Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

The problem is that a lot of people on here R Living hand to mouth , Trent Richardson is going to be great for the Colt's! Look @ the whole picture !

He was brought in to help now ... if he doesn't do anything until next year he was a waste because we could have drafted a RB for much less than a 1st round pick.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was brought in to help now ... if he doesn't do anything until next year he was a waste because we could have drafted a RB for much less than a 1st round pick.

I disagree with that.  Not that he wasn't brought in to help now, because that is true.  But I disagree with that it's a waste if he doesn't help us this year.  They traded for him to be our RB of the future.  Whether it was tongue in cheek or not, Pagano has stated that he's on schedule.  Chuck may be a politician with a microphone in his face, but I balk at calling him an outright liar.  We'll see how it plays out in the next few years, but if he performs like they hope over the next 2.5 years, it wouldn't have been a wasted draft pick.  Now if he's constantly middle of the road over the next 2.5 years, then yeah, it was a wasted draft pick.

I disagree with that.  Not that he wasn't brought in to help now, because that is true.  But I disagree with that it's a waste if he doesn't help us this year.  They traded for him to be our RB of the future.  Whether it was tongue in cheek or not, Pagano has stated that he's on schedule.  Chuck may be a politician with a microphone in his face, but I balk at calling him an outright liar.  We'll see how it plays out in the next few years, but if he performs like they hope over the next 2.5 years, it wouldn't have been a wasted draft pick.  Now if he's constantly middle of the road over the next 2.5 years, then yeah, it was a wasted draft pick.

I think it was a desperation move .. they may have justified it as helping us now and in the future, but I think the main motivation was for now. 

Chuck says a lot of things I don't buy ... he will say anything if it avoids saying something negative about a player.

He not only has to be better than middle of the road, he has to be a top RB to justify the trade.

I think it was a desperation move .. they may have justified it as helping us now and in the future, but I think the main motivation was for now. 

Chuck says a lot of things I don't buy ... he will say anything if it avoids saying something negative about a player.

He not only has to be better than middle of the road, he has to be a top RB to justify the trade.

Well I'm not saying I always agree with Chuck, but my point was that I wouldn't call him a liar either.  At any rate, I agree with the last part about middle of the road.  That much is true.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This may be bold, but does anybody else think Trent should try being a WR for one game and see what happens? from what I have seen he can catch better then DHB.. I think it would be nice to see who knows he might be good.

No.  But it does reinforce the idea to get Trent the ball in space.

Guest TeamLoloJones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_68ijPtrxE DHB would not of caught that

Instead of putting Trent at Wr, I 've actually thrown out the idea of putting DHB in the backfield and using him like the Cheifs used Dexter McCluster his first 2 years.  DHB can't get open downfield and he can't catch anything past 5 yards, so why not just run screens and jet sweeps with him, and let him use his speed.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We could only hope :goodluck:  but it most likely wont happen.

What annoys me is, one a few times the Colts have used DHB that way, was vs. Denver and he had a 30 yard run.  I was hoping it was a sign of things to come, but so far, not really.

This may be bold, but does anybody else think Trent should try being a WR for one game and see what happens? from what I have seen he can catch better then DHB.. I think it would be nice to see who knows he might be good.

are you serious 

Well, they need to run 2 RB formations with DHB as the option back, much like the Packers do with Randall Cobb and the Vikings used to do with Percy Harvin.

If the WR cannot catch consistently, hand it to him to get him in space or run reverses for him. Keep him in motion constantly to keep the LBs honest and let TY and Fleener split out, Fleener has WR speed and is harder to jam, plus can catch better than DHB.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Shew, PeprunrunrunPunt just took the title from me of 'Dumbest Thread of All Time'. Congrats.

haha You haven't been here that long, have you?

Well, they need to run 2 RB formations with DHB as the option back, much like the Packers do with Randall Cobb and the Vikings used to do with Percy Harvin.

If the WR cannot catch consistently, hand it to him to get him in space or run reverses for him. Keep him in motion constantly to keep the LBs honest and let TY and Fleener split out, Fleener has WR speed and is harder to jam, plus can catch better than DHB.

I see the logic in this, But wouldn't it make us even more predictable than we already are?  GB can actually throw and run, Vikings had AP.  We just flat out don't have any playmaking ability and these types of options are relatively easy to shutdown if anticipation is there.  I'm not saying not do it I'm just worried it may not be effective anyway lol.

Instead of putting Trent at Wr, I 've actually thrown out the idea of putting DHB in the backfield and using him like the Cheifs used Dexter McCluster his first 2 years.  DHB can't get open downfield and he can't catch anything past 5 yards, so why not just run screens and jet sweeps with him, and let him use his speed.

I second this idea. This could help him get into his grooves.

You don't have to move him to WR to throw the ball to him..

He's too short (and not fast enough) to be a full time receiver..but he could b used like KC's Charles or NOLA's Sprolyes

He does catch the ball very well..

You don't have to move him to WR to throw the ball to him..

He's too short (and not fast enough) to be a full time receiver..but he could b used like KC's Charles or NOLA's Sprolyes

He does catch the ball very well..

Richardson;

Height: 5-09   Weight: 228

40 Low: 4.42   40 Time: 4.49  40 High: 4.58

Hilton;

Height: 5-10   Weight: 183 

40 Low: 4.30   40 Time: 4.37  40 High: 4.47

Thats not quite accurate......

Guest TeamLoloJones

Funny thing is, I bet if you put another 5-10. of muscle on the kid, he'd probably be a good MLB lol

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "quarterback of the defense".