Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRich was supposed to be our Marshawn Lynch. He is so disgustingly bad. Theres no more defending the guy. We are stuck with a shiot player for the next two seasons & theres nothing we can do. Let him rot on the bench. God Kerwynn was a 100x better. I am serious when I say this too Havili is better. Maybe TRich out to try playing FB. I know if wont happen but maybe it could salvage his career.

How long did it take Lynch to be Lynch today? Few years bud! But you lost all credibility with the kerwynn remark. Hyperbowl in full effect with some of you Colt fans.

How long did it take Lynch to be Lynch today? Few years bud! But you lost all credibility with the kerwynn remark. Hyperbowl in full effect with some of you Colt fans.

Lynch- uh it took about no time considering he started off back to back years in BUF with 1,000 yard seasons on teams with shiot QBs.

And if I remember right, pre-season or not Kerwynn has more 100 yard games as a Colt than Trent in less games.

I don't need a chill pill, what I need is for people to stop pretending that Richardson is something he's obviously not. I know people want to keep finding excuses for the reason why he has sucked so bad, but all you have to do is watch the guy and you should be able to see that he just doesn't have the skill set to ever be anything more than average(and that's being kind). I'm not going to sugar coat my beliefs in him. He can not recognize the holes that are right in front of him. I seen him run right into the o-lineman at least twice last night when there was a decent sized running lane right beside the direction he took. I have also seen him do this countless times since he's been here. He gets the ball, puts his head down, and runs right into the backside of our o-lineman. It's pathetic how bad he has been. If he had even a little bit of the skills some seem to think he has, then he would have at least found a couple of holes to run through since he's been here, but he hasn't. He hasn't done anything from a running standpoint.

There's nothing wrong with his skill set, he just doesnt have enough vision or trust into his linemen to find the hole, and he like to cut to early and gets stopped short, things that can be fixed by next preseason, stop bashing a guy who only played like 8 weeks with us, even though you can learn a playbook in that time doesnt mean to feel comfortable running them or having the others teams defense making it look worst.

Lynch- uh it took about no time considering he started off back to back years in BUF with 1,000 yard seasons on teams with shiot QBs.

And if I remember right, pre-season or not Kerwynn has more 100 yard games as a Colt than Trent in less games.

Well being this is Trent's SECOND year. In which he got traded and is now on his 3 offense I'd cut the dude some slack. He almost got a 1000 yards with Cleveland in his rookie year btw.

Here's Lynch's info

http://www.nfl.com/player/marshawnlynch/2495663/careerstats

The problem with Trent is that he's aiming for the fences every time he touches the ball.  When they got him out on the screen he was lacking the patience to run with the blocks and instead ran into defenders.  IMO he's lacking the patience because he knows that he's playing poorly and he knows that everyone is talking about it.  I think he'll be who we expected him to be beginning next year after he gets much more comfortable with the playbook, play calling, and offensive line.

The only time I see him doing any major damage this year is in the playoffs to get those tough 3rd & 1's and goal line TDs.  Defenses are reacting to Trent so much this year that he's not able to counter them right away with this scheme he's in.  Andrew Luck's rushing TD against the Titans showed just that.  The entire front 7 or 8 got faked out by the play action, to Trent, and Luck saw a running lane open up for an easy score.

I'm still faithful and because you're a Colts fan, you should be too.

Yeah I agree with everything. And I'm a strong supporter of Trent. The talent is there. Just looks like his head isn't ATM. May help to start Brown so less pressure on Trent. Or just split carries and go with the hot hand. But people calling him a bust and throwing him under the bus is just premature and stupid.

Exactly, nobody is saying Donald Brown is a bust right now.

Things change with time, I think because we traded a first rounder for him, people are expecting so much from him.

I know how we can end this debate (it wont happen but it would end the debate): Let Herron have Trent 's carried for a game. If Herron shows any signs of life, that will be 2 backs to succeed with the same line Trent can not succeed with. And boom's been here an even shorter time. If boom does anything it would prove Trent aint got it.

TRich was supposed to be our Marshawn Lynch. He is so disgustingly bad. Theres no more defending the guy. We are stuck with a shiot player for the next two seasons & theres nothing we can do. Let him rot on the bench. God Kerwynn was a 100x better. I am serious when I say this too Havili is better. Maybe TRich out to try playing FB. I know if wont happen but maybe it could salvage his career.

