Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is the best QB in the NFL?

bap1331

:facepalm: Um, hello...they've been working on building it since Pagano and Grigson got here, and in their first seasons they had next to zero cap space to make any significant moves so really they've been at it for one year so far.  The Seahawks did not build that defense in one offseason. 

I disagree with both.

And I would go so far as to say anyone who thinks Luck is already a top 5 QB needs to trade in their homer glasses.  He is certainly one of the best YOUNG QB's but he still has some things to learn and areas of his game to improve on.  I would be hesitant to put him in the top 10 at this point, let alone the top 5.  I do believe he will be there in the next couple of years though but at this point in time, no I would not put him in the top 5.  

Now if you want to slightly alter the discussion and talk about the best QB's to start building a franchise around then yes, Luck absolutely is top 5 in that discussion.

Well I'm not even from Indiana. It's just painstakingly obvious he's better than you're giving him credit for. His numbers this year match up closest out of any other QB in the league with Tom Brady's. It's not like he has more talent around him than Tom does. He's of that caliber. If you put Luck on the Bengals, Eagles, Seahawks, or Broncos his numbers would have been fantastic. 

3:50 'nuff said

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9785758

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle has the best defense ever in the history of the NFL. Don't care what anyone says, that's my story & I'm sticking with it.

Completely shutdown Peyton Manning.

Also, I believe Peyton should retire this off-season. That was flat out embarrassing. Break all those records & win multiple awards just to get smacked on worldwide television

They aren't top five defense all time. And Manning isn't going to retire, he will play next year

Well I'm not even from Indiana. It's just painstakingly obvious he's better than you're giving him credit for. His numbers this year match up closest out of any other QB in the league with Tom Brady's. It's not like he has more talent around him than Tom does. He's of that caliber. If you put Luck on the Bengals, Eagles, Seahawks, or Broncos his numbers would have been fantastic. 

3:50 'nuff said

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9785758

Agree to disagree.  I think he's on his way but he's not top 5 yet.  

He played poorly, no question. As did the rest of the team. They will be in the mix again next year

Hard not to be in the mix when the AFC is as bad as it currently is, the NFCCG was probably the Super Bowl in all honesty. The Broncos are going to be contenders until Peyton gets destroyed by injuries like Favre in his last year or retires. I don't see any other outcome.

Colts could learn a lesson on how to build a defense.  Defense win games, "Hello Pagano and company!!!@"

You cannot build a great defense when you start a rebuild with your franchise QB. You build the defense and the O-line and then you get your franchise QB just like Seattle and San Francisco did. Very quickly, Luck will start being paid elite QB money and then you won't be able to build a great defense.

This is what I fear I will have to look at until Luck wins a SB. In my mind AL>RW isn't even up for debate. Number 1 defense, beast mode, an averaging under 200 ypg in the playoffs is not carrying a team at the QB position. He did what he had to do, and was efficient at it. That's still not enough for me to even begin to consider he's above Andrew Luck. Every B/R, ESPN, and NFL.com page I visit now will be overrun with these Seahawks fans, and it breaks my heart.

I agree with you, but weather we like it or not, that's the way people judge quarterbacks.

Yea, i would have to say luck is. He's done more with so much less. I'm telling you give Luck a defense that doesn't have to score 4 or 5 TDs to win in every game and an good Oline and he will win. We were the only team in the NFL that scored over 20 pts vs seattle and we scored 34. As much as i love peyton, I'm done win him because of too many disappointments. Its the era of Luck.

I hate to say I agree. Peyton is a great regular season QB. His stats prove that and he will always be in my heart as a fan. But his stats in the playoffs show that he doesn't step up, when it is critical for you to. Peyton is 1-2 in SBs. In order for me to believe he is goat he needs at least 1 more SB. But 2 would solidify it, and no one could deny his greatness.

Andrew Luck is the best young QB IMO by far. Cam and Wilson are both a tad overrated. Plus both have top 5 defenses in this league. Plus both Cam and Wilson's teams weren't plagued with Injuries this year. AND every time I watch them play they have time in the pocket and their RB's have running lanes up the middle.  Luck is really something special, thankful he is on our team. GO COLTS

Andrew Luck is the best young QB IMO by far. Cam and Wilson are both a tad overrated.

Listen, I understand the desire to support your guy but at this point in their careers Wilson is ranked higher than Luck in virtually every stat used to measure QB productivity, and the difference is even more pronounced when looking at their playoff stats. A QB that has thrown eight picks in three playoff games simply can't be considered in the same discussion with a QB who has thrown only one in five games and just played a super efficient game on the world's biggest stage to earn his first ring. Regardless of who he's playing for, Russell Wilson has simply produced more than Luck has at this stage and it's not that close.

