Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

where are the people that say how much better of a blocker tr is over brown. did you see the complete wiff on pass protection today? i have to say i did see him make a nice cut on a running play and did a good job catching the ball, but there really should be more than that for a 1st round pick.

So he's supposed to carry the crap team play? I thought that's what our qb was supposed to do?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where are the people that say how much better of a blocker tr is over brown. did you see the complete wiff on pass protection today? i have to say i did see him make a nice cut on a running play and did a good job catching the ball, but there really should be more than that for a 1st round pick.

was that him or havilli? I couldn't tell.

Donald didnt look so great today so I don't get your soapbox

It doesn't work like that. Richardson wasn't supposed to block player 'A'. He was supposed to pick up the free rusher, and he missed him like the defender was invisible.

I yelled dammit Trent! 2 steps forward one step back. Just as he was looking good he got Luck killed. Frustrating!

who was that

John Q Smith..........hell I don't know. 

What I do know is that Havilli went left/middle and engaged the blitzer and Trent did the playaction, rolled right and ran right by the free rusher. This is something he's done in almost every game. 

I believe in Trent, I think he'll figure out the minutia of being an NFL back, but it's coming along really slow. 

No it was Richardson who whiffed very clearly, Havili went up to block Schaffer, Cherilus down blocked on the play which left Harrison free and Richardson 1 on 1 with Harrison and Havili 1 on 1 with Schaffer, Havili picked up his block, Richardson did not

No it was Richardson who whiffed very clearly, Havili went up to block Schaffer, Cherilus down blocked on the play which left Harrison free and Richardson 1 on 1 with Harrison and Havili 1 on 1 with Schaffer, Havili picked up his block, Richardson did not

thanks. Didn't want to go back. I trust your take

Brown had a 2.8 rushing average. Trent had a 3.3 rushing average. However, Trent's receiving average was tremendous. I guess his hands are his best asset. Who knew?

A lot of the catches came when the game was out of reach.  However, I wouldn't mind seeing Trent more in the passing game from here on out.

No it was Richardson who whiffed very clearly, Havili went up to block Schaffer, Cherilus down blocked on the play which left Harrison free and Richardson 1 on 1 with Harrison and Havili 1 on 1 with Schaffer, Havili picked up his block, Richardson did not

thanks. Didn't want to go back. I trust your take

i guess ruksak, newera, and i did have it right after all.

it's not the first time he has blown blocking assignments. looks like you can add "he's a better blocker" to list of things shown to be wrong that the tr fan club was touting. 

it's not the first time he has blown blocking assignments. looks like you can add "he's a better blocker" to list of things shown to be wrong that the tr fan club was touting. 

Meh, Hopefully he picks it up come the start of next season with a full offseason to study, Browns problems in blocking are the opposite, He knows who to block 9 times out of 10 but he gets bulled over by bigger Linebackers and D linemen sometimes

John Q Smith..........hell I don't know. 

What I do know is that Havilli went left/middle and engaged the blitzer and Trent did the playaction, rolled right and ran right by the free rusher. This is something he's done in almost every game. 

I believe in Trent, I think he'll figure out the minutia of being an NFL back, but it's coming along really slow. 

I do too, it's just taking him a little longer. I think he'll be good in the long run.

Browns problems in blocking are the opposite, He knows who to block 9 times out of 10 but he gets bulled over by bigger Linebackers and D linemen sometimes

agreed, i have said this since people started saying tr was a better blocker than brown. to be honest, the qb has to realize this and get rid of the ball with the extra second it takes to run brown over. you can't expect a small back to completely stop a db or lb.

agreed, i have said this since people started saying tr was a better blocker than brown. to be honest, the qb has to realize this and get rid of the ball with the extra second it takes to run brown over. you can't expect a small back to completely stop a db or lb.

Well there are certain things a smaller back can do if timed right, turn with the D Lineman or Linebacker using his momentum to guide him out of the way or if you time it right just go for the defensive players legs........although if you miss then that defender has a pretty clear shot at the QB

They should humble themselves and admit it was a horrible trade. I would respect the Colts Suites more if they would cut Trent sooner than later and not feel like they have to hold on to him because they gave up a first round pick. Like I've said before, Colts have had plenty of good Running Backs on the roster the last few yearAlmost t

Too funny to comment on

I went to Cincinnati this weekend and stayed at the same hotel as the Colts and ran into Trent Saturday night. My wife asked if he was on IR because she hasn't seen him on the field the last couple weeks, I almost couldn't jump in and cut her off quick enough because you could see the comment bothered him. He said he's been dealing with a lot of stuff on and off the field this year, and lets be honest he probably doesn't really know the playbook like he should and it might just take him a lot more time to get him up to speed with what our offense is all about. IMO It wont be this year. He showed a few big plays yesterday and I still believe in this kids future 150%  

Booing him at home and ridiculous stuff like that won't help him become the player we need him to be. Trent is a good person and wants to succeed and he said this offseason he is going to go at it like a beast and prove to everyone that he is a top 5 NFL back. Do not bet against him Colts fans!  :blueshoe:  

I went to Cincinnati this weekend and stayed at the same hotel as the Colts and ran into Trent Saturday night. My wife asked if he was on IR because she hasn't seen him on the field the last couple weeks, I almost couldn't jump in and cut her off quick enough because you could see the comment bothered him. He said he's been dealing with a lot of stuff on and off the field this year, and lets be honest he probably doesn't really know the playbook like he should and it might just take him a lot more time to get him up to speed with what our offense is all about. IMO It wont be this year. He showed a few big plays yesterday and I still believe in this kids future 150%  

Booing him at home and ridiculous stuff like that won't help him become the player we need him to be. Trent is a good person and wants to succeed and he said this offseason he is going to go at it like a beast and prove to everyone that he is a top 5 NFL back. Do not bet against him Colts fans!  :blueshoe:  

Your wife really said that to him?

I like Trent.

He is a great blocker and rarely misses assignments. He obviously needs more time to fully learn the playbook and soak up all the nuances of our offence, but all things considered I honestly don't think he has played too badly. He is starting to shake off a lot of tackles and burst for some yardage. He has been great catching the ball and is a real valuable asset to our pass protection.

Obviously he is a RB though and the yards per carry and consequently yards per game needs to increase, but that will come with time. He is on his 3rd offence in less than 2 years for gods sake.... He spent his whole rookie season learning one playbook just to have that thrown out the window at the end of last season and learnt an ENTIRELY new one in OTA's and the preseason. He then had to throw that one out the window as well when he joined us and learn ANOTHER playbook and scheme... oh, and he had to start games for us at the same time as well... not even a single week to sit and absorb information... It was inevitable that he was going to struggle... I think it is best that he is backing up D. Brown to be used in a limited capacity that he is more comfortable with so that he can be effective AND learn the playbook at a comfortable rate so that he actually LEARNS it... Give him the off-season and I bet you he comes in next season like a bat out of hell, supposing the offensive scheme stays the same. (which for the record I think it should).

In summary, give T Rich time and he will produce....

Bradshaw is still traveling with the team and someone like him needs to show Trent the ins and outs of film study, game prep, play book, and everything else that comes with being a starting RB in the NFL. IMO I think he needs to lose some of the bulk and get just a little quicker. Even next year this O-line will not be elite and being a little quicker to the crease wont hurt his game. Carrying a ton of bulk does help but is not needed in the NFL. Charles, McCoy are just a few examples 

i never said you didn't.  i was asking the question.  hadnt had a chance to watch the game again

but trich is a better blocker than dbrown

every great rb's miss blocking assignments from time to time