Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Top 5 Rumors Entering OTAs- Rant Sports

mattceinicram

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/05/25/5-biggest-indianapolis-colts-rumors-heading-into-otas/?utm_source=RantSports&utm_medium=HUBRecirculation&utm_term=NFLIndianapolis%20ColtsGrid

This article really doesn't have a lot nice to say about the Colts.  For example:

1.  Colts had Worst Offseason of any NFL team.

2. Trent Richardson can not be a viable back

3. Mathis suspension will doom the Colts season.

4. The Colts are a second tier NFL team.

Do you guys agree with any of this?  Or is this article a major troll?

Where's #5?

1-4 I couldn't take seriously :lol: :lol:

It's just funny how narrow minded the NFL world has become. It's to the point where if you don't make headlines, draft/sign big name players, or get engaged in meaningless Twitter wars over who is the best CB in the NFL then you're automatically declared irrelevant or bad

:colts:

Edit: Clicked the aritcle, so the only one I can take seriously is the Hakeem Nicks prediction

I'm not sure how these count as "rumours"? I'm not sure how this 2nd tier thing works as they seems to be saying there is only the Broncos and Patriots in tier 1 in the AFC, that and saying we're still likely to win the AFC South, hardly a "doomed" season.

Trash article with zero depth, nothing to see here, move along people. 

I'm not sure how these count as "rumours"? I'm not sure how this 2nd tier thing works as they seems to be saying there is only the Broncos and Patriots in tier 1 in the AFC, that and saying we're still likely to win the AFC South, hardly a "doomed" season.

If a tier 2 team beats a tier 1 team, doesn't that make the tier 2 team a tier 1 team?

"To be the best, you have to beat the best"

Where's #5?

1-4 I couldn't take seriously :lol: :lol:

It's just funny how narrow minded the NFL world has become. It's to the point where if you don't make headlines, draft/sign big name players, or get engaged in meaningless Twitter wars over who is the best CB in the NFL then you're automatically declared irrelevant or bad

:colts:

Edit: Clicked the aritcle, so the only one I can take seriously is the Hakeem Nicks prediction

It was about Nicks bouncing back, so it wasn't all bad.

I love these articles, they're from the same 'pundits' who told us the Texans were going to be in the SuperBowl last year.

Too bad all the teams we face don't take them seriously, or we could sneak up on somebody.

It was about Nicks bouncing back, so it wasn't all bad.

I love these articles, they're from the same 'pundits' who told us the Texans were going to be in the SuperBowl last year.

Too bad all the teams we face don't take them seriously, or we could sneak up on somebody.

I just don't understand the Denver bandwagon. How do you hype a team who just got embarrassed a few months ago on worldwide television?

They've talked about Denver more than Seattle. How do you talk about the loser as if they won more than the actual winner?

Only Seattle news has been Sherman campaigning his "#1 CB" beliefs

Smh, I don't understand it & no one can make me understand it

I just don't understand the Denver bandwagon. How do you hype a team who just got embarrassed a few months ago on worldwide television?

They've talked about Denver more than Seattle. How do you talk about the loser as if they won more than the actual winner?

Denver was more active in the off-season upgrading it's defense.  Seattle pretty much just stood pat and re-signed or extended some of their key guys.  

That's why Denver's been getting more attention.  Not because of a belief that Denver is better then Seattle necessarily, but because they were more active.  

Denver got to the Super Bowl and broke many offensive regular season records.

From the Super Bowl, they will have added Von Miller, Ryan Clady, DeMarcus Ware Aquib Talib, TJ Ward... all of whom are potential All-Pro players. They're only significant losses are Decker and Moreno, who had able replacements in Sanders and Ball...

Seahawks have lost Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons and Walter Thurmond without any significant upgrades.

Seahawks may still be the team to beat, but the Broncos hype is very much justified.

to me its a narrow minded wirter whos looking to get views on a website that no one has ever heard of its just garbage this writer thinks were a 2nd tier football team imo we have a better roster than we did last year the division belongs to the colts and I see us going 1st or 2nd seed in the conference 12-4 is my prediction

Denver got to the Super Bowl and broke many offensive regular season records.

From the Super Bowl, they will have added Von Miller, Ryan Clady, DeMarcus Ware Aquib Talib, TJ Ward... all of whom are potential All-Pro players. They're only significant losses are Decker and Moreno, who had able replacements in Sanders and Ball...

Seahawks have lost Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons and Walter Thurmond without any significant upgrades.

Seahawks may still be the team to beat, but the Broncos hype is very much justified.

this. The Broncos got embarrassed once. We got embarrased a few times this past season too. They were an elite team last year and added some nice new pieces who actually fit the team. And unlike other big FA spenders, they won't collapse because Peyton is leading the locker room.

I think Peyton is happy to have a GM who doesn't just extend old players to massive contracts.

Pretty sure they said we would suck last year too.

I watched more doodie Colts FB than good last season. W/L does not at all tell the truth in the Colts case.

We just didn`t turn the ball over or get many penalties.

