Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Boyett Arrested

GoColts8818

This is just really disappointing.       How dang hard can it be to STAY OUT OF TROUBLE?

IMO, this entitled little puck needs to hit the waiver wire for a dose of reality.

Can't miss what you never had... 

Brazill, DaRick, Boyett?  ...    hey Grigs...  tighten it up.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and it is a strong belief of many (over the years), that is when he started to look hard at players character very closely. 

just a little list of players arrested under Polian:

Mcafee

Moala

John Gill

Taj Smith

Darell Reid(twice)

Ed Johnson

Kenton Kieth

Dominic Rhodes(twice)

DeDe Dorsey

Nick Harper

Mike Doss

Joseph Jefferson(3 times)

all from his Colts era and thats not all the list goes on, it just somewhat went unnoticed because it was before twitter and Polian didn't talk to the media

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/?appSession=79264323141452&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=&cpipage=1&CPISortType=&CPIorderBy=

It doesn't have to be annoying.     Set the example Grigs.   This team's culture is turning.     The "vets" will be gone in a year or two, who will be our leaders when Mathis, Wayne, and Redding are gone?   This is a very young team.

If this is accepted, this is a little troubling to me.

What a dummy. This kind of stuff is really annoying to me. 

It doesn't have to be annoying.     Set the example Grigs.   This team's culture is turning.     The "vets" will be gone in a year or two, who will be our leaders when Mathis, Wayne, and Redding are gone?   This is a very young team.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the culture of the team. And I don't necessarily think Boyett is a bad person. I just think it's really dumb to get yourself in trouble like this, especially with the "you can't arrest me" nonsense. 

Luck, Castonzo, Hilton, DA, Holmes, Werner, Freeman, Chapman, etc....let's not overreact

They cut him off at the bar because he was so drunk.

For all the rubes here who apparently have never been around drinkers, people who are very drunk commonly say the craziest stuff. And often don`t remember it.

The circumstances do matter, and this KID can fix this type of issue.

Maybe our owner can hang out with him.

I think he's too promising a player to just cut because of one incident. Solid deep cover safety, good tackler. Most likely a serious special teams weapon, I like him as a possible gunner in our punt/kick coverage teams.

He got to sleep it off in the drunk tank. He'll get a stern talking to from some of the veteran leaders on defense like Redding, Bethea and Mathis. He hasn't got a history (that I know of). I say give him a mulligan, make sure he works hard even if he's not on the field, and let him know that if it happens again he's done.

You can have a good time, just keep it out of the papers.

Somewhere Bill Polian is smiling. He did have a knack at keeping this stuff to a minimum. Sometimes the risk of taking character problems turn out to be an issue. 

Kenton Keith?  Dominic Rhodes?  Darrell Reid?  Montae Reagor? Mike Doss? Nick Harper's knee?

I know I'm missing a bunch too...

I don't know if this has anything to do with the culture of the team. And I don't necessarily think Boyett is a bad person. I just think it's really dumb to get yourself in trouble like this, especially with the "you can't arrest me" nonsense.

Some people just shouldn't drink. I really doubt his decision making is that bad when sober, some people become complete * after several drinks. " can't arrest me " stuff is the alcohol talking. At this point he should know he can't handle alcohol though.

I once got drunk and claimed to be a fighter. The other guy convinced me that I am not... Look, we've all been there, he just has to learn from it.

Umm, no we all haven't been there buddy

I'm 19 and haven't consumed any alcohol or tobacco products. And have no criminal history so yeah don't speak for all of us.

I just enjoy my apple juice, Colts football & video games :D

Umm, no we all haven't been there buddy

I'm 19 and haven't consumed any alcohol or tobacco products. And have no criminal history so yeah don't speak for all of us.

I just enjoy my apple juice, Colts football & video games :D

We wont likely know, The Colts will likely be very tight lipped about it but considering players get fined 2000 bucks for just being a few SECONDS late for meetings Im 100 percent sure the Colts are not taking this lightly whatsoever, even if we think they are

We wont likely know, The Colts will likely be very tight lipped about it but considering players get fined 2000 bucks for just being a few SECONDS late for meetings Im 100 percent sure the Colts are not taking this lightly whatsoever, even if we think they are

My thing is we took a chance on him. Basically gave him a pass that he won't have to play. (The Chapman treatment as I call it). All he had to do was rehab and study the playbook to prepare for next year. Is that hard?

My thing is we took a chance on him. Basically gave him a pass that he won't have to play. (The Chapman treatment as I call it). All he had to do was rehab and study the playbook to prepare for next year. Is that hard?

No and Im sure the coaches are letting him know that, He is expendable no question about it but he has talent so you talk to him, see what his mind set is after this and set guidelines for him that he has to follow and if they are broken no big deal ya cut him. 2 knees operated on no OTA's/TC and likely going to be on the shelf for the year with Howell stepping up its no big deal...I really think Howell is coming into his own, he played instinctive and faster this preseason. I believe he will continue to develop and just might be Betheas eventual replacement if Howell continues along the track he set out on this preseason