Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

oh you must mean the blocking Brown gets when he's averaging .05 ypc, MINUS 0.5 ypc, or the big 11 carry 2.1 ypc, ? But whats better is the games he get a handful of carries when the game is over and gets a quick draw and break a long run to inflate his numbers like his big day 7 carries 30 yds, whopping 4.3 ypc, 3 carries, 25 yds, 8.3 ypc, 3 carries, 65 yds, 21 ypc, 6 carries, 37 yds. Just a handful of massive games. I have no idea why he isn't the clear cut starter in INDY>

The 1st game against the Titans, he was clearly the superior runner between he and Richardson. The coaches even noticed as much, which is why the carries shifted in his favor the rest of that game while Richardson was a spectator

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1st game against the Titans, he was clearly the superior runner between he and Richardson. The coaches even noticed as much, which is why the carries shifted in his favor the rest of that game while Richardson was a spectator

OK Big deal....he was the hot hand and was running well in that game? His most impressive game in the 5 years he's been here. Congrats. 

and the coaches were so impressed with the great Donald Brown he got a whopping 2 carries the following week for 1 yd. And playing catchup he was still not involved in the game. I wonder why, Hmmmmm the Colts coaches see these guys everyday for months and months and still Brown is not the featured guy. Hmm strange. Maybe 4+ years of seeing this below average guy look like a CFL running back then all of a sudden he has a few decent runs with a limited number of carries I dont think they are ready to hand him the keys to the castle. 

and the coaches were so impressed with the great Donald Brown he got a whopping 2 carries the following week for 1 yd. And playing catchup he was still not involved in the game. I wonder why, Hmmmmm the Colts coaches see these guys everyday for months and months and still Brown is not the featured guy. Hmm strange. Maybe 4+ years of seeing this below average guy look like a CFL running back then all of a sudden he has a few decent runs with a limited number of carries I dont think they are ready to hand him the keys to the castle.

because Brown has been garbage for 4+ years and after a few good runs this year he should be starting in place of a guy who is trying to get it rolling after the colts just gave up a first rd pick for him? laughable

You answered your own question. Anyways, Gavin is right. No point in furthering this discussion with you. Goodnight

why?

Because Brown has a few other very good games in his career......obviously. He just has not been able to stay healthy, He has never been nor will ever be great but he has clearly been superior to Richardsons play so far this year

Just heard this on nfl a.m. They're also starting linchenbach (sorry for the misspelling) over Mcglynn.

I can't find this anywhere else. You heard it on the NFL network? Are you sure that they said Brown and Link are for sure starting? Or did they maybe just say that the Colts should try it? Not saying they haven't said it but I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere.

found off rotoworld.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Colts are benching Trent Richardson, and Donald Brown will be the team's starting running back Sunday versus Tennessee.

"It's a bottom-line [business]," a Colts source told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. "Change needed to be made. Donald is our most productive guy." Brown was used sparingly in last Sunday's blowout loss to the Cardinals, but the Colts realize their season is on the line. In 11 games this season, Brown is averaging a robust 5.7 YPC and has vastly outplayed Richardson since Trent was acquired from the Browns. In nine games with the Colts, Richardson has posted a pitiful 2.8 YPC mark and can't seem to find any running lanes. Rapoport adds that the Colts "believe in Trent for the future," so they're not giving up on him. But the division and playoff seeding is on the line. They can't keep trotting out an unproductive running game. Brown is on the flex radar and has RB2 value the rest of the season, while Richardson is -- and has been -- nearly drop-worthy.
Related: Donald Brown

This is why I love Irsay. This change wouldn't have been made if he didn't put the pressure on the staff this week. The article on NFL.com also went on to state that, "...offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton is under pressure within the Colts' facility to "step up his game" after the offense has gotten off to slow starts the past several weeks."

As well he should be. Glad something is finally being forced to be done. Figure it out, coaching staff. This is a big game

and the coaches were so impressed with the great Donald Brown he got a whopping 2 carries the following week for 1 yd. And playing catchup he was still not involved in the game. I wonder why, Hmmmmm the Colts coaches see these guys everyday for months and months and still Brown is not the featured guy. Hmm strange

Ahem

http://forums.colts.com/topic/23588-donald-brown-to-start-over-richardson-today/#entry655487

I can't find this anywhere else. You heard it on the NFL network? Are you sure that they said Brown and Link are for sure starting? Or did they maybe just say that the Colts should try it? Not saying they haven't said it but I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere.

No, they said Donald Brown is starting...no maybe

This is why I love Irsay. This change wouldn't have been made if he didn't put the pressure on the staff this week. The article on NFL.com also went on to state that, "...offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton is under pressure within the Colts' facility to "step up his game" after the offense has gotten off to slow starts the past several weeks."

As well he should be. Glad something is finally being forced to be done. Figure it out, coaching staff. This is a big game

Exactly

this is the biggest game of the season....a win and we're almost certainly in the playoffs with a home game..

..a loss with road games at Cincy and KC still to come......and we may not make the playoffs at all...

Its time to forget about 'getting Trent going' until we clinch the playoffs....

He's not Cpuck and Pep's favorite...but I appreciate that they're playing the guy who is our leading rusher....

....Lets be honest....If Brown had been drafted by Grigson, he'd have been starting...

Hate to say I told you so.... But ya I told many here so on Richardson. They're quiet now

You haven't seen the last of Richardson. 8 men in box when T Rich is in. Never when Brown is in. T Rich has a high 2.9 YPC avg for the blocking he gets from our horrible o-line play. If our o-line opened holes for T Rich like they did Brown this wouldn't be a topic. 

Anyone who thinks Brown is a better back or athlete is out of their minds. No disrespect to Brown I like the guy. He works hard but T Rich is on another level. I think he'll perform a lot better when Ballard is back next year.