Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

Mulligan.  ;)

It's obvious to me that Trent isn't going to make any bounds this year. I have some hope for down the road, however. He's just doing the same things wrong, making the same mistakes too consistently. 

He's not seeing the hole form, just like the Browns fans told us. Ironic that the guy making it obvious what the issue is....is named Brown. 

Speaking of our guy, DB. It took him years to develop his vision and skill as a pro-back, and he doesn't have half the physical traits of Trent. There's still hope Trent will become one of our favorite, most dependable players. But it's gonna be awhile IMO. 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i agree with the above. What would you expect them to say?   Results speak for themselves and the guy has been pretty bad.  Brown has ran very well behind the same line.  I don't buy that the Colts would make the trade again today like they say either, my guess is they would have used the first round pick as bait for a NFL level WR considering we have none outside of Hilton.

I used to defend Trich because I saw Brown running out of spread formations. Tonight he ran out of the power formation with authority, just made Trich look bad. Maybe when Trich has a few more years he will understand how to run in the NFL, but for now it looks like Brown is the better back. At least Trich is a pretty solid pass protector, he looks better than Brown in that area.

I used to defend Trich because I saw Brown running out of spread formations. Tonight he ran out of the power formation with authority, just made Trich look bad. Maybe when Trich has a few more years he will understand how to run in the NFL, but for now it looks like Brown is the better back. At least Trich is a pretty solid pass protector, he looks better than Brown in that area.

Trich's problem seems to be simple vision.  That will probably take sometime to learn maybe being behind Brown and being used as a third down back will give him a chance to learn that. 

Trent isn't clicking with the culture around this locker room yet (hence the "other story") and I just noticed it (as far as what we're aware of - he wasn't around for Chuckstrong and he's a 2 months in). He's being embraced by his team, but I don't think his head is right, right now. I'd bet a dollar that down the road he'll concede that point. 

He's depth for Donald Brown right now. The reality of this deal starts week one next season.

Damn right I/we would!! 

1.People Trent is not yet totally aclimated or comfortable  with the offense.

2.We just might have to give the man a full camp & season working the offense before he does what he can do.

3.The Browns have already paid most of his salary.

4.We didnt give a 3rd overall, a 4th rd, 5th rd, and 7th rd for Trent THE BROWNS DID

5.We will only end up only giving no more a 24th overall

6.Look at BIG PICTURE..For the next 4plus years we have in our back field Ballard, Richarson, Brown (and maybe) Bradshaw!!

Cmon Colt Nation dont let "The Factory of Sadness" decieve you...WE WON THIS DEAL EASY!!

Damn right I/we would!! 

1.People Trent is not yet totally aclimated or comfortable  with the offense.

2.We just might have to give the man a full camp & season working the offense before he does what he can do.

3.The Browns have already paid most of his salary.

4.We didnt give a 3rd overall, a 4th rd, 5th rd, and 7th rd for Trent THE BROWNS DID

5.We will only end up only giving no more a 24th overall

6.Look at BIG PICTURE..For the next 4plus years we have in our back field Ballard, Richarson, Brown (and maybe) Bradshaw!!

Cmon Colt Nation dont let "The Factory of Sadness" decieve you...WE WON THIS DEAL EASY!!

1. He's a RB, it's not rocket science

2. See #1

3. Colts got a mediocre player cheap...oh boy.

4. Unfortunately, the Colts gave up a 1st. I don't care what the Browns gave up

5. 1st round picks are valuable. Far from a sure thing, but valuable nonetheless

6. Probably just Ballard and Richardson. I hope Brown returns

The last part is simply delusional. Colts got hammered on this deal.

The only hope I see for this trade is TR is immature and hasn't been committed 100% to football and changes his ways this offseason.

Cause you can learn three offenses in a year..

Medicore UNTIL he's had a decent chance to play instead of thinking.

The Browns cared about what they thought his worth was...That was the  point.

If Trent turns out to be Medicore Im glad it'll be for cheap.

You dont have to believe in him, in order for offense to come to him.

Cause you can learn three offenses in a year..

Medicore UNTIL he's had a decent chance to play instead of thinking.

The Browns cared about what they thought his worth was...That was the  point.

If Trent turns out to be Medicore Im glad it'll be for cheap.

You dont have to believe in him, in order for offense to come to him.

You're the only person on the planet that considers a first round pick given up "cheap."

We are going to feel this in the draft I think.  We really need another WR and you normally find those kinds of guys like we need in the first round.  If not a WR we could use another o-lineman for sure but then again you can sometimes find those guys in rounds past the first round. 

We are going to feel this in the draft I think.  We really need another WR and you normally find those kinds of guys like we need in the first round.  If not a WR we could use another o-lineman for sure but then again you can sometimes find those guys in rounds past the first round.

Yeah, if a Jordan Mathews and Mike Evans are available I'm going to vomit.

Brown was terrible his first few years as a Colt and the majority of fans didn't like that he was a first round pick then either.  Now Brown is starting to show some good form and everyone is scathing of TRich.  

I say give TRich a good year or two at least before we throw him on the trash heap.

Brown was terrible his first few years as a Colt and the majority of fans didn't like that he was a first round pick then either.  Now Brown is starting to show some good form and everyone is scathing of TRich.  

I say give TRich a good year or two at least before we throw him on the trash heap.

Kiwi....

There's no dealing him or releasing him

He's here for at least 2 years because of what we spent on him..

Its obvious our coaches would rather have him than Brown...(they acquired 2 guys to replace Brown) so if he stays healthy, he's got a job here...

