Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Boyett Arrested

GoColts8818

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not my point. My point is we have all been young and made decisions that weren't in our best interest. You too, young grasshopper, will become in situations or have circumstances from which you will grow from. It doesn't have to be drug or alcohol related. The important thing is to learn from it.

Umm, no we all haven't been there buddy

I'm 19 and haven't consumed any alcohol or tobacco products. And have no criminal history so yeah don't speak for all of us.

I just enjoy my apple juice, Colts football & video games :D

What an *  and I am so sick of these football players, basketball players, and Hollywood celebs playing  do you know who I am? Like the police will let them off. Cut him we don't need him, Sad, but we don't need any character issues.

People excuse too much.

He knew he was an NFL player when he drank his way into jail..didn't he?

Why would he stop if you excuse him?

getting drunk isn't illegal. A very large percentage of adults in the world do it quite often

True.   However, one of the charges he's facing is "public intoxication" and "disorderly conduct"   and then there's  Threatening a Police Officer,  I believe he threatened to come back and break his jaw...??  

Dumb, dumb, dumb   any way you look at it....   Drunk or Not.   

have you been to college yet?

Been to college, also partied @ OSU, Bloomington, Ball State and Lafayette.  I don't recall ever stiff arming any cops and running from the police.  I probably was worse in high school than college however.  I still know plenty of party people and can't recall them getting into any physical and verbal altercations with cops.  Threatening law enforcement isn't really in your typical average everyday college regiment.  Drinking, sure perhaps an occasional scuffle sure. 

The biggest alteration I got into was getting into it with a very obnoxious bouncer, after the altercation an officer came up to us and told us to leave now before we got arrested and I obliged, wasn't a very difficult decision to make at all. 

Threatening law enforcement, or pulling a Joe Lefeged running around with firearms wasted running from law enforcement really isn't typical of a your average person. 

Lol, he said "You can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player!

That has be one of the funniest, but dumbest things I've heard said to a police officer.

Cop: Sir....I'm sorry you're under arrest.

Boyett: You can't arrest me I play for the Colts!!

Cop: Offense or Defense?

Boyett: Defense!!

Cop: Sir....I'm sorry, you're under arrest.

The good news: our veteran/rookie mentoring program is proving to be extremely effective.

The bad news: Boyett was taken under wing by Joe Lefeged.

Clearly, the program works. Now, let's just hope they're smart enough make sure Da'Rick is attached to Reggie and not Brazill.   :)

lol

really?, i recall 4 players arrested on alcohol related charges in the same year Pat Mcafee was arrested

According to the police report, McAfee was asked whether he was swimming in the canal and answered, "I am not sure." When he was asked why he was wet, McAfee responded, "It was raining." When he was asked where his shirt was, McAfee said, "In the water." And when he was asked how much he had to drink, McAfee said, "A lot 'cause I'm drunk."

Not surprisingly, the Colts found no humor in it. They've now had four players arrested on alcohol-related charges this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706081

I laugh everytime I read the report... Classic :funny:

Been to college, also partied @ OSU, Bloomington, Ball State and Lafayette.  I don't recall ever stiff arming any cops and running from the police.  I probably was worse in high school than college however.  I still know plenty of party people and can't recall them getting into any physical and verbal altercations with cops.  Threatening law enforcement isn't really in your typical average everyday college regiment.  Drinking, sure perhaps an occasional scuffle sure. 

The biggest alteration I got into was getting into it with a very obnoxious bouncer, after the altercation an officer came up to us and told us to leave now before we got arrested and I obliged, wasn't a very difficult decision to make at all. 

Threatening law enforcement, or pulling a Joe Lefeged running around with firearms wasted running from law enforcement really isn't typical of a your average person. 

Alcohol affects everyone differently.

Kenton Keith? Dominic Rhodes? Darrell Reid? Montae Reagor? Mike Doss? Nick Harper's knee?

I know I'm missing a bunch too...

Ed Johnson was a big one. Sweet Pea Burns was another as was McAfee, heck Keith even dropped the same i am colts player line too. When you have a 53 man roster you are always going to have a knuckle head or two. With that said Grigson and Pagano do seem more willing to take chances on them than Polian or Dungy. Still as has been pointed out Polian and Dungy had knuckle heads too.

Ed Johnson was a big one. Sweet Pea Burns was another as was McAfee, heck Keith even dropped the same i am colts player line too. When you have a 53 man roster you are always going to have a knuckle head or two. With that said Grigson and Pagano do seem more willing to take chances on them than Polian or Dungy. Still as has been pointed out Polian and Dungy had knuckle heads too.

I thought Darrel Reid did the same thing as well.

Alcohol affects everyone differently.

Of course, but if people turn aggressive and violent while drinking, it probabaly would be wise for them to just not drink at all. Doesn't make it any less ok. Drinking is not a good excuse to beating ones wife and kid, physically confront law enforcement or starting random fights at clubs with people who aren't even doing anything.

Of course, but if people turn aggressive and violent while drinking, it probabaly would be wise for them to just not drink at all. Doesn't make it any less ok. Drinking is not a good excuse to beating ones wife and kid, physically confront law enforcement or starting random fights at clubs with people who aren't even doing anything.

Completely agree.

It's easy to knee jerk, I know I do sometiimes. We should leave this discission to the team, I trust they know best. It would be a good thing to see more of the players act responsible. Maybe a fine and leadership will help him. Just my thoughts . :blueshoe: 

How come our safeties can't outrun cops?

He did.  Drunk as crap it took four officers to stop him.

Seriously disappointed I met him at mini camp really nice kid.  Hopefully another team can look past getting drunk and acting stupid.  Easy choice when the player is on the injured list.

Didn't we have another player that made one drunken mistake and has since been a model player and person?

He did.  Drunk as crap it took four officers to stop him.

Seriously disappointed I met him at mini camp really nice kid.  Hopefully another team can look past getting drunk and acting stupid.  Easy choice when the player is on the injured list.

Didn't we have another player that made one drunken mistake and has since been a model player and person?

Howell made the kid expendable