John Boyett Arrested

GoColts8818

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha  this made me :lol:   

now to be serious,  another sad situation...    Why does this keep happening   :dunno:   You'd think they'd know better by now.

To me this is simply a result of our entitlement society and lack of family values. Too often young men growing up without a true father figure or male role model to show them how a "real man" is suppose to act and behave. By the time they get to high school they are getting passes from teachers and coaches for what they can do on the field and it just grows through college where they never have to even go to class or be held to the same standards as everyone else. Then you give them money in the NFL and title of pro football player and the ones without the proper education and support system and no moral compass simply fall into these situations when they are held accountable by a real authority figure. Surprisingly the Colts have had a fairly clean program for a long time but it seems we are having our share of the nfl trend now. I mean we aren't the Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders of the 2000's but we are certainly resembling the avg football team that is for sure.

I'd like to know more about why he got arrested for the altercation first, was he drinkin? why was he drinkin? is he still struggling with his late sisters passing? There is a process you have to go through when this happens. Was he just being a bone head?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the article

Jeesh I didn't know Boyett went that far with it until I read the report.  He certainly put himself into a quandry with that incident. I was looking forward to seeing the time when he is able to play.  He's trying to shorten that opportunity with this kind of stuff.

Somewhere Bill Polian is smiling. He did have a knack at keeping this stuff to a minimum. Sometimes the risk of taking character problems turn out to be an issue. 

really?, i recall 4 players arrested on alcohol related charges in the same year Pat Mcafee was arrested

According to the police report, McAfee was asked whether he was swimming in the canal and answered, "I am not sure." When he was asked why he was wet, McAfee responded, "It was raining." When he was asked where his shirt was, McAfee said, "In the water." And when he was asked how much he had to drink, McAfee said, "A lot 'cause I'm drunk."

Not surprisingly, the Colts found no humor in it. They've now had four players arrested on alcohol-related charges this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706081

really?, i recall 4 players arrested on alcohol related charges in the same year Pat Mcafee was arrested

According to the police report, McAfee was asked whether he was swimming in the canal and answered, "I am not sure." When he was asked why he was wet, McAfee responded, "It was raining." When he was asked where his shirt was, McAfee said, "In the water." And when he was asked how much he had to drink, McAfee said, "A lot 'cause I'm drunk."

Not surprisingly, the Colts found no humor in it. They've now had four players arrested on alcohol-related charges this year.

Look at Polian's entire tenure and it is easy to see that we had good character players. It was important to Polian in the draft process. Sure we had "some" issues. We will see more issues as we become more aggressive in finding players, because we are taking more chances. 

mcafee was arrested a few years ago, not this year

Look at Polian's entire tenure and it is easy to see that we had good character players. It was important to Polian in the draft process. Sure we had "some" issues. We will see more issues as we become more aggressive in finding players, because we are taking more chances. 

Bill Polian drafted Rae Carruth in the 1st round