And played a weak bunch of teams that were missing there LT`s and/or playing with at BEST, backup QB`s.

I watched more doodie Colts FB than good last season. W/L does not at all tell the truth in the Colts case.

We just didn`t turn the ball over or get many penalties.

And played a weak bunch of teams that were missing there LT`s and/or playing with at BEST, backup QB`s.

Turning the ball over or the lack there of and penalties and the lack there of are a part of the game.  Avoiding Penalties and turnovers is playing good football.  

I will give you that the schedule was rather weak, especially the AFC South.  But we did beat the Broncos, the Seahawks and the 49er's.  

I can't say we were consistent and losing Reggie really hurt us.  But the Colts played plenty of good football.  And saying that they didn't play good football and just won by not committing penalties or turning the ball over is an oxymoron.  It's like saying "They won a lot despite playing bad football by playing a lot of good football."

Turning the ball over or the lack there of and penalties and the lack there of are a part of the game.  Avoiding Penalties and turnovers is playing good football.  

I will give you that the schedule was rather weak, especially the AFC South.  But we did beat the Broncos, the Seahawks and the 49er's.  

I can't say we were consistent and losing Reggie really hurt us.  But the Colts played plenty of good football.  And saying that they didn't play good football and just won by not committing penalties or turning the ball over is an oxymoron.  It's like saying "They won a lot despite playing bad football by playing a lot of good football."

I agree. Would you rather be a super talented team that loses winnable games because you're not mentally tough and you make too many mistakes? Or would you rather be a lesser talented roster, but have the grit to win tough games at home and on the road because you don't shoot yourself in the foot?

It's no contest for me. You can acquire talent and patch holes on your roster, and you can develop your younger players over time. But if your core group of talent doesn't know how to win tough games, that's a lot harder to fix (ask the Cowboys). 

I'm still concerned about the secondary, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the offensive line, and that was the worst unit on our roster last year. I expect it to be significantly better this season. We have a talented group of skill players on offense, and they're mostly young and getting better. I think our defensive front will be better, though the pass rush has a lot to prove (but again, we have young players with talent that are presumably getting better). 

So maybe we're not the Seahawks, Broncos or Patriots, but we have a pretty good foundation that should continue to improve from year to year. If that makes us "second tier," so be it. We can still play with and even beat any team in the NFL on any given week, at home or on the road.

You are in left field. Of course it is a huge part of the game as i stated, being the biggest reason they were able to win so many games.

But it wasn`t the play making on the field because we sucked at run blocking, pass blocking, wre weak at rushing the QB, stopping the run, and after Toler went down our pass D was so so. If that matters!

But we were 6-0 in OUR really suck division.

And of course those Big Wins were kool.

Gee I wonder how the Denver game would have worked out if Clady was there to shut down Mathis, and Peyton wasn`t emotionally OFF the first 3 series?

Seattle was missing both their starting tackles.

It was great to play SF the week after they were physically beaten by Seattle, lost there NT & All-Pro TE, so LINK actually looked decent that game lmao, and they had basically No passing game.

Fun wins, can`t be taken away, and were definitely still the highlight of the season.

No, you watched a lot more Bad FB than good.

Even when (not if) we win the SuperBowl, they'll still have us as a Tier 2 team.

ehh it all depends on what you focus on.  If you focus heavily on defense and a lot of people have since Seattle's epic defense carried them to the SB then you can't like the Colts much.

And to be perfectly honest I don't think our record would be pretty if we where in the NFC West.  So schedule does play a part in this.  Half the teams in our division picked in the top 5 and the other one picked at I believe #11.  That's 6 of our 11 wins right there.  In fact we are .500 last year when playing outside of the division.  

You are in left field. Of course it is a huge part of the game as i stated, being the biggest reason they were able to win so many games.

But it wasn`t the play making on the field because we sucked at run blocking, pass blocking, wre weak at rushing the QB, stopping the run, and after Toler went down our pass D was so so. If that matters!

But we were 6-0 in OUR really suck division.

And of course those Big Wins were kool.

Gee I wonder how the Denver game would have worked out if Clady was there to shut down Mathis, and Peyton wasn`t emotionally OFF the first 3 series?

Seattle was missing both their starting tackles.

It was great to play SF the week after they were physically beaten by Seattle, lost there NT & All-Pro TE, so LINK actually looked decent that game lmao, and they had basically No passing game.

Fun wins, can`t be taken away, and were definitely still the highlight of the season.

No, you watched a lot more Bad FB than good.

Injuries are also a part of the game.  The most unfortunate part I might add but they are a part of the game.  

We had plenty of injuries ourselves.  

And those injuries didn't stop those teams from being top teams this last season.  

And I don't care who they were missing.  We played good football against those teams on those particular days.  But we were not consistent.  We played horrible against the Cards and the Rams especially.  And our game against the Chargers was pretty meh.

We went 11-5 vs the teams we were scheduled to play not sure what more there is to say. You are what your record says you are our says AFC South Champs lost to in the Divisional Round of the play offs to NE in a game that was closer than the final score indicated.

