Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

Is it possible Trent just doesn't like playing for Indy? He clearly was upset by the trade. He had no choice but to come here. Once his contract expires, it's possible he wants out, no matter what the money is like. He might be hoping if he plays bad, that it will mean a release/trade.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible Trent just doesn't like playing for Indy? He clearly was upset by the trade. He had no choice but to come here. Once his contract expires, it's possible he wants out, no matter what the money is like. He might be hoping if he plays bad, that it will mean a release/trade.

Why would he be upset with the trade? He got out of Cleveland.  

Just make sure you apply the same standard to the blind faith fans who defend FO decisions that turn out to be bad as well.

I gotta ask, what the heck is FO?  I see it all the time, and the only thing that makes sense is "football operations" but I dunno.

And to your comment, that's fair.  At least with regard to the Trent trade.  But I didn't take as much heat from the "blind faith" fans by requesting that people give it time before judging this trade.  When someone like myself says, "it takes time" all I hear is how he's a bust now.  I never see one comment about how he will be dominant if we give him time.  So it'll be a little hard to disagree with a bunch of "blind faith" fans who never agreed or disagreed with me from the beginning.

I gotta ask, what the heck is FO? I see it all the time, and the only thing that makes sense is "football operations" but I dunno.

And to your comment, that's fair. At least with regard to the Trent trade. But I didn't take as much heat from the "blind faith" fans by requesting that people give it time before judging this trade. When someone like myself says, "it takes time" all I hear is how he's a bust now. I never see one comment about how he will be dominant if we give him time. So it'll be a little hard to disagree with a bunch of "blind faith" fans who never agreed or disagreed with me from the beginning.

FO = Front Office.

highly unlikely

I gotta ask, what the heck is FO?  I see it all the time, and the only thing that makes sense is "football operations" but I dunno.

And to your comment, that's fair.  At least with regard to the Trent trade.  But I didn't take as much heat from the "blind faith" fans by requesting that people give it time before judging this trade.  When someone like myself says, "it takes time" all I hear is how he's a bust now.  I never see one comment about how he will be dominant if we give him time.  So it'll be a little hard to disagree with a bunch of "blind faith" fans who never agreed or disagreed with me from the beginning.

FO = front office ... there are plenty of fans that support everything Grigson and management do ... For instance there are plenty of people who were behind the AQ Shipley trade 100%, and anyone who questioned that move were stupid because obviously "coaches and management see them in practice and know more than fans"  I think is an example of a move that was bad, many called it from the beginning and you could probably still find some fans that would not admit this could have possibly been a mistake.

Cleveland Browns ex-LB Scott Fujita says Trent Richardson was late for treatments, failed to engage with teammates and came off as high maintenance

Fujita said the trade of Richardson to the Colts for a 2014 first-round pick was a win-win for both clubs.

"It seems strange to say a fresh start is needed for someone who’s beginning his career, but that might be the case here,'' said Fujita of Richardson. "Guys get drafted all the time to places they just don’t want to be. I can’t speculate about what’s in any one person’s head, but when a player enters the league wearing headphones incessantly, shows up late for treatments, and makes little effort to engage with his teammates, he can quickly develop a reputation for being insular and high-maintenance.''

Fujita, a Browns captain who keeps in touch with some of his former teammates here, went on to write, "It can be perceived that he isn’t happy and that he’s not making an effort to buy in. I’ve seen this happen countless times, especially in today’s head down, keep-things-to-yourself culture.

"Generally, you hope the player grows out of that coming into his second season, especially when there’s been a complete regime change and everyone is expected to prove themselves all over again. Some players buy in, and some don’t. Buy-in, even if it’s just perceived, goes a long way. You have to be willing to show you want to be part of the team.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_ex-lb_scott_f.html

I don't think he was happy in Cleveland.

Yea, he wasn't

Cleveland Browns ex-LB Scott Fujita says Trent Richardson was late for treatments, failed to engage with teammates and came off as high maintenance

Fujita said the trade of Richardson to the Colts for a 2014 first-round pick was a win-win for both clubs.