But Cleveland clearly knew something when they traded him

I would also point at last years first round draft pick - he's not done anything to impress me so far with his strength or his speed and people haven't said much. We will pick later in this years draft I bet than last year. Consider players like Mathis who was taken in the sixth round. Teams are made from the total draft, not just the first round. T Rich was essentially booted to the curb and found out from friends listening to the radio. That has got to screw with a guys head. Brown was taken and kept by the Colts through some pretty non productive years and is finally years later showing us something.

That should be a lesson in why not to spend a 1st round pick on a RB, not as justification to do it again.

Two years ... are you serious? So basically by the time he starts playing decent all the savings we supposedly got from the Browns paying his bonus we are going to eat up on his second contract because his entire rookie contract was a waste???

I would also point at last years first round draft pick - he's not done anything to impress me so far with his strength or his speed and people haven't said much. We will pick later in this years draft I bet than last year. Consider players like Mathis who was taken in the sixth round. Teams are made from the total draft, not just the first round. T Rich was essentially booted to the curb and found out from friends listening to the radio. That has got to screw with a guys head. Brown was taken and kept by the Colts through some pretty non productive years and is finally years later showing us something.

I assume you are referring to Werner who was this years 1st round draft pick ... last years 1st round pick was Luck.

As far as Werner goes ... you can't compare a RB in his second year to a rookie who has only been has only been playing in the NFL for 6 months (part of which he was injured), and is learning a new position with a much steeper learning curve than RB.

I am not even a big fan of the Werner pick, and I think that's a horrible comparison. I am actually willing to give him a year or two to hopefully reach his potential.

Colts rushing statistics this season

Name/Carries/Yards/AVG.

Donald Brown          55       323     5.9

Trent Richardson      96       272     2.8

Andrew Luck            41     231     5.6

Ahmad Bradshaw    41       186     4.5

Vick Ballard            13     63       4.8

What stands out here to you guys?

Colts rushing statistics this season

Name/Carries/Yards/AVG.

Donald Brown 55 323 5.9

Trent Richardson 96 272 2.8

Andrew Luck 41 231 5.6

Ahmad Bradshaw 41 186 4.5

Vick Ballard 13 63 4.8

What stands out here to you guys?

But it's not Trent's fault!

*extreme sarcasm*

I don't think Trent is gonna work out here just because you can see the coaching staff is already losing faith in him (and with good reason). I think he's one of those backs that needs a full game of carries to get going. I wasn't a fan of the trade or Trent in general, but I do think he could run his way out of this rut. He'd have to have a feature role though where he's literally getting every carry. I don't see that happening now though because every other back we've had on this roster has outperformed him every week.

If you have to have a perfect storm in order for him to be even marginal, he's not worth the pick. Way to go Grigson. You've blown almost every move you've made this year. Time to go sit down and re-evaluate your vision and tactics to getting to that vision

Trent isn't clicking with the culture around this locker room yet (hence the "other story") and I just noticed it (as far as what we're aware of - he wasn't around for Chuckstrong and he's a 2 months in). He's being embraced by his team, but I don't think his head is right, right now. I'd bet a dollar that down the road he'll concede that point. 

He's depth for Donald Brown right now. The reality of this deal starts week one next season.

I couldn't agree more. He is in a tough situation. He's been loyal for team what shopped him like a cow. The feeling, he's been superfluous, must be hurting him (it would hurt me as well), understanding that this trade serves him better and getting comfortable with the situation are 2 different things. I think he doesn't feel comfortable yet. He must gel with other players and coaches. Then the choir, that he was a bust must be also frustrating for him.

He does his best, and I see "it" in him, just some time, and he will prove himself. Why not at the best time, in the PO?

Total bull i don't believe it. Donald Brown is getting most of the carries even on 3rd n and 1's. The coaches don't even trust Richardson to get a yard that's how bad it's getting.

Yah was very telling that they gave the ball to the FB on that late play - said aloud WOW they dont even trust him any more for 1 yard.   Guy must be getting very depressed - Luck was protecting him in the post game chat on the NFLN set when Irvin I think pointed out that the team had a different tempo when Brown was in there.  Luck said immediately that's not fair TR is really good too.  At this point it appears the Browns made a great move!   With all that said - I do hope he gets on track and becomes a great RB for the Colts!   Till then - go DB!

I feel for Colts fans.  You guys are seeing the same thing we saw here.  We defended TR left and right, saying it was the OL's fault, or the fact that we didn't have a QB that scared anyone, to open up the running game.  We also said "give TR a full training camp" because his first camp here, he was hurt.  Then his second camp here, he had a full training camp, but barely played for whatever reason.  But honestly, we expected much more.   

The bottom line is, he's too slow and he has poor RB vision.  LB's are faster than he is, so they get to him quickly.       

I would 100% do the trade again. T-Rich is  a beast.. He will be worth the trade, just be patient..

I remember when people on here wanted D. Brown gone...

Yeah and if he doesn't start performing until his contract year than we wasted another 1st round pick for a RB we could have gotten later in the draft.

I caught a message at the bottom of the screen as I was watching The NFL Network this morning and I think it read The Edge is working with  Richardson. Anyone hear anything about this?

I've read this article, Edge is dealing with T-Rich and trying to ease his situation.

quote:

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said that former Colts running back Edgerrin James has been mentoring Richardson in recent weeks.

"Listen, this kid's going through a lot," James told Silver. "His family is coming to town, he's adjusting to a new city and it's a new offense. Give him an offseason, you'll see him roll, you'll see the guy that everyone fell in love with out of Alabama."