Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

I just wonder how many of those displeased members will be raving about how good our offense looks next year when(if) everyone comes back healthy.

Luck

Richardson

Ballard(assuming that Brown leaves via FA)

Havili

Wayne

Hilton

Allen

Fleener

Other than that... I would like to see an upgrade at RG and maybe toss in some depth for that Oline. Oh, and I wouldn't mind someone other than Satele at C.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

next yr his number are gonna be down even more cause , we will have to many weapons to give him 20 touches when he is probly the worst of the 5 skill postions on the field 

He's not getting 20 right now anyway. He'll be somewhere around ~12 next season (what is near his current average) when he's splitting carries with Ballard.

I think he comes back a different player next year. I believe he will change his body to an extent. I think he is carrying slight too much bulk at the moment. I think he will slim down a little. Plus, I believe the offseason and a full training camp will do him wonders. IMO, this is not the best system for him. I really don't like how tight we pack it in. 

I will pass judgement at the halfway point next season.

the coaches need to be fair open competition next yr

It's going to be a RBBC (running back by committee) there's not going to be a designated starter. Brown has had just as many carries as TRich has over the past few weeks, what would make you think they would favor TRich? 

When TRich quits looking SLOW as a runner, I will lose my concern.

5 catches on 5 targets against TN. looked Real Good thou!!!

T Rich will be fine..  I see burst.   It is just NOT where it needs to be.   And this was Brown's problem running in between the T's in his first couple of years..   he "hesitated" ..   Addai did it and figured it out ... 

I like the thought of a Ballard, T Rich, Brown, Brad backfield ...   Potentially.

This team want's to run...     saddle up the 4 horsemen.  Of the INDYapocalypse.

The irony is that he runs better when he is out in space than provide the tough yards after contact we expect him to give us. Based on his body type, I'd guess the opposite. He needs more 3 WR formations to improve his efficiency and given our shortage of options, that is not going to happen, IMO.

..and if Rogers is as good as everybody's hoping he is..our offense will look something like this:

Luck

Wayne

Hilton

Rogers

Richardson

Ballard (and/or Brown)

Allen

Fleener

Man that looks nice on paper....NOTICE: DHB isn't on the list...and idk about bradshaw you really can't go wrong with bradshaw, brown, or ballard..so for me ..it's gonna be hard to see one of those guys leave..

I just wonder how many of those displeased members will be raving about how good our offense looks next year when(if) everyone comes back healthy.

Luck

Richardson

Ballard(assuming that Brown leaves via FA)

Havili

Wayne

Hilton

Allen

Fleener

Other than that... I would like to see an upgrade at RG and maybe toss in some depth for that Oline. Oh, and I wouldn't mind someone other than Satele at C.

..and if Rogers is as good as everybody's hoping he is..our offense will look something like this:

Luck

Wayne

Hilton

Rogers

Richardson

Ballard (and/or Brown)

Allen

Fleener

Man that looks nice on paper....NOTICE: DHB isn't on the list...and idk about bradshaw you really can't go wrong with bradshaw, brown, or ballard..so for me ..it's gonna be hard to see one of those guys leave..

Yeah, although our plans have not gone exactly how we want them this year... we have put ourselves in a good position to retain some good players. I for one would like to have Bradshaw back. He brought some excitement similar to what Brown is doing now but, he has some deep playoff experience.

Sorry forgot to mention, there is some swearing so watch at your own discretion but really this video just shows the potential we have in Richardson.

Trust me, there's only a select few of the Trent haters. Most if us know he wasn't going to come in and magically light it up. And I don't give a rats buttocks what Ballard, Bradshaw or brown has done behind our line.

Offensive line is the issue...everything starts with the line of scrimmage...in fact our defensive line and linebackers are getting their rears handed to them as well..Vontae Davis gets burned every week and Bethea has been acting as if  it doesn't matter.  no heart today on either side of the ball...the coaches look lost...Pagano is soft and his team is taking on his  persona.......very discouraged.

Offensive line is the issue...everything starts with the line of scrimmage...in fact our defensive line and linebackers are getting their rears handed to them as well..Vontae Davis gets burned every week and Bethea has been acting as if  it doesn't matter.  no heart today on either side of the ball...the coaches look lost...Pagano is soft and his team is taking on his  persona.......very discouraged.

How is Pagano soft?

If we wanna see what he's got, we should learn to block. As is, we couldn't block the sun with a beach umbrella. He's a power runner. That takes blocking. Good blocking. Brown gets more yards because he's faster and he just has to run away from guys. If we had a good line in front of him, Richardson would be better than Brown.

But the illicit love child of Barry Sanders, Emmett Smith, Jim Brown, and Adrian Peterson couldn't get much done with this line. Brown has far overachieved behind this line, honestly.

Luck and Boom Herron had more yards on less attempts than Richardson and people still wanna blame the line. The line is in no way good, but Richardson is garbage. I distinctly remember a play in the first quarter where Richardson got only 6 yards when he had a big hole, Brown would've gotten 15, Richardson got 6...

Trent if you are looking at this. Please become like this palyer once again. 

It's been said before, but the holes are massive in that video.  Our O-line is garbage, yes, but after watching Trent for half a season, I have to finally admit he looks pretty unspectactular at this level.  As a workhorse back, I'm not sure what he can do that, say, a 5th rounder like Ballard cannot.  I would seriously consider limiting his touches for the rest of 2013, then giving him a fresh look behind a, hopefully, new line in 2014.  No player should come before the team, #1 pick or not.  Give the ball to Brown and Herron and see what they can do. 

Luck and Boom Herron had more yards on less attempts than Richardson and people still wanna blame the line. The line is in no way good, but Richardson is garbage. I distinctly remember a play in the first quarter where Richardson got only 6 yards when he had a big hole, Brown would've gotten 15, Richardson got 6...

...And Herron might have scored!

Trent Richardson the verdict is still out. I admit I loved the trade when it went down. I thought we were meeting a need and really positioned us for the long term with Ballard out. I do feel he is not running with confidence and Pep needs to get the temp going maybe with no huddle initially and then go back to the ground and pound approach. I have seen way to many jumbo packages with one receiver and two tight ends. It is too predictable and makes it hard with 8 men in the box with that formation. 

Luck

Wayne

Hilton

Rogers

Richardson

Ballard (and/or Brown)

Allen

Fleener

I like your optimism, but Wayne and Ballard will not be ready by the beginning of next year. Ballard week 4 and Reggie may play in week 6  if everything goes good and that will be there pre-season more than likely. Injuries is part of the game. Next man up.

I like your optimism, but Wayne and Ballard will not be ready by the beginning of next year. Ballard week 4 and Reggie may play in week 6  if everything goes good and that will be there pre-season more than likely. Injuries is part of the game. Next man up.

What? Ballard was hurt week 2, that is plenty of time to come back from acl tear. Same with Reggie

I liked the trade when it happened. Had Ballard and Bradshaw been healthy and the deal still gone down (which Im sure it wouldnt have), Id have though it was a dumb move. However, with a need at RB due to injury, and TRich a guy Id actually heard of (which means something since I dont follow college ball) I thought it was a great trade. 

Well....6 or 7 weeks into it now,  Im of the opinion this guy is a total bust. And dont give me the "he needs a training camp under his belt" routine either. If a guy is as talented as everyone said, in 6-7 games we would have seem something out of him. He's averaging 35yrd per game. Not quite what you'd expect from a #3 overall pick.