Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

after this game what are your new season predictions for the colts? (resurrected)

Stephen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-9 but only because we have a ridiculously easy schedule. But then again I thought the Jets were reasonably easy. A team with not 1 but 2 aggressively mediocre QBs, an injured No1 receiver, a decent but not great RB, almost no pass rush and a defence without its best player. I am leaving myself a lot of wiggle room until I see us against the Browns.

I don't really think this game changes anything. This is what last week's game would have looked like if not for our second half adjustments. We just couldn't get anything going this time. Luck was off, the line couldn't produce any run gains, and the defense didn't come alive like we needed it to. Last week was an exhilarating win, but just one game. This week was a demoralizing beatdown, but just one loss.

Hopefully 6 more wins somewhere for 8-8. Play like today and 4 maybe. Seems to me the team know they played ugly and need to work hard to improve in nearly every phase. Reggie Wayne decided to stay with this team after last year's disaster, but I feel for him after having to watch and be in a game like this. He's sick and tired of it and when shown today on the bench, could almost read his mind!

I'd guess the Colts will probably drop 2, maybe 3 more at home, and will find a way to win a couple on the road. I was inclined to say somewhere one game either side of 500 during the offseason, and I still think that's realistic. Most likely 7-9.

Nothing has changed..

At the start of the year..I think ALL of us thought we'd beat Jax and Minnesota and lose to GB, NY and the Bears....to be 2-3

We are exactly where we should be at 2-3. We had a bad day. Hopefully nobody else got hurt

Keep hope alive.

This is actually true mark. Many thought we would be 2-1 heading into the bye. Then Rodgers beats us down and then the Colts struggle on the road in Rex Ryan land.

Football does not follow a script. So instead we blew it vs. Blaine Gabbert and punked the Pack. But, punking the Pack made people get too high and now we are back down to Earth again.

On the plus side, this team has bounced back from losses well so far.

Today was a big learning experience. Hope they can bounce back next week, at this point I would just like to see the team continue to improve, learn how to win on the road and stay competitive. We definetly have some key pieces in place, with better players on both lines next year, I think we can really be good. We will be a better team in the second half of the season so I say anywhere from 6-10 wins according to how much we improve in the second half of the season.

Are you guys gonna do this every week? Lol

No...because after we go through a 3 or 4 game losing streak they will finally figure out they are who we thought they were.....a 5-11 team with a top 10 pick in next years draft. We got thrown the biggest bone in the history after being down 21-3 to GB last week who all they had to do was run it down our throats but they don't have the team for that. We let teams push us around...always have but now we don't have an offense to wipe away the mistakes. We will win a game here or there but we are experiencing what pain truely is. Last year we were hopeless...this year we have hope but a very young, inconsistant, and ultimately too talentless a team to win many games. We are spoiled and don't know any better. We don't know what it feels like to build a team like SF and you guys did over time and go through that pain of losses...growing from not achieving expectations and ultimately the feeling of success from hard years of progress. We now are the Jacksonvilles of the league but living on the memory of christmas past. Luckily we have a great qb to build a foundation around and hopefully will put together a team with toughness and personality that in a few years we will be able to compete for a division title. No...the fans will get it in a few weeks and then a win won't make us think we are a playoff team and a loss won't mean the world is falling.

A lot of us know we aren't a very good team. We have some good players to build around but this isn't the NBA...you can't win with just a couple stars...you need a team doing their job to be consistant and successful. We are going to get our 4,5 or 6 wins and hopefully be jubilant in the growth that we show in taking those steps...but I don't think we will get overly up or down....as for the rest....they don't understand the game enough to better and that is a large majority of fans of any franchise that just because they watch football every week think they understand the game. Luckily we don't have a ton of those here...thats why I enjoy this site.

I can say we won't win the Super Bowl this season.

Whoa there wait wait wait wait now!!! Just because they get smashed by the Jets 5,024,828 to 9 and are 2-3, there's no reason to think they wont't dominate and win the SB this year. I say there's still a 93.1% chance they win out, this was just a game of ninja tactics and deceptive domination just to fool everyone into thinking they're bad.

It's all part of the plan.

Whoa there wait wait wait wait now!!! Just because they get smashed by the Jets 5,024,828 to 9 and are 2-3, there's no reason to think they wont't dominate and win the SB this year. I say there's still a 93.1% chance they win out, this was just a game of ninja tactics and deceptive domination just to fool everyone into thinking they're bad.

It's all part of the plan.

Agree. I think this was a way to bring us back down to earth after the Packers game. And we can afford to drop one since so many AFC teams are doing the same.

Very clever on the part of Arians and Irsay to cook this one up.

Now we will beat the Browns and everyone will have us back in the big game again. :disco:

Oh, who knows. The AFC stinks. If the Broncos beat the Chargers tomorrow, there will be 7 teams tied for 3rd in the AFC at 3-3. Plus Indy and Pittsburgh at 2-3. But no matter what happens tomorrow night, we're still only half a game out of the wild card.

Oh, who knows. The AFC stinks. If the Broncos beat the Chargers tomorrow, there will be 7 teams tied for 3rd in the AFC at 3-3. Plus Indy and Pittsburgh at 2-3. But no matter what happens tomorrow night, we're still only half a game out of the wild card.

Thats pretty sad actually. lmao