"It seems strange to say a fresh start is needed for someone who’s beginning his career, but that might be the case here,'' said Fujita of Richardson. "Guys get drafted all the time to places they just don’t want to be. I can’t speculate about what’s in any one person’s head, but when a player enters the league wearing headphones incessantly, shows up late for treatments, and makes little effort to engage with his teammates, he can quickly develop a reputation for being insular and high-maintenance.''

Fujita, a Browns captain who keeps in touch with some of his former teammates here, went on to write, "It can be perceived that he isn’t happy and that he’s not making an effort to buy in. I’ve seen this happen countless times, especially in today’s head down, keep-things-to-yourself culture.

"Generally, you hope the player grows out of that coming into his second season, especially when there’s been a complete regime change and everyone is expected to prove themselves all over again. Some players buy in, and some don’t. Buy-in, even if it’s just perceived, goes a long way. You have to be willing to show you want to be part of the team.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_ex-lb_scott_f.html

I don't think he was happy in Cleveland.

Yea, but what if he isn't happy with the Colts either? What if he's pulling an Albert Haynesworth on us? He's got his money. He can retire if he wants and live off what he already has.

Yea, he wasn't

Yea, but what if he isn't happy with the Colts either? What if he's pulling an Albert Haynesworth on us? He's got his money. He can retire if he wants and live off what he already has.

well I guess he might want to move on from football and do more fun things now that he got paid.

e1736f4b-f46c-4be7-a8e4-442fb0b7a031_zps

sorry. I just couldn't help it. :D

................. I don't think he was happy in Cleveland.

As much as I dislike the trade, I can't say I can blame him for that ... Cleveland would be one of the last places in the US I would choose to live personally ... and is probably in the bottom couple of NFL cities I would want to live in & play for if I was an NFL player.

As much as I dislike the trade, I can't say I can blame him for that ... Cleveland would be one of the last places in the US I would choose to live personally ... and is probably in the bottom couple of NFL cities I would want to live in & play for if I was an NFL player.

Lebron James disagrees. Oh, no wait. He agrees.

Could it be that Trent has the potential to be a top-5 back, but hasn't had time to be fully acclimated with the play book... Along with the fact that we have the worst run blocking offensive line in the NFL

The line seems to block well for everyone but Richardson. I don't think it has much to do with the playbook....it's not like he is a QB. Plus, Richardson was talking a good game after a couple games, he just hasn't backed it up.

Having said that, it doesn't mean he can't improve going forward.

Could it be that Trent has the potential to be a top-5 back, but hasn't had time to be fully acclimated with the play book...

Could be.  But the window on that possibility is closing, wouldn't you say?  In this league, players don't get an unlimited amount of time to prove their mettle.  They either produce or they bounce around with lower and lower stock until nobody else is willing to take the bet.

Along with the fact that we have the worst run blocking offensive line in the NFL

Yet Brown is churning out just shy of 6 YPC.  Bradshaw was getting 4.5 YPC before he got hurt.

In fact, Brown has more rushing yards than Richardson this season, despite getting almost half as many carries.  I think people have a right to be wondering if we just traded away a 1st rounder on the second coming of Ki-Jana Carter.

Yeah, because Indianapolis is every pro-player's DREAM city to play in.....lol.

Yeah, because Indianapolis is every pro-player's DREAM city to play in.....lol.

It may not be their "dream city" but taking everything into account including city and franchise I would say we are in the top 10.  Cleveland(dump city and irrelevant franchise) and Buffalo(boring city and has been bad team for a while) can fight it out for the worst city.  The majority of players are probably crossing their fingers that anyone drafts them other than Cleveland. Jacksonville avoids the bottom spot because even though the team is miserable they have nice weather.

I think in most any poll that asked where you would least like to live....pro athletes and regular people alike would rank Cleveland near the bottom of their list.

