Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Waiting Game

PrincetonTiger

123 members have voted

1. 1. What will be next move by the Colts

• Release of someone else
    • Signing off the Practice Squad(Rogers,Whalen, or Cunningham)
    • Blockbuster Trade
    • Street FA signing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I voted practice squad. But with Ryan Grigson as your GM, you just never know.

He could easily find a CFL gem like he did with Freeman. I'll just play the wait & see game. Can't predict Mr. Grigson

My question is...if Grigson was going to activate a PS player, why wouldn't he have already done it?  Unless Whalen and Rogers are competing in a game of table tennis for the job.

I figure there hasn't been a PS promotion because Grigs is testing the trade market & evaluating available FA's... He's probably just checking out his options...

A solid CFL guy could be interesting, just call up the best available WR from the CFL, from Saskatoon to Indy, what a move!!!

The nice thing about any CFL guy they bring up is that they would be game ready, in the sense that the CFL season starts so much earlier than the NFL season...

If it was just a promotion it would have happen by now(IMO)

My question is...if Grigson was going to activate a PS player, why wouldn't he have already done it? Unless Whalen and Rogers are competing in a game of table tennis for the job.

Well you gotta remember, Pagano gave thr guys this whole week off. So it'd be kinda pointless to tell Griff Whalen or Rogers that they're on the roster now when they can't go to practice the next day due to the break. But a trade could be looming. Like I said, I'm not predicting Grigson cause there's no telling what he'll do

If they believe that there is the possibility of a trade or something through FA, then there is no need to make unnecessary moves from the PS, as those moves could be made early next week when practice resumes.

So I see it as "wait and see" right now.

I heard on NFL AM that Nicks could possibly be had with a 5th rounder. although i would prefer to keep our draft picks I think we may need to try and offer something like 5th or lower for Nicks.

the Giants would get a 3rd round compensation pick if he became a FA. No way they let him go for a 5th.

My question is...if Grigson was going to activate a PS player, why wouldn't he have already done it?  Unless Whalen and Rogers are competing in a game of table tennis for the job.

It's odd though, we have 4 active wide receivers if you count Reed.  Has Reed even taken any snaps at WR?  

Can't believe we'd go into a game with a depth chart looking like that.

My question is...if Grigson was going to activate a PS player, why wouldn't he have already done it? Unless Whalen and Rogers are competing in a game of table tennis for the job.

what's the rush? they are on a bye. I'm sure he is checking into every scenario. But there is no hurry to promote at this point

Due diligence time. The way Grigs operates, I'm assuming he's busy turning over every rock he can, checking out trade options, FA options, and bench/practice squad options to figure out what he thinks will help this team the most. There is no need for him to act too quickly (beyond the looming trade deadline and/or the Rams game), so I'd rather see him stay busy turning over those rocks.

I was calling for Ramses Bardin throughout the offseason, so for purposes of consistency, I'll root for picking him up now. I remain convinced that he could be special.

No hurry, they don't have any scheduled practice this week.  I imagine Grigs is scouring the FA market, CFL and making a few trade calls to be sure there isn't something out there.  We are very limited by Salary Cap so that is another problem. If he activates Griff for example from the PS, and then a deal comes thru, we end up having to wavie Griff, he would then have to clear waviers again before we could put him back on the PS.  Thus rushing to move someone up is risky and if I rememebr right there are only so many times you can be brought up and then wavied and reassigned to the PS.  I would expect a move by Monday, either way.  I do have confience that our other players will step up, including the defense.  And.... Reggie isn't dead, he will be there, mentoring all and chewing on anyone who lets down!  GO COLTS!

Guest TeamLoloJones

No hurry, they don't have any scheduled practice this week.  I imagine Grigs is scouring the FA market, CFL and making a few trade calls to be sure there isn't something out there.  We are very limited by Salary Cap so that is another problem. If he activates Griff for example from the PS, and then a deal comes thru, we end up having to wavie Griff, he would then have to clear waviers again before we could put him back on the PS.  Thus rushing to move someone up is risky and if I rememebr right there are only so many times you can be brought up and then wavied and reassigned to the PS.  I would expect a move by Monday, either way.  I do have confience that our other players will step up, including the defense.  And.... Reggie isn't dead, he will be there, mentoring all and chewing on anyone who lets down!  GO COLTS!

That was kind of my point.  Grigson must be at least trying to do something before calling up Whalen or Rogers.  Or like someone said earlier, so we don't have to pay them the extra money for being on the active roster.  That's also probably why he already released Hughes and Jones, he was going to do it eventually, might as well do it now so you don't have to pay them over the bye week.

I think the Colts are pursuing trades but the likelihood is small and when nothing happens by next Monday they will elevate PS player(s) and or potentially bring in 1 F.A. perhaps not a WR but a TE, a FB, or a RB. I suspect they might double down on playing the jumbo packages even more and trying to run even more. Perhaps they will line up more frequently in jumbos and then shift Fleener more into the slot as a third receiver (as they did with Dallas).

I think the Colts are pursuing trades but the likelihood is small and when nothing happens by next Monday they will elevate PS player(s) and or potentially bring in 1 F.A. perhaps not a WR but a TE, a FB, or a RB. I suspect they might double down on playing the jumbo packages even more and trying to run even more. Perhaps they will line up more frequently in jumbos and then shift Fleener more into the slot as a third receiver (as they did with Dallas).

The Colts need a TE

I figure there hasn't been a PS promotion because Grigs is testing the trade market & evaluating available FA's... He's probably just checking out his options...

A solid CFL guy could be interesting, just call up the best available WR from the CFL, from Saskatoon to Indy, what a move!!!

The nice thing about any CFL guy they bring up is that they would be game ready, in the sense that the CFL season starts so much earlier than the NFL season...

This is what I'm thinking too. I figure he's checking all available options knowing that Whalen or Rogers can be called up if nothing better works out.

the Giants would get a 3rd round compensation pick if he became a FA. No way they let him go for a 5th.

Compensatory picks are never a guarantee and nearly impossible to predict.  There's no way to say they'd definitely get a 3rd rounder for Nicks walking in FA.  They could very easily sign a FA that would cancel out the loss of Nicks thereby giving them nothing in terms of compensatory picks for him.