pagano confirmed it. He didn't roll the bus over Reggie, then back it up over him and roll over him again, so it's "rhetoric"? The coach is NOT going to rip his players in front of the media. He's not going to talk about guys the way people do on this board and in the blogosphere.

I care about Pagano's rhetoric. Maybe he needs to just call a player out once in a while for poor play.

Instead of always using an old cliché or blaming an injury.

I care about Pagano's rhetoric. Maybe he needs to just call a player out once in a while for poor play.

Or not. There's zero advantage to the head coach publicly calling out one of his players. Zero.

Media asks the same stale questions over and over again, so Pagano hits them with the same cliches.

Also, what's wrong with him mentioning that Reggie is hurt when he's hurt? You act like he's making up something to protect someone, when everyone can tell that Reggie isn't 100%. He's been wearing a brace on his arm for a month and a half. It's no surprise to find out that he's hurt.

And when has Pagano EVER blamed an injury for a player's performance?

Ok lets talk about his injury.

The triceps injury was supposed to have occurred during the Cincinnati game, how is it then, that in the two games after Reggie Wayne came back he played well?

Wayne caught 4 balls for 70 yards and then 5 balls for 91 in his first two games back.

But now he drops a few passes and it's because he's injured.

I still say it's just more of Pagano's lame excuses and rhetoric.

And I would not be surprised if Wayne has a few more good games to close out the season.

Or not. There's zero advantage to the head coach publicly calling out one of his players. Zero.

Media asks the same stale questions over and over again, so Pagano hits them with the same cliches.

Also, what's wrong with him mentioning that Reggie is hurt when he's hurt? You act like he's making up something to protect someone, when everyone can tell that Reggie isn't 100%. He's been wearing a brace on his arm for a month and a half. It's no surprise to find out that he's hurt.

And when has Pagano EVER blamed an injury for a player's performance?

So the coach should just praise and give excuses for poor play?

The bolded is the bottom line.  I'm not sure the extent of Reggie's status and what it means going forward.  But I think that if he does in fact have a tear of some sort, or any injury that requires time to heal, that he gets in as good a shape as he can be for the playoffs.  So if that means sitting him now, then that's what we do.  He definitely did not look like himself Sunday.  Worse yet, or perhaps the better adjective is "sadly", it may mean his retirement comes after this year.  To me anyway, it's evidence in favor of retirement.  Guy almost never got injured, and now it's like he can't get to 100%.  Gonna miss that guy when the day comes.

Ok lets talk about his injury.

The triceps injury was supposed to have occurred during the Cincinnati game, how is it then, that in the two games after Reggie Wayne came back he played well?

Wayne caught 4 balls for 70 yards and then 5 balls for 91 in his first two games back.

But now he drops a few passes and it's because he's injured.

I still say it's just more of Pagano's lame excuses and rhetoric.

And I would not be surprised if Wayne has a few more good games to close out the season.

We know he was hurt against Cincinnati. Let's not pretend like that's made up somehow. And yes, some injuries get worse with time, especially soft tissue.

Otherwise, you're trying to tell me that Reggie suddenly can't catch, and there's no physical explanation for it. Which of those two scenarios is more likely?

And what good does it do to speak critically of Reggie, of all people, to the media? How does it help? Maybe there's some value in giving a younger player a push, but Reggie is almost done. And he doesn't need a push; no one works harder than him, no one is as skilled as he is, etc. If he did suddenly forget how to catch, Pagano ripping him does nothing but satisfy this bloodlust. It's not productive at all.

I hate to say this but catching the ball has nothing to do with a tricep muscle since you catch with your hands not your body. Reggie dropped to many balls that were easy catches for any other receiver. I would say that he has something else on his mind since his concentration was not good. 

Love you Reggie!

I hate to say this but catching the ball has nothing to do with a tricep muscle since you catch with your hands not your body. Reggie dropped to many balls that were easy catches for any other receiver. I would say that he has something else on his mind since his concentration was not good.

Love you Reggie!

This post makes me wonder if you've ever caught a football.

If a player is playing poorly

We all want to see guys benched for consistent bad play. (I am not saying Reggie Wayne should be)

But with Pagano he does not like to bench or even criticize any of his players.

Not true.  He benched DHB and TRich last year - although it took several games for him to become convinced.  My complaint with Chuck is that he's too slow on the analysis.

Love you Reggie!

Nothing to do with the tricep?  How, then, would you suggest he move his arms up, down, left or right in order to make said catch?