Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

Sometimes putting a guy on the pine can be the best thign for him. I just hope it doesn't require being cut or arrested like some other players.

Yeah, I agree. I think there's nothing wrong with starting Brown and having Trent come in. They need to keep using both. He did pretty good the first half catching passes and ran better in the second half. Think when Bradshaw went down he was made the starter and wasn't ready yet.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could not agree more.  I see him out there and he is so slow its not even funny.  I honestly think you could plug in "Boom" Herron and not do any worse then Trent is doing.  He is so not worth a first rounder from what i have seen.

He actually has some speed, which is evident on screen plays, but he looks like molasses getting to the line of scrimmage.

He actually has some speed, which is evident on screen plays, but he looks like molasses getting to the line of scrimmage.

I don't doubt he has SOME speed in an open field, but he has no burst speed when attacking a hole.  But for me a 1st round RB should have all the tangibles to make an offense better and I just don't see it with him.  I want Chuck to light a fire under his a$$ next game and I want Pep to him a focal point on a few drives early in the game just so I can stop screaming at the TV.  Man sometimes this team frustrates me, but I love them and am a proud colts fan:)

I would 100% do the trade again. T-Rich is  a beast.. He will be worth the trade, just be patient..

I remember when people on here wanted D. Brown gone...

I was 1 of them, I was wrong. I didn't think he'd develop this late. Now I think he should start.

Trich - 8 carries 22 yards

DB - 14 carries 80 yards 2 td

Got to ride the hot hand. I still have faith in Trich but its hard to argue with stats that clear. Trich still does well in pass protection but until he figures out how to run, DB should be the focus of our running game IMO.

I would 100% do the trade again. T-Rich is  a beast.. He will be worth the trade, just be patient..

I remember when people on here wanted D. Brown gone...

My God, I wish people would stop with the "beast" nonsense. He is not a beast, he simply sucks and he sucks bad. The Browns should be arrested for the absolute highway robbery they pulled on Grigson. People need to come to terms with Richardson being a flat out bust. There are no more excuses that are acceptable, he has been here plenty long enough and it doesn't take a RB to be a genius and know the playbook inside out to know to run through the holes. The holes have been there, he just completely misses them because he has ZERO vision and awareness. Hopefully Grigson learns a huge lesson and never ever trades another 1st rd. pick on a RB. Dumb trade when it happened and looks dumber with each passing game.

I like the rotation the Colts are using with Brown and Richardson. I just laugh at all the T-Rich hate talk when there was hate talk about Brown a few years ago.

There is a difference between brown and richardson. The Colts had a crappy Oline when they drafted brown, but he always showed big play ability and his play was commensurate with the other running backs on the roster. The biggest problem Brown had was probably staying healthy.

Hopefully this offseason richardson can pull a knowshon moreno and get his career on track, but i won't be holding my breath.

Why does T-Rich not accelerate in the backfield?

I don't get it.

Donald Brown accelerates hard in the back field and when he hits the holes he goes for a big gain, when he doesn't ht the holes or the holes are not there he still gets 3 or 4 yards.

T-Rich gets the ball and slows down, almost like he's looking for a hole like a light switch in a dark room, he just needs to hit it hard in the backfield and he will be fine.

My God, I wish people would stop with the "beast" nonsense. He is not a beast, he simply sucks and he sucks bad. The Browns should be arrested for the absolute highway robbery they pulled on Grigson. People need to come to terms with Richardson being a flat out bust. There are no more excuses that are acceptable, he has been here plenty long enough and it doesn't take a RB to be a genius and know the playbook inside out to know to run through the holes. The holes have been there, he just completely misses them because he has ZERO vision and awareness. Hopefully Grigson learns a huge lesson and never ever trades another 1st rd. pick on a RB. Dumb trade when it happened and looks dumber with each passing game.

I think you need a chill pill..Last night was Richardson best game as he was able to break tackles out in space.

The trade WILL payoff in the long run..

Oh yes the Colts have been real great with first Rd draft pick before except a Manning or Luck...

I've read this article, Edge is dealing with T-Rich and trying to ease his situation.

quote:

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said that former Colts running back Edgerrin James has been mentoring Richardson in recent weeks.

"Listen, this kid's going through a lot," James told Silver. "His family is coming to town, he's adjusting to a new city and it's a new offense. Give him an offseason, you'll see him roll, you'll see the guy that everyone fell in love with out of Alabama."

that is all i been saying. yes brown is looking better and better every week, but this is the best we have seen brown since we drafted him 4 years ago in the first round. a combo of Ballard, TRich and Brown could make for a very scary RB tandem next year. now only if we could fix that OLine and maybe draft another WR or sign a FA WR to go with Hilton Wayne and now the emerging Whalen (who in my opinion is looking very good) and this offense could be one of the best if not the best in the NFL. 