I have always liked your posts (because I believe you are an Indy scout :) ) but this time I can't believe your take on Trent.  

Exactly, nobody is saying Donald Brown is a bust right now.

Things change with time, I think because we traded a first rounder for him, people are expecting so much from him.

Remember all the smack talk about Luck, Fleener last year? Heck tons of guys wanted Brown cut THIS year. Lol, crazy

Right now whatever is wrong with him is in the head. Not his lack of skills. Needs to adjust to NFL speed size etc, then bam, gets traded, start all over again. I would love to see any of you lose your job, move to another city the next day and start working like nothing happened. My bad, nfl players are robots.

Remember all the smack talk about Luck, Fleener last year? Heck tons of guys wanted Brown cut THIS year. Lol, crazy

Hmm I don't remember people bashing Luck and calling him a bust. If so, they stopped after the first couple come from behind winning drives.

Fleener was definitely bashed mercilessly, and deservedly so last year. He has stepped up with Allen gone, and Luck has stepped up and become a more vocal leader, especially after this Titans game.

It almost looked like Brown was going to pack his bags with Ballard and Bradshaw ahead of him. And even after we trade for Richardson, he stepped up BIG TIME. I would like to see him back with the team next year, but I think with Ballard and Richardson under contract, it may not happen.

Hmm I don't remember people bashing Luck and calling him a bust. If so, they stopped after the first couple come from behind winning drives.

Fleener was definitely bashed mercilessly, and deservedly so last year. He has stepped up with Allen gone, and Luck has stepped up and become a more vocal leader, especially after this Titans game.

It almost looked like Brown was going to pack his bags with Ballard and Bradshaw ahead of him. And even after we trade for Richardson, he stepped up BIG TIME. I would like to see him back with the team next year, but I think with Ballard and Richardson under contract, it may not happen.

I wouldn't say flat out bashing. And to be honest I think they were peytonites. They talked about him vs rg3 for most if the season. Talking smack about his qbr, int and all that other crap. Except the important stat w vs l.

As a Colts fan I'm glad Brown has stepped up his game. I've hated on him plenty years past. He is doing really well. Not the best pass blocker but he is finding holes and creases and gaining his yards. And when it's all said and done I want the ones out there who give us the best chance to win.

I wouldn't say flat out bashing. And to be honest I think they were peytonites. They talked about him vs rg3 for most if the season. Talking smack about his qbr, int and all that other crap. Except the important stat w vs l.

As a Colts fan I'm glad Brown has stepped up his game. I've hated on him plenty years past. He is doing really well. Not the best pass blocker but he is finding holes and creases and gaining his yards. And when it's all said and done I want the ones out there who give us the best chance to win.

I remember plenty of RG3-ites and Peyton-ites bashing him about all of that, but we knew it was the style of the offense and the lack of help Luck was given on the offensive line.

I am very glad that Donald is doing well. I really believed that he wasn't given a good chance with the offensive philosophy, and the line. Pep's philosophy fits well to what Brown wants to do which is find small creases and break it open.

Your comments always seem troll-like.  I'm sure we'll find out one day that you're a Pats fan.

This isn't trolling, I am literally laughing at what's being said right now: ranging from Grigs has made bad moves all year to wanting to put Herron in just to prove a point about Tr...

I'm sure one day you'll learn not to post insulting things about other posters. Out of my 18 years of existence all of them have been with blue and white blood coursing through my veins and a horseshoe imprinted upon my brain. 

Edge is not the right player to mentor Trent. I love Edge, but Trent needs to learn from a guy like Bettis. Obviously that wont happen cause of the organizations they played for. Point is Trent needs to embrace contact. Our OL sucks and hes going to get hit in the backfield a lot (like he has been.) He's avoiding contact right now & thats why hes going for 0's and losses when he could be getting 3 or 4. He hasnt punished one defender in a Colts uni yet.

Edge is not the right player to mentor Trent. I love Edge, but Trent needs to learn from a guy like Bettis. Obviously that wont happen cause of the organizations they played for.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that Edge, or anyone for that matter, is the right or wrong person to mentor Trent?