As far as NE and Denver being tier 1 teams lets see it. The Broncos signed some names on D it was the Offense that could only manage 8 pts in the Super Bowl I think losing Moreno is going to hurt especially in the passing game.

Mathis being gone for 4 games blowing up the season didn't we just survive a season with 18 players on IR? Please Only winning because we don't beat ourselves that's just a ridiculous statement That's how you win protect the ball no penalties

Trent we will see I expect he will be much improved I'm not sure how we had the worse off season in the league. We get all the IR guys back add a couple of pieces on D and Nicks. We don't have a 40 yr old QB we didn't need to take the same chances on big name players as the Donkeys. It's all garbage in my opinion. Lets let the games decided what tier we are in starting week 1

Rumor has it that.........

the Seahawks lost too many players and are due to fall back with a SB hangover.

the Pats are simply slowly fading with Tom and Bill getting tired of the grind......

the Broncos just cant get it done when it counts and will continue to disappoint.

The Niners will never be great with Colin slinging it.......

However....I did just fabricate these rumors myself to get attention and maybe one of these will be obvious next year, .....I smell,

media recognition!!!!!

Hard to argue any of those points. The Colts didn't have a very productive off season, Richardson is at best a huge project, Mathis is suspended and they don't match up talent wise to Denver or NE. They just happen to have one of the best QB's in the league. 

Nicks is boom/bust, he is constantly injured, but when he has been healthy he has been very good.

Whenever I see that the post is a slide show.....I know they are fishing for clicks

That said.........none of those are rumors......other than maybe his conclusion......even then it's just a rumor he's starting

And this

but when matched up with the Broncos or New England Patriots, the Colts simply don't measure up.

Did he forget this? http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/21/4860898/colts-broncos-2013-final-score-results

In summary........I think this is just blah, blah, blather

I think they must have assigned an intern to do this

I don't see how people keep disrespecting us. We will have at the very least a top 5 offense, but probably the best IMO. Our offensive line will be much better so that will go a long way for Richardson. Luck will have 2 full years under his belt, and should be a more polished QB. On the defensive side our front 7 should be much improved with the addition's of Jones and DQ. We will be fine the first 4 games without Mathis. I'm expecting Werner to breakout (6-8 sacks). The only question marks for me is depth at corner, and who will step up at safety. If Toler can stay healthy, and if one of Howell, McDonald, or even Purifoy step into the other safety spot we'll be in really good shape. We'll be right there with Denver and New England in the AFC

Hard to argue any of those points. The Colts didn't have a very productive off season, Richardson is at best a huge project, Mathis is suspended and they don't match up talent wise to Denver or NE. They just happen to have one of the best QB's in the league. 

Nicks is boom/bust, he is constantly injured, but when he has been healthy he has been very good.

What is and isn't a successful offseason isn't determined in May.

I don't even think the Colts will win the AFC South.  It will be either the Broncos, Patriots, or Jaguars (since they've done so much in the offseason).  It could be the Seahawks or the Niners.  They may win the AFC South.  (Please note sarcasm).

Like you, I don't pay much attention this type of thing either.  

I don't see how people keep disrespecting us. We will have at the very least a top 5 offense, but probably the best IMO. Our offensive line will be much better so that will go a long way for Richardson. Luck will have 2 full years under his belt, and should be a more polished QB. On the defensive side our front 7 should be much improved with the addition's of Jones and DQ. We will be fine the first 4 games without Mathis. I'm expecting Werner to breakout (6-8 sacks). The only question marks for me is depth at corner, and who will step up at safety. If Toler can stay healthy, and if one of Howell, McDonald, or even Purifoy step into the other safety spot we'll be in really good shape. We'll be right there with Denver and New England in the AFC

Unfortunately, even if we end up finishing in the top 3 offense or defense and win our division and/or the SB, these garbage writers will still consider us a tier 2 team no matter how good we are. They just don't like us for some reason.

Unfortunately, even if we end up finishing in the top 3 offense or defense and win our division and/or the SB, these garbage writers will still consider us a tier 2 team no matter how good we are. They just don't like us for some reason.

Yep, They want certain teams like Washington, both New York teams, and New England to be good every year. Its the same in MLB. I'm a hard core Braves fan and all ESPN, MLBN, and the writers want to talk about is Washington. They hype The Yankees, Dodgers and Nationals every year, even though we won that division by 10 games last year, and are in 1st again this year!!! They think its better for the sport for certain teams to be good, LOL. I've actually heard a MLB broadcaster say on TV that "It's better for baseball if the Mets have a good team" I hate New York.

:rantoff:

The critics will never be COLTSTRONG until we win a Super Bowl or do something like trash the Seahawks and Broncos even though we beat both last season.

and even if we do win a super bowl or trash the hawks like you said....everyone wouldn't do nothing but make up excuses for why we won like they always do

If Manning was on the Raiders, the Raiders would be the favorites to win the super bowl in sports writers minds. but denver did upgrade their defense though. but still do not think they will win a super bowl with Manning.