Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hes bad. not saying hell be bad forever. what sucks is i see trent being a reggie bush, finally developing when hes not in our hands anymore. vision is tough to pic up on, but im giving him the benefit of the doubt for this yr just because he was rushed and the crazy amount of pressure hes had. people forget alot of football is a mental game, and if ur not right in that part, it could totally mess you up... peopel at work knock me about jim/grigs/colts being *s with the trade but tbh im not gonna judge it until next season, and he better come out week 1 impressive because thats plenty of time to get really really comfortable.

No improvement until next year drastically reduces his value. Even if he is "good", unless he is elite next year we got fleeced.

when will you  people admit it was a horrible trade, horrible you never trade a first rounder for a running back.  Why in the world would you trade a 1st for a running back when you have a terrible offensive line? You can go pull a running back off of any teams practice squad that will average more per carry than trent. He has no acceleration at all and runs pretty slow has terrible vision for holes; i mean seriously i watch games where trent gets the ball and just runs straight no matter if there is a hole or not when if he would just pause for a split second a hole would develop instead of trying to knock back 2 or 3 300 lb defenders. He is only good as a 3rd and short power back catching out the backfield and blocking that is not worth a 1st rounder in a stacked draft!!!!!!!!

The same as with Andrew luck. Need to give Trich oppurtunitys to succeed. The right situations. recognize that the Oline is falling short and run plays that give him success. last thing we need is for the former Tide standout to start doubting his own skill. He will pay off. Just hope the coaching staff and doubters give it time to bloom.

The same as with Andrew luck. Need to give Trich oppurtunitys to succeed. The right situations. recognize that the Oline is falling short and run plays that give him success. last thing we need is for the former Tide standout to start doubting his own skill. He will pay off. Just hope the coaching staff and doubters give it time to bloom.

One Screenshot That Explains Why The Colts Benched Trent Richardson 10 Weeks After Trading For Him

Jed Jacobson/Getty Images

The Indianapolis Colts benched running back Trent Richardson last week, a little over two months after trading a first-round pick for him in a blockbuster deal.

Richardson had been woefully unproductive.

Specifically, he wasn't breaking any big runs. He's averaging 2.8 yards per carry (which ranks him 78th out of 82 running backs). He only has six runs of 10 yards or more with the Colts, and one run of 15 yards or more.

He's getting stuffed on most of his runs, and it's not his offensive line's fault (back-up running back Donald Brown is averaging 5.3 yards per carry behind the same line).

This screenshot from CBS's Pete Prisco sums up what's ailing Richardson right now. He's simply not seeing the holes right now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-screenshot-explains-why-colts-153623663.html

got to say. I saw it a lot while playing with the browns.

One Screenshot That Explains Why The Colts Benched Trent Richardson 10 Weeks After Trading For Him

Jed Jacobson/Getty Images

The Indianapolis Colts benched running back Trent Richardson last week, a little over two months after trading a first-round pick for him in a blockbuster deal.

Richardson had been woefully unproductive.

Specifically, he wasn't breaking any big runs. He's averaging 2.8 yards per carry (which ranks him 78th out of 82 running backs). He only has six runs of 10 yards or more with the Colts, and one run of 15 yards or more.

He's getting stuffed on most of his runs, and it's not his offensive line's fault (back-up running back Donald Brown is averaging 5.3 yards per carry behind the same line).

This screenshot from CBS's Pete Prisco sums up what's ailing Richardson right now. He's simply not seeing the holes right now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-screenshot-explains-why-colts-153623663.html

got to say. I saw it a lot while playing with the browns.

One_Screenshot_That_Explains_Why-a59ed7a

Reggie.....

Now demoted to the Colts' second-string tailback, Trent Richardson admits he never got comfortable in Indy's running scheme and never fully grasped the offense.

T-Rich's tackle-breaking ability and open-field burst are still there, but he has been running without confidence and seemingly without instincts ever since arriving in Indianapolis. "He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything," Reggie Wayne explained. "This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, 'Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done.' He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." Wayne's advice to Richardson was "Do better. Practice harder. Study longer."

Reggie.....

Now demoted to the Colts' second-string tailback, Trent Richardson admits he never got comfortable in Indy's running scheme and never fully grasped the offense.

T-Rich's tackle-breaking ability and open-field burst are still there, but he has been running without confidence and seemingly without instincts ever since arriving in Indianapolis. "He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything," Reggie Wayne explained. "This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, 'Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done.' He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." Wayne's advice to Richardson was "Do better. Practice harder. Study longer."

Maybe it will light a fire under him.  Judging from a couple of the comments from Browns players he may have needed to be knocked down peg or two.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10084115/trent-richardson-indianapolis-colts-humbled-demotion

As this season moves along the Browns org are looking more like geniuses for getting a #1 back for this guy.

Impossible to know at this point. Nobody knows what the rest of trents career holds. Also, the pick the colts traded to the browns hasnt been made yet.

Next year, we will be able to say if Trent stays a bust, and the Browns got the better end of the deal.Like jvan said..who knows who the Browns will draft, or, if they rade it, what picks they get.