I mean lets be real for a minute 10 years ago at the indystar forums we were biotching about Edge spending every summer working out in Miami. And Edge was not the type of runner that we want Trent to become. Trent isnt a stretch play RB. And Edge has never formally coached. Like it or not mentors can rub off on the student good & bad traits.

Awesome. Edge is one of my favorite colts ever. Shame he never won a ring here.

Same here he's one of my favorites also, I used to go ape crap collecting his rookie cards and plastering my walls with his auto'd pictures. He was just such a great RB and gave us fans some great years!!!!

I really hope he can inspire/motivate Trent, the physical ability is definitely there.

I've read this article, Edge is dealing with T-Rich and trying to ease his situation.

quote:

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said that former Colts running back Edgerrin James has been mentoring Richardson in recent weeks.

"Listen, this kid's going through a lot," James told Silver. "His family is coming to town, he's adjusting to a new city and it's a new offense. Give him an offseason, you'll see him roll, you'll see the guy that everyone fell in love with out of Alabama."

Feels good that old Colts are trying to help out......

..and he';s right...we think he's the guy we saw at Alabama..and it may take awhile for him to get back near there

Edge is not the right player to mentor Trent. I love Edge, but Trent needs to learn from a guy like Bettis. Obviously that wont happen cause of the organizations they played for. Point is Trent needs to embrace contact. Our OL sucks and hes going to get hit in the backfield a lot (like he has been.) He's avoiding contact right now & thats why hes going for 0's and losses when he could be getting 3 or 4. He hasnt punished one defender in a Colts uni yet.

lolwut? His biggest criticism is that he seeks out contact. He hardly avoids it. 

I think it's framed properly in the article.

What else can the Colts say?     They have to say that.    At least they're doing the right thing.

And I'm still convinced there's more to this story than meets the eye.    The results simply don't make sense.

The Colt's are a player-friendly organization.....   they keep their issues in-house.    That's the way it should be done.

I hope so - I mean he was the #3 pick for a reason right?  Right now he lacks vision, burst, tackle-breaking ability and whatever else a running back can have,

I did like seeing him get going in the short passing game though.

i agree with vision, awareness and burst but his breaking tackles hes done well for as long he can get past the line of scrimmage which he is falling short at quite badly i must admit, but hopefully James can turn him around and get him on track and make him what he is suppose to be for are offense!!!! GO COLTS!!

What Colts game have you been watching?.....the thing he does the most in run right into the defenders most of the time, i mean he cuts early sometimes and misses his hole but im sure that something else James will be working with him on, with James coaching i believe T-Rich will go far and im sure hes really appreciating the help from a vetran RB like him since he was a great RB for the Colts, like i said before on some other forum he probably wont know T-Rich full potential til mid next season, plus i agree with some other people we need a couple better linemen mainly center IMO

Go Colts!!!

I've read this article, Edge is dealing with T-Rich and trying to ease his situation.

quote:

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said that former Colts running back Edgerrin James has been mentoring Richardson in recent weeks.

"Listen, this kid's going through a lot," James told Silver. "His family is coming to town, he's adjusting to a new city and it's a new offense. Give him an offseason, you'll see him roll, you'll see the guy that everyone fell in love with out of Alabama."

I'm not so sure..I think he's slow with no burst. We definitely way over paid to get him especially with Ballard and Bradshaw coming back next year. 

I don't agree with the "he doesn't know the line's tendencies" remark. When I watch I see Donald Brown taking the handoff and he's rolling when he hits the line of scrimmage. He either sees the crease and goes or he makes one slight move and he's up field. With Richardson I see a guy taking the handoff and looking like he wants to make a cut immediately. He looks like he's lost. He looks slow out of the gate and he doesn't look like he has much burst after he makes the cuts. One of the plays that exemplifies this from last night's game is the play were the Tennessee NT tripped over his own guy and fell to the ground in the hole. There was a huge hole there and Richardson ran right to the fallen player and got tackled for a 1 yard gain. They showed it in slow motion and it just looked pathetic. The hole was there Richardson looked like he didn't know what to do with it and actually cut back right into the fallen defensive player. Too much pitty pat with the feet, take the hand off and go for christs sake

Exactly!!!! 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm so sure..I think he's slow with no burst. We definitely way over paid to get him especially with Ballard and Bradshaw coming back next year. 

Have you seen TRich when he is actually in the open field?  Dude has wheels.