Yeah I agree with everything. And I'm a strong supporter of Trent. The talent is there. Just looks like his head isn't ATM. May help to start Brown so less pressure on Trent. Or just split carries and go with the hot hand. But people calling him a bust and throwing him under the bus is just premature and stupid.

I could not agree more. it is going to take more then a few weeks for this kid to get adjusted. it isn't like we drafted him and he had time to adjust to new surroundings during the off season. if the colts had to do this trade all over again i would still be for it. plus he has looked incredible these last couple of weeks on screen passes out of  the back field. 

Just like Brown was a mistake for the past regime?

And how Coby was a mistake?

And how it was a mistake to trade up for TY?

Brown was a mistake in the 1st round(He is doing great no question this year not withstanding) but 1st round running backs are for the elite guys......or should be......such as Peterson..........Coby was drafted where he was projected and I never said he was a mistake but yes I said multiple times I was disappointed with his play.........TY...Ill give ya that one

I think you need a chill pill..Last night was Richardson best game as he was able to break tackles out in space.

Oh yes the Colts have been real great with first Rd draft pick before except a Manning or Luck...

You are right - people have to chill out.  TR has skills, he has wiggle and he has power.  He also has a good set of hands which, Pep didn't exploit until last night.  When he's on the field teams automatically run blitz him when he's in a power formation.  let him run without a FB in front of him, have Luck go play action with that look.

Clearly he doesn't have great vision yet - he's still young.

For years Brown couldn`t find a hole. Occasionaly he ran wide and found a gap for a good gain, and sometimes our line made a hole right in front of him he couldn`t miss.

He actually had a few Nicely blocked sizeable holes last night and ran to them

I also saw Brown make 2-3 cuts last night with Nothing visible to draw him that way that he made Big Runs with. 

And guess what, holes/creases instantly appeared because of some really good blocking.

Totally Freaky, Brown has Never done this, and we haven`t been getting that kind of blocking.

Seems like he trusted the plays design, was where he was supposed to be, and made a nicely timed cut and ran fast thru the opening. For me, the New Donald.

I liked hearing TRich has Edge available to work with him. That should be good for his morale and his FB knowledge.

He has to get/remain totally into improving.

Brown was a mistake in the 1st round(He is doing great no question this year not withstanding) but 1st round running backs are for the elite guys......or should be......such as Peterson..........Coby was drafted where he was projected and I never said he was a mistake but yes I said multiple times I was disappointed with his play.........TY...Ill give ya that one

It's not you I'm referencing. It's the fact that most people seem to approach players as "Perform this instant or you should be cut." There's no patience.

Crazy thing is, sometimes it takes awhile to adjust to the NFL. Trent's first year was better than any year Brown has ever had. Even if you combine Browns first 2 season they don't equate for more than what Trent did in his rookie year. But Donald always got the "give him time" crowd on his side. Now those same people want to crucify Trent because he didn't immediately come in and demolish opposing defenses.

The sad irony is that they were right the first time, and players should be given time to grow and develop.

These things take different times for different players. And we have seen continual proof of that this year.

I don't need a chill pill, what I need is for people to stop pretending that Richardson is something he's obviously not. I know people want to keep finding excuses for the reason why he has sucked so bad, but all you have to do is watch the guy and you should be able to see that he just doesn't have the skill set to ever be anything more than average(and that's being kind). I'm not going to sugar coat my beliefs in him. He can not recognize the holes that are right in front of him. I seen him run right into the o-lineman at least twice last night when there was a decent sized running lane right beside the direction he took. I have also seen him do this countless times since he's been here. He gets the ball, puts his head down, and runs right into the backside of our o-lineman. It's pathetic how bad he has been. If he had even a little bit of the skills some seem to think he has, then he would have at least found a couple of holes to run through since he's been here, but he hasn't. He hasn't done anything from a running standpoint.

Why does T-Rich not accelerate in the backfield?

I don't get it.

Donald Brown accelerates hard in the back field and when he hits the holes he goes for a big gain, when he doesn't ht the holes or the holes are not there he still gets 3 or 4 yards.

T-Rich gets the ball and slows down, almost like he's looking for a hole like a light switch in a dark room, he just needs to hit it hard in the backfield and he will be fine.

Agreed, it looks like he is over-thinking where he should run every time he touches the ball anymore. He just needs to flat out sprint and hit whatever is there in front of him. When he gets going he is a load and very tough to bring down.

I don't need a chill pill, what I need is for people to stop pretending that Richardson is something he's obviously not. I know people want to keep finding excuses for the reason why he has sucked so bad, but all you have to do is watch the guy and you should be able to see that he just doesn't have the skill set to ever be anything more than average(and that's being kind). I'm not going to sugar coat my beliefs in him. He can not recognize the holes that are right in front of him. I seen him run right into the o-lineman at least twice last night when there was a decent sized running lane right beside the direction he took. I have also seen him do this countless times since he's been here. He gets the ball, puts his head down, and runs right into the backside of our o-lineman. It's pathetic how bad he has been. If he had even a little bit of the skills some seem to think he has, then he would have at least found a couple of holes to run through since he's been here, but he hasn't. He hasn't done anything from a running standpoint.