I have a feeling that next year Richardson will be a productive force for our team. Not saying he's gonna be a superstar, but i don't doubt he'll get 1000 yards for us next year.and possibly 2-300 receiving yards..

Anyone in Indy in the market for this beautiful 1958 Edsel driven by a little old lady once a week to church and back? It can be yours for the mere sum of a first round draft pick.

Yours truly,

Anyone smarter than the Colts Head Office or the entire population of the United States

If their plan was to have to package picks to move up in the draft, then yeah. Stroke of genius.

They'd still have to score on that pick they move up for.

However, until Trent performs, that wouldn't be the point.

All that will be talked about will be who was available when our pick came up. Hind sight be darned.

In deciding who gets the better end of the deal, it doesn't matter who the Browns select. What would matter is who would be available when we would have selected, because In essence we chose Richardson over the best available player at that spot. So potentially, we chose Richardson over a stud O-lineman, receiver, CB, or OLB. We'll see. But worrying about what the Browns do with out pick is a moot point.

Just a little perspective on the issue

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000293080/article/trent-richardson-its-only-fair-brown-is-colts-starter

A Colts front office seeking a silver lining can hope Richardson follows the career path of Marshawn Lynch, who topped 50 rushing yards just twice in his first nine games with the Seahawks after a similar early-season trade in 2010.

It wasn't until Lynch's 19th game in Seattle that he cleared the 100-yard mark. He went on to produce a dozen 100-yard performances in his next 19 games.

It's fine to have hope for a better season for Richardson next year. My contention with that is that we will have Ballard back then, and if we want, Bradshaw and hopefully Brown. We won't need Richardson to step up then, like we do now. Overall, it hasn't worked out and I think we have to agree with that. But as we've mentioned, there is still hope that it can despite the unfortunate timing.

It's fine to have hope for a better season for Richardson next year. My contention with that is that we will have Ballard back then, and if we want, Bradshaw and hopefully Brown. We won't need Richardson to step up then, like we do now. Overall, it hasn't worked out and I think we have to agree with that. But as we've mentioned, there is still hope that it can despite the unfortunate timing.

I wouldn't mind keeping Brown over Bradshaw.  Brown is less of a power runner, so he will be a change of pace guy.  Ballard is a hard-nosed runner, just like T-Rich, so their styles are the same, but he is cheap and will know the system.  I don't see Bradshaw back in Indy next year despite his solid play when he was healthy

They should humble themselves and admit it was a horrible trade. I would respect the Colts Suites more if they would cut Trent sooner than later and not feel like they have to hold on to him because they gave up a first round pick. Like I've said before, Colts have had plenty of good Running Backs on the roster the last few years.

I was not a fan of this trade when first announced and certainly not a fan at this time after his lack of performance.   Still think though that it may be too soon to pull the trigger and just cut him loose.  I believe he has another year on contract,  so let's ride out the year and go through off season drills and next years camp.  I am glad that they finally owned up to his lackluster performance and took him off the starting spot on the rotation.   This position is a need and our luck( no pun or reference intended) has been terrible. 

Ballard- hurt and out

Bradshaw-  hurt and out , no idea of his potential and ability now,  will we bring him back

TRich-  lackluster performance

Boom Herron-  one week or maybe two and out injured.

WE NEED A GOOD OFFENSIVE LINE TO GIVE US A CHANCE AND KEEP LUCK UPRIGHT AND HOLES FOR RB'S.   They won't get rid of Mcglynn,  don't see them cutting Trich.

Wow....cut a guy when in a partial season when he spent all offseason learning a different system and blocking scheme. Yeah, he hasn't had a great season. At least give him the appropriate time to get on track.

I have change jobs and moved to another state in the middle of the year. The mental aspects of it are extremely difficult. You are in such a whirlwind it is unbelievable. You really need a reset point (which is Xmas time for me). Once I had the calm period, everything fell back into place and became much easier. 

For crying out loud, give the guy an offseason and pass judgement mid-way through next season.

Too early.  Offensive line adjustments, time to study the playbook, and training camp will all help with the Richardson scenario.  Brown has had several years. 

Of course, I just repeated everything most of the previous posters stated. 

Another problem is the offense.  Trent takes several steps backward (according to the play) and I can even tell.  "Handoff up the middle."

They switch out Brown and Richardson-they're going for longer yardage. 

Put the two on the field at the same time as it makes the offense less predictable.  Brown has good hands and can be a receiver. 

They should humble themselves and admit it was a horrible trade. I would respect the Colts Suites more if they would cut Trent sooner than later and not feel like they have to hold on to him because they gave up a first round pick. Like I've said before, Colts have had plenty of good Running Backs on the roster the last few years.

Yeah I felt the same way about Donald Brown after several years with the Colts , at times he looks pretty good I guess but nothing special .

Starting on a new team in the regular season without the off season work outs or preseason IMO earns hims a lil breathing room lets see what he accomplishes in a full season as a Colt  in 2014  ,

with out the Rush to Judgement  so much hate so lil time . :blueshoe:    IMO we still need to fix the O-line to protect 12 & the RB's regardless .