Russel and cam are better than luck

That's so wrong that it automatically causes you to be wrong on whatever you say for the next month. Even if you might be right on something else, the above statement, makes you wrong anyway. That's how credibility works and you just lost a bunch of it with one terribly wrong statement. If there was a scale of wrongness, you would have just broken the scale.

That's so wrong that it automatically causes you to be wrong on whatever you say for the next month. Even if you might be right on something else, the above statement, makes you wrong anyway. That's how credibility works and you just lost a bunch of it with one terribly wrong statement. If there was a scale of wrongness, you would have just broken the scale.

The apple is at the edge....we can make it a tomato if you wish.....

ruler_school_rules.jpg

Andrew Luck isn't what I would consider the best QB in the game right now. I think that is Aaron Rodgers. However, I do think Andrew Luck is the best young QB and would be the guy that every single GM in the NFL would take over anyone else if they were restarting their rosters from scratch and were building for the future.

I really like Wilson, but people who are claiming he is better than Luck need a reality check. The guy is able to win some games by completing eight passes due to the strength of the running game and defense. When he does pass, he has 4-5 seconds at times to get rid of the ball. I think if he is going to lose the game manager label he needs to be responsible for a greater percentage of the team's success. He looked good in the SB and made some nice throws, but like others have said, when you can make the easy, safe play, and be reasonably sure you will still win, you aren't going to take chances. Luck on the other hand, has had to have a gunslinger mentality due to a poor defense and o-line, and has done a great job his first two seasons under those circumstances.

Listen, I understand the desire to support your guy but at this point in their careers Wilson is ranked higher than Luck in virtually every stat used to measure QB productivity, and the difference is even more pronounced when looking at their playoff stats. A QB that has thrown eight picks in three playoff games simply can't be considered in the same discussion with a QB who has thrown only one in five games and just played a super efficient game on the world's biggest stage to earn his first ring. Regardless of who he's playing for, Russell Wilson has simply produced more than Luck has at this stage and it's not that close.

Not everything is about raw stats and plain numbers.  It's not so much who Wilson is playing for, it's the rest of the guys he's playing with.  

Im entitled to my opinion right? And its not by much of a margin

Not everything is about raw stats and plain numbers.  It's not so much who Wilson is playing for, it's the rest of the guys he's playing with.  

Wilson offense looks pedestrian to me at best. Lynch didn't even show up for the SB. His D is fantastic but he is doing more than his share to make that O go IMO. 

This is what I fear I will have to look at until Luck wins a SB. In my mind AL>RW isn't even up for debate. Number 1 defense, beast mode, an averaging under 200 ypg in the playoffs is not carrying a team at the QB position. He did what he had to do, and was efficient at it. That's still not enough for me to even begin to consider he's above Andrew Luck. Every B/R, ESPN, and NFL.com page I visit now will be overrun with these Seahawks fans, and it breaks my heart.

Yards per game is a fantasy football stat that says little about how efficient a quarterback has been in producing those yards. Manning threw for 74 more yards than Wilson in the Super Bowl but required 24 more attempts to do it and turned the ball over three more times. No one in their right mind would claim that Manning had a better game than Wilson because he passed for more yards.

Can Luck supporters produce a single stat measuring QB efficiency that is superior to any of Wilson's career or playoff numbers?

Yards per game is a fantasy football stat that says little about how efficient a quarterback has been in producing those yards. Manning threw for 74 more yards than Wilson in the Super Bowl but required 24 more attempts to do it and turned the ball over three more times. No one in their right mind would claim that Manning had a better game than Wilson because he passed for more yards.

Can Luck supporters produce a single stat measuring QB efficiency that is superior to any of Wilson's career or playoff numbers?

Luck is a superior QB than Wilson. Full stop. The fact that you are throwing stats around like confetti only proves you are hidding from the truth.

It's understandable, but let it go. You have a great team. Be happy.

I hate to say I agree. Peyton is a great regular season QB. His stats prove that and he will always be in my heart as a fan. But his stats in the playoffs show that he doesn't step up, when it is critical for you to. Peyton is 1-2 in SBs. In order for me to believe he is goat he needs at least 1 more SB. But 2 would solidify it, and no one could deny his greatness.

Yes, they would deny it. Check Peyton's stats and compare them to his regular season and to Brady in the playoffs. The losing in playoffs is not on Peyton's backs. He carried a lot of Colts teams into the playoffs who had no right to be there and that showed in the results.

But team on his back and zero defense!

And and and those playoff interceptions were on the receiver running bad routes and dropping em!

lol, Wilson was the definition of pedestrian in the playoffs, and he rarely had to play from behind.

Virtually every stat? That is not even close to being true.