Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

after this game what are your new season predictions for the colts? (resurrected)

Stephen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not real good. I predicted this game and you can look at my posts to see that. I am predicting bleakness for the games ahead. I mean look at Cleveland (some say a sure win?)., really? How are we going to stop T. Richardson? It's like trying to stop a cavity without getting a filling, you cant. -- especially if you're us. Going to be a long season. let's get some draft picks, Luck has a long way to go. Phil Simms personally picked this game to broadcast even though it didn't have the big-time flashy teams and bit power rankings, he wanted to see Luck and see what everybody has been talking about. Well,he got a rude awakening. It's ok, in 2 to 3 years we will possibly be as good as Ravens, 49ers, Steelers, Patriots, Atlanta, or even maybe Cardinals. I think the sky is the limit if we get draft picks.

Im not concerned with wins and losses anymore, with todays' loss we are only 2-3 anyway for those keeping track, I just want to see the team improve and get better and upgrades made at some positions and go from there

It's hard to say what any improvements will mean because the team will look a lot different next year.

I've predicted 4-6 wins and I "call" it...

i agree

We shall forget the word 'winnable" this season. This is a rookie team with thin depth. Only God knows what happens in a game. With both Mathis and Freeney, out we lost the axe of D...Redding is injured too...Don't expect any win in near future!

I have not really wavered on my view of this team. The Packers game was a big win, but we got help from key injuries to the Packers and the emotional lift. I am not going to get down to low either with this loss because most teams coming off such an emotional win have a letdown game.

We are what we have always been. We are a young and inconsistent team and will be one all year long. Any talk of playoffs is just to much optimism and you are setting yourself up to be severely disappointed, but that is what fans do. They get way to high after a win and get to low after a loss.

I can see us being 6-11 or 6-10 this season.

My prediction all along has been 6-10 and i would be thrilled with that. Trippling your win total in one year is not a bad start. Nothing so far has changed my mind. We lost a game i thought we would win versus the Jags, but then won one i thought was a sure loss against the Pack. We are right where i thought we would be after 5 games.

My prediction all along has been 6-10 and i would be thrilled with that. Trippling your win total in one year is not a bad start. Nothing so far has changed my mind. We lost a game i thought we would win versus the Jags, but then won one i thought was a sure loss against the Pack. We are right where i thought we would be after 5 games.

Not to mention the fact that the game against the Jets would have been a win, but turned into a loss.

Prior to the season, I looked at our team, the schedule and predicted 3-13. I was beginning to hope for better after the GB game, but yesterday we looked very much like a 3-13 team. Our weaknesses have not gone away, our lack of depth just keeps getting worse through injuries.

Here was my reasoning:

Andrew Luck = the second coming of Peyton Manning

Peyton's first year = 3-13

As a total roster, this team is weaker than the Colts were during Peyton's first year.

I thought we would lose all of our road games and still believe that is true.

I thought we would win 3 home games and still believe that is true even though we lost one I thought we would win and won one I thought we would lose.

Finally, I have seen nothing to change that view. I still am a die hard fan, watched every minute of the games so far, but I believe I am willing to evaluate the team in a totally honest manner, not just look at it through blue tinged glasses.

If we beat the Browns this forum will be flying high again. Thats how we operate here and thats how the Colts operate; a roller coaster ride.

Last week before were making playoff scenarios and through the entire bye week were calling this one of the worst teams they ever saw.

Now everyone is down in the dumps again.

If we beat the Browns this forum will be flying high again. Thats how we operate here and thats how the Colts operate; a roller coaster ride.

Last week before were making playoff scenarios and through the entire bye week were calling this one of the worst teams they ever saw.

Now everyone is down in the dumps again.

agreed

There was quite of few of us that independently picked 5-11 before the season. From what I can tell, not a single one of them, including myself, have wavered from that prediction, no matter the great and poor games were that have transpired.

Too many rookies that can make rookie mistakes at crucial times. And too many players getting knocked out of games. Wee need more talent and depth. This could take a couple years, but I hop we get bette in draft and F.A. signings next year.

Even thinking about the Colts making the playoffs is just laughable.. You can't have seen much of the games this season if you think that's a viable scenario.

You must not have seen the rest of the AFC/

Except for Houston and Baltimore.....everyone in the AFC in the . 500

.and if the Colts win Sunday, they're .500

8-8 or 7-9. Looking at their remaining schedule, to me the likely range of possibility is 6-10 to 9-7, but I lean toward the two records between that outer range. I am hopeful that I will be pleasantly surprised, though. The next three games are key. If they go worse than 2-1, then things are looking bleak. Go 2-1 or better and then suddenly a wildcard spot becomes a realistic, if not overly optimistic, possibility.

Keys to success is avoid further key injuries, get the offensive line stabilized, shore up the run defense, and further development of Andrew Luck, specifically regarding his accuracy. His completion percentage is way too low right now, but one might surmise his accuracy will significantly improve is the offensive line's pass blocking can improve. Hence, to me the biggest factor in success from this point forward is improvement of the offensive line coupled with Luck's better accuracy. Put run defense down as third most important.

My prediction is Luck misses 4 games.

There is no doubt that our line is going to get Luck hurt at some point this season. That is why I thought waiving Harnish was a mistake. Unless we get to put him on the ps. But, if he doesnt get hurt some how, I will say 5 maybe 6 wins. That is what I thought at the beginning of the season. Lets look at the schedule. We will not win in Jacksonville. We will not win either Texans games. We might split with Tennessee. Lose to NE, possible win with Bills, possible with Miami, lose at Detriot, possible at Kansas City. So, yeah, possible 5 or 6 wins, could be less though. Hate to say it.

There is no doubt that our line is going to get Luck hurt at some point this season. That is why I thought waiving Harnish was a mistake. Unless we get to put him on the ps. But, if he doesnt get hurt some how, I will say 5 maybe 6 wins. That is what I thought at the beginning of the season. Lets look at the schedule. We will not win in Jacksonville. We will not win either Texans games. We might split with Tennessee. Lose to NE, possible win with Bills, possible with Miami, lose at Detriot, possible at Kansas City. So, yeah, possible 5 or 6 wins, could be less though. Hate to say it.

I view Houston as two possible W's, they may be resting by then.

Well week 15 they will not be resting anyone, especially at home. Week 17, maybe. But, I think the AFC is going to come down to the last week for the top teams. They probably will be playing all for playoff standings.

You're probably right, I'm just making my predictions based off of the division.

What, do mean like they were vs the Packers?

Ha! I don't know outside of that game Houston seems to be the only constant in the AFC. Baltimore's Defense in plagued with injuries, I'm not sold on Denver, and New England could lose a few division games. I'm sure I'm wrong though.

Iguess Stanton will be their guy should something happen. Still, it would have cool to Luck and Harnish develop together