Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I know a win's a win

BProland85

But this by no means was impressive just by reading the stats. I will go back and watch the game on NFL game rewind since I cant view the games down in Tennessee.

But Im hoping we have some better offensive performances than this. Cleveland was supposed to have a horrible pass defense. And hopefully our pass defense improves so we dont give up 250 yards and 2 TDs to a rookie QB in Weeden.

Just because Luck didn't throw for 300 yards and 2 TDs doesn't mean it wasn't a good offensive performance. We ran the ball down their throats and put up points in the 1st half. We slowed in the 2nd half because we were running quite well and we had the lead. There were mistakes here and there but they are all young. We'll get better.

Outside of Luck's fumble and missing the opportunity to put it away on that drive, they played it pretty well. The game could have gone either way, but I'll take it(thank you, open roof).

Quite honestly, I didn't expect this team to be .500 at this point.

Winning games in the NFL isn't easy. The Browns have been playing well lately too. I'll take the win.

That's what's getting lost a bit I feel. The Browns don't have a good record by any means, but they have been playing good football.

Before we get too happy saying we ran the ball down thier throats, lets remember they have very bad defense so its nothing to get too excited over. It may be a building block but thats it. Overall It was a win but it seemed we struggled far more than we should have. We barley pulled it out. Ill take the W though.

Ballard wont be the starter when Brown is healthy unless Ballard progress ALOT in pass protection, His pass protection is not good enough as evidenced by the sack he gave up, lets not forget he actually got 20 carries to, more then Brown has got in any game he has started, I love Ballards running style but Brown just offers more at this point especially once you factor Arians style of play

We be thankful we aren't playing by soccer rules and that how many goals scored determines who goes to the postseason.

We ran the ball well with Carter and Ballard for almost 150.

Luck had no INTs and ran for two TDs.

Defense held Richardson to 8 yards running on 8 carries. A week after we let the Jets run over 200 yards against us.

Let's just enjoy the fact that Luck just had to manage the game for the first time and we won.

The offense became conservative again. We are lucky Gordon dropped the TD.

The colts played smart football... luck wasnt very accurate today and his passes would stop the clock. Im starting to think ppl here dont know what conservative means.

But this by no means was impressive just by reading the stats. I will go back and watch the game on NFL game rewind since I cant view the games down in Tennessee.

But Im hoping we have some better offensive performances than this. Cleveland was supposed to have a horrible pass defense. And hopefully our pass defense improves so we dont give up 250 yards and 2 TDs to a rookie QB in Weeden.

It was an ugly "W" for sure but a "W" nonetheless. I'll take it and head into next week 3-3. We defintiely need to tighten up our defense on 3rd down and lack of pass rush going forward. Offense is slumping lately but I am not too concerned as I expect we will be up and down as Luck goes through his growing pains.

On the positive side, the defense did a good job against the run today. Luck's mobility was an asset in the red zone and produced 2 rushing TD's. Colts defense got big stops when they needed it most. Ballard was much better running the ball today.

We ran the ball and stopped the run. As a fan base, we've complained about not being able to do that for years. We finally did, and with backups at RB and on the D-line, no less. No smoke, no mirrors, no tricks necessary. There's plenty we could nitpick about, but this is one of our most encouraging games of the year so far.

We pass too much and not enough run. - People complain.

We run the ball for WELL over 100 yards. - People complain.

Yes I would of loved a TD through the air, and Luck to have another 20-30 yards passing, but we won a tough game.

It's always a tough game when we play Cleveland. I seem to remember Peyton's last few bouts against them being tough contests.

Settle down all. The sky didn't fall. If anything it rose today.

I just thought of all the teams we play this year, this was our best chance to win by an impressive margin and we didnt do it. That worries me a little but I'll get over it.

With the team we had in 2006/7, we should have beaten the Bears in the SB by about 30 points. We should give the trophy back. There some real *ic posts within this thread.

We won. Don't complain, man!

The rookie "excuse" will continue to show up, because it is VALID!!!

In the off-season most of this forum agreed that it would be a roller-coaster year, instead these threads with bashing every performance come up after the game each week.

We freaking won the game and stand at .500.

I'm excited.