Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne has Torn Tricep

TKnight24

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely false. The NFL has NEVER penalized a team with a loss of draft picks for withholding an injury, serious or otherwise.

I believe the patriots were some years back. That's why everyone lands on the injury report now.

At the very least the NFL gave a stern warning that such conduct by teams would not be tolerated and would result in penalties such as the loss of draft picks if it were to occur. This has been around 2010. It was a pretty big deal when it all came about.

Nah I wouldn't go that far

I just don't see Nicks stepping up

This is what he was brought in for. Veteran presence if Reggie went down. Teams are now gonna double Hilton.....

Fleener, Allen, Moncrief, & Whalen if they bring him up are gonna have to play big time now

I just don't see Nicks stepping up

This is what he was brought in for. Veteran presence if Reggie went down. Teams are now gonna double Hilton.....

Fleener, Allen, Moncrief, & Whalen if they bring him up are gonna have to play big time now

Basically keep doing the same thing they been doing since week 5 vs Ravens, Reggie hasn't played well since then

I believe the patriots were some years back. That's why everyone lands on the injury report now.

At the very least the NFL gave a stern warning that such conduct by teams would not be tolerated and would result in penalties such as the loss of draft picks if it were to occur. This has been around 2010. It was a pretty big deal when it all came about.

No, they weren't. Here's a list of every team that has been stripped of draft pick by the NFL, since 1980: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32706/history-on-lost-draft-picks

No team has ever been docked a draft pick for an injury report violation. With a simple Google search, it appears that the biggest penalty the NFL has ever levied for an injury report violation was $125K against the Jets in 2008. Most of the violations have been $20K fines, or less, like what John Harbaugh got in 2012 (after 2010, when you claim this stern warning came from the NFL).

Poor Reggie might end up on ir not because he is old, or whatever people are throwing out there... but because the o-line is banged up again. We may need to bring another lineman in, and I'm not sure who else they could move for such a spot.

reitz to IR, if Reggie goes to IR then you need another WR.

@MikeWellsNFL: Chuck Pagano on Reggie Wayne with Bob Lamey said "he's fighting and playing through stuff he's fighting through. Knee, elbow and torn tri"

Is that from the injury the first time or did he just recently tear it?

And if he's in SOOO much Pain/Suffering...... Why are we playing him?

Edit:@mchappell51: So #colts Pagano told Bob Lamey on post-game Reggie Wayne playing with torn triceps. Would explain a lot. 8 rec., 41 yds last 3 games. @rtv6

Confirmed

reggie need be on ir tell the playoffs.  put moncrief second wr,s  

IF any of this is accurate and Reggie is headed to the IR. The guy I am interested in is Lenz. I think he can play on the outside as well as the slot. He has speed to burn.

Maybe Brazil will get another chance I thought things were going to start to click for him this year. I am pretty sure the CFL is over.

Rogers just stinks the Bengals signed Greg Little over him that has to tell you something. He isn't NFL material or he wouldn't be sitting on his couch.

Moncrief is going to see increased snaps but he is still pretty raw. Nicks needs to step it up. There is always Griff if you need to slide someone in the slot.

The torn bicep and the retirement talk go hand-in-hand.  When your 37 and spent the past year rehabbing a knee only to tear a bicep and likely get put IR, you have to be discouraged and thinking about retirement.  I'm a little tired of Pagano's sentimentality. The Sith Lord in NE doesn't do sentimentality.

Reggie is my favorite Colt and I hate to see him nit on the field but he doesn't deserve this.  

Play Moncrief, bring back Whalen, and don't give Nicks more snaps.  Nicks has nothing left - he can't get out of breaks with any separation.

No, they weren't. Here's a list of every team that has been stripped of draft pick by the NFL, since 1980: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32706/history-on-lost-draft-picks

No team has ever been docked a draft pick for an injury report violation. With a simple Google search, it appears that the biggest penalty the NFL has ever levied for an injury report violation was $125K against the Jets in 2008. Most of the violations have been $20K fines, or less, like what John Harbaugh got in 2012 (after 2010, when you claim this stern warning came from the NFL).

Nice list Supes.. 

Have to admit this made me chuckle:

• 2011 Lions forfeit seventh-round pick for tampering with Chiefs players

Just sounds... wrong. I think we us the phrase "tapping up" over here. 

I don't get all the "he can't play with a torn tri" talk. Ray Lewis did the same thing in the Ravens Super Bowl run. A tricep is just as important to a linebacker during a tackle as it is to a receiver during a catch. Heck, Phillip Rivers played on a torn ACL. I'm not saying he was or is the same player he was a few years back, but give the guy a shot. Yesterday was rough. I know, but we do not know how much of that was due to the tricep.

I don't get all the "he can't play with a torn tri" talk. Ray Lewis did the same thing in the Ravens Super Bowl run. A tricep is just as important to a linebacker during a tackle as it is to a receiver during a catch. Heck, Phillip Rivers played on a torn ACL. I'm not saying he was or is the same player he was a few years back, but give the guy a shot. Yesterday was rough. I know, but we do not know how much of that was due to the tricep.

I disagree a tri is as important to a LB as a WR.  A LB can still tackle even if he can't fully extend his arm, if a WR cannot fully extend his arm or it does not extend as far as usual that would have a huge impact on receptions.

Release Nicks and bring up Lenz from the PS too IMO

Agreed. His youth suggests Nicks should be at his peak physically, but all he shows on the field is a guy running in sand. One of the announcers yesterday commented on his lack of burst. No kidding.

I'd say hit FA and sign extra OL and play 6 OL, 1 TE, 2 WRs, 1 RB almost all the time. Mix and match the TE and WRs. If we get behind, we can always go back to 2 TE, 2 WRs or 1 TE, 3 WRs

Then run a variety of plays (like send 2nd WR in motion towards strong side with TE and send the OL in zone blocking towards weak side and if the RB goes outside the tackles quickly, the 2nd CB that shadowed the WR in motion is not there to make the tackle and you can get good yardage etc., I am sure coaches have variety of ways to conjure plays with 6 OLs)

It has worked out for the Ravens, Broncos, so many other teams, to run better, it will work for us too.

From what I read he stopped mid sentence, and people ran with it.

I feel for Reggie, he doesn't want to go out like this.

If you have the Colts App you can watch it yourself. It was Pagano's "Instant Access" video with Bob Lamey right after the game.

He said Wayne was "playing through the stuff he is playing through, a knee, elbow, torn tri, all that stuff so"

that doesn't make any sense... considering his streaks were not effected by him missing more than half the season last year.

If Reggie is put on the IR list, tomorrow for example, he cannot play another game this season.

Thus putting him only at 208 games played as a Colt, tied with Peyton Manning.

Then for the 2015 season he is a free agent, and may possibly retire. So if he does not play another regular season game this year he only stays tied. Thus the reason to keep him off of IR and get him the record. It's not like the coaches staff doesn't care about the records. They threw him garbage catches to extend his record of the 3 catches a game.

I disagree a tri is as important to a LB as a WR.  A LB can still tackle even if he can't fully extend his arm, if a WR cannot fully extend his arm or it does not extend as far as usual that would have a huge impact on receptions.

The extension of the arm isn't the issue. When wrapping up much of the strength comes from the biceps and triceps. If you can't lock your arms around the ball carrier they will break loose.