Everything you've just said has been said, likely verbatim, about the two heros from the game last night, Donald and Coby.

What benefit is it to the team to make these types of assessments so quickly, and quit on players? It's a lose, lose proposition.

Everything you've just said has been said, likely verbatim, about the two heros from the game last night, Donald and Coby.

What benefit is it to the team to make these types of assessments so quickly, and quit on players? It's a lose, lose proposition.

For the record, I've never said those things about Brown or Fleener, but I know other's have.

I just do not see it in Richardson, players that have the skills that some proclaim Richardson has, show glimpses of those skills every once in a while. Richardson never has, even in his time in Cleveland. Yes he had some good games in Cleveland, but nothing like what many are expecting out of him here. I'm not saying he won't be a serviceable player at some point, but IMO he will never be a star. He will never be a "beast"(God, I hate that expression). People can keep talking him up if that's what they need to do to feel better, but I don't see it and I doubt I ever will.

For the record, I've never said those things about Brown or Fleener, but I know other's have.

I just do not see it in Richardson, players that have the skills that some proclaim Richardson has, show glimpses of those skills every once in a while. Richardson never has, even in his time in Cleveland. Yes he had some good games in Cleveland, but nothing like what many are expecting out of him here. I'm not saying he won't be a serviceable player at some point, but IMO he will never be a star. He will never be a "beast"(God, I hate that expression). People can keep talking him up if that's what they need to do to feel better, but I don't see it and I doubt I ever will.

Right now, I'm not seeing it either, and I'm not trying to change your mind, but I see no reason not stick with him.

He looked much better in his rookie year, than with us. I was impressed by him a few times last year, but this year? Not so much.

I never bashed Brown, but I never saw it with him, I thought he was done after this year with us, and he's shown me because he's having a really good year.

I air on the side of patience with players, because I just find it more enjoyable as a fan. But if you told me next year, Trent would run crazy for us, I wouldn't be shocked.

You have to realize that's not Richardson style. He is more of a straight line runner, bruiser style of a RB. The Colts O-line as of now is not built like that but in drafts to come, maybe free agency it will be built to help Richardson succeed. 

Yea Blazer.....

He is an average RB.

I wish he was.  I think we would have kept him if he was at least that.  There are so many scrub RBs out there putting up better numbers than him.  I agree with some of the other posters though that he is pretty darn good if you can throw it to him in open space...but not as quick and capable of the Darren Sproles types.  That and goal-line situations seem to be the only areas he can be decent in.

Resorting to the 1st round picks aren't that valuable argument? Really?

Fine...let T Rich develop and get comfortable, but in the meantime D Brown has Earned more carries and playing time than T Rich. Hope our sometimes stubborn coaches don't let the fact that we gave up a first rounder for T Rich influence their opinion on who is doing the job right now. I want whoever is getting the job done on the field right now.

I'd like to see TRich behind a better O-line.  In addition, we got him for short yardage anyway.  He's not particularly quick but he's bulky and hard to get down once he has some momentum (blocking and space).  As for Brown, I like him, too.  He explodes when he's got a hole to run through and gets a significant number of yards.  Plus, he can catch.  The two could complement each other very well in a tandem.  Put them on the field at the same time with some sets not involving Havili.  It takes away a little of the predictability, which is bad that I can see what they're going to do and I'm no expert on football.  Could be run or pass.

TRich was supposed to be our Marshawn Lynch. He is so disgustingly bad. Theres no more defending the guy. We are stuck with a shiot player for the next two seasons & theres nothing we can do. Let him rot on the bench. God Kerwynn was a 100x better. I am serious when I say this too Havili is better. Maybe TRich out to try playing FB. I know if wont happen but maybe it could salvage his career.

So what was Lynches excuse then? Cause it took him awhile also. Sorry everyone can't come in right away and live up to your expectations.

I've read this article, Edge is dealing with T-Rich and trying to ease his situation.

quote:

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said that former Colts running back Edgerrin James has been mentoring Richardson in recent weeks.

"Listen, this kid's going through a lot," James told Silver. "His family is coming to town, he's adjusting to a new city and it's a new offense. Give him an offseason, you'll see him roll, you'll see the guy that everyone fell in love with out of Alabama."

I believe he does need some time also. Maybe he's just not a fast learner. But I'm not sure where he will be in the depth chart next year. I honestly prefer giving Bradshaw 1 last chance with Vick Ballard and Donald Brown. Our running game would be unstoppable...