It may not be their "dream city" but taking everything into account including city and franchise I would say we are in the top 10.  Cleveland(dump city and irrelevant franchise) and Buffalo(boring city and has been bad team for a while) can fight it out for the worst city.  The majority of players are probably crossing their fingers that anyone drafts them other than Cleveland. Jacksonville avoids the bottom spot because even though the team is miserable they have nice weather.

I think in most any poll that asked where you would least like to live....pro athletes and regular people alike would rank Cleveland near the bottom of their list

I wouldn't argue that.  I love my city but I'm not ignorant about it's faults.  But to have to nerve to act like Indianapolis doesn't fall anywhere near that is ridiculous.  I'm HARDLY thinking that pro athletes can't wait to play in Indianapolis.  Come on now..... 

I wouldn't argue that.  I love my city but I'm not ignorant about it's faults.  But to have to nerve to act like Indianapolis doesn't fall anywhere near that is ridiculous.  I'm HARDLY thinking that pro athletes can't wait to play in Indianapolis.  Come on now.....

He didn't say players couldn't wait to play in Indy, but I doubt they cringe at the thought. It might not be fair, but Cleveland has a poor reputation. Never visited the city, so I can't say if it's deserved.

He didn't say players couldn't wait to play in Indy, but I doubt they cringe at the thought. It might not be fair, but Cleveland has a poor reputation. Never visited the city, so I can't say if it's deserved.

He ripped my city, then said Indy was "top 10", which is ridiculous.  I don't want to get into a "who's city is better" argument because it's stupid.  I know Cleveland isn't considered paradise, but we've had a lot of very good sports teams here.......1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2007 Cleveland Indians first place finishes, two WS appearances.....funny I don't remember any of those Indians players during that time trying hard to get out of Cleveland.  Notice, I haven't said anything bad about Indianapolis.     

He ripped my city, then said Indy was "top 10", which is ridiculous.  I don't want to get into a "who's city is better" argument because it's stupid.  I know Cleveland isn't considered paradise, but we've had a lot of very good sports teams here.......1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2007 Cleveland Indians first place finishes, two WS appearances.....funny I don't remember any of those Indians players during that time trying hard to get out of Cleveland.  Notice, I haven't said anything bad about Indianapolis.

[/

He said top 10 when you take the franchise into consideration. Im sure Indy is not a top 10 city on its own. Honestly, I doubt players care much were they play....I don't see players clamoring to leave tiny, frigid Green Bay.

And I wasn't putting down Cleveland at all, if I was a player it wouldn't bother me a bit to live there.

He said top 10 when you take the franchise into consideration. Im sure Indy is not a top 10 city on its own. Honestly, I doubt players care much were they play....I don't see players clamoring to leave tiny, frigid Green Bay.

And I wasn't putting down Cleveland at all, if I was a player it wouldn't bother me a bit to live there.

I agree.  Detroit has had some great players also.

if i was a player, i would lean towards florida and texas where there is no state income tax. i am sure most players don't live in the cities they play. they will live in a nice neighborhood away from the city. 

are people that desperate to come up with a argument to support their side that they are knocking teams cities. grow up.

if i was a player, i would lean towards florida and texas where there is no state income tax. i am sure most players don't live in the cities they play. they will live in a nice neighborhood away from the city. 

are people that desperate to come up with a argument to support their side that they are knocking teams cities. grow up.

Amen to that, brotha.

Guys, what are we arguing about anymore? Trent's a bust. It's been decided by the Colts fanbase. Let it go...He sucks. Colts fanbase knows it, which is why the coaching staff knows it...what's there to argue anymore? you're all stupid if you think Trent isn't a bust. Just stop it.

Colts fanbase and Browns fanbase. That's what we in the industry call a consensus.

I hope Kenton Keith is still available, we're gonna need him.

No matter what anyone says, I think Trent is making an impact.  Other teams have to plan for him because of how he runs in the middle.  Brown is a different style runner, bouncing outside all the time and I think having these two causes defenses problems with the two styles.   I like Trent's style of line banging.  He's wearing the defensive line down by doing that.  He's also a good blocking back.  Maybe he hasn't gotten a lot of yards but in the long run he's what we needed.