Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

You haven't seen the last of Richardson. 8 men in box when T Rich is in. Never when Brown is in. T Rich has a high 2.9 YPC avg for the blocking he gets from our horrible o-line play. If our o-line opened holes for T Rich like they did Brown this wouldn't be a topic.

Anyone who thinks Brown is a better back or athlete is out of their minds. No disrespect to Brown I like the guy. He works hard but T Rich is on another level. I think he'll perform a lot better when Ballard is back next year.

Are you insinuating that our line is intentionally blocking better for one back on our roster than they are another?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to go with the guy thats trusting his blocks better and more patient for the hole to open at this point  , I still expect Richardson to get carries but he needs to learn to read where the open hole is better and be more patient for a hole to open, He jump cuts out of some open holes...Ladanian Tomlinson pointed it out...Wish I could find where he pointed it out

well...

As far as Benching TRich.. All IMHO hes got to do is to learn to get Skinny in the hole.

Its a fact that many RBs never learn,and the term is an old timers term for getting through

a hole that's not very big

This is a problem of vision. In Alabama, he put his head down and it was ten yards and a cloud of dust. But in the NFL, he needs to learn to hit the crease with his head up and eyes scanning more downfield.

If getting benched is not enough motivation call the deal a bust. Ain't the first and won't be the last. Move on and win.

The problem with that of course...is that Brown couldn't run well and had little impact behind the very inconsistent zone blocking we had even with Peyton, Reggie and Co. when they were healthy.

In other words, there are way too many factors involved in all this to be laying it all on Richardson and flushing the rest of his career. And thank goodness Donald is doing better.

But at your age, and having been an NFL / Colts fan as long as you have.....you should know better than to fall into the "microwave me a Super Bowl contender" mentality that is currently gripping many here on the Forum and exacerbated by Jimmy Irsay's tweets.

We are 18 months into this new Colts era....it just doesn't happen that fast.

You haven't seen the last of Richardson. 8 men in box when T Rich is in. Never when Brown is in. T Rich has a high 2.9 YPC avg for the blocking he gets from our horrible o-line play. If our o-line opened holes for T Rich like they did Brown this wouldn't be a topic. 

Anyone who thinks Brown is a better back or athlete is out of their minds. No disrespect to Brown I like the guy. He works hard but T Rich is on another level. I think he'll perform a lot better when Ballard is back next year.

Where do people come up with this stuff? Oh yeah, this forum......

I can't find this anywhere else. You heard it on the NFL network? Are you sure that they said Brown and Link are for sure starting? Or did they maybe just say that the Colts should try it? Not saying they haven't said it but I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere.

Brown and Link both are starting per NFL Network.  I was just watching it on tv. 

Get that puppy warmed up early lol.

I think if he can stay healthy and doesn't go back to his "darting" type tunnel vision mentality we will all be pretty happy with the results, Im hoping anyway but like I said I expect Richardson to get at least the number of carries Brown has been averaging...5.7...rounded up 6....Probably 8-10 depending on game circumstances. Whatever happens I hope it works out in our favor

Hate to say I told you so.... But ya I told many here so on Richardson. They're quiet now

You have added nothing of real value to any argument. Odds are with Brown as a starter Richardson will now have a big game. Donald Brown has always put up big numbers on the Titans... so it is a smart move to star him over Richardson. This could be the move that lights a fire under him, and make him pick up his game. Everyone needs to not just Trent Richardson. McGlynn should never start again.

Lol brown not doing too hot starting... Maybe just maybe it was the line

He had the drive of the game. I think it's clear what the problem with Trent is now -- Trent

Yes, the o-line is terrible but Trent is useless right now as a runner. That's completely on him

Brown didn't set the world on fire today TRich had less carries and almost the same yard today if not for browns TD drive he would look that good at all

How many opportunities has Richardson had to do the same? He's been starting up to this point and hasn't had a game as good yet. At a certain point, you have to call a spade a spade. No more excuses

How many opportunities has Richardson had to do the same? He's been starting up to this point and hasn't had a game as good yet. At a certain point, you have to call a spade a spade. No more excuses

The LINE is HORRIBLE it has been all damn year if brown came out and just went off then yeah I'd say he was on but he didn't do much better then TRich

The LINE is HORRIBLE it has been all damn year if brown came out and just went off then yeah I'd say he was on but he didn't do much better then TRich

Good lord, EVERYBODY who has run the ball for the Colts has looked better than Richardson. I know it's hard to swallow, but at this point it's obvious.