Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen & Anthony Castonzo fined for unnecessary roughness during Vikings game

Coltswarriors

A bunch of crap! Luck took a head slap on one play and D Brown had his face mask grabbed on another that were never called..so it was "necessary" roughness! Get `em Dwayne and Anthony!

Yep it's called pay back and the league needs to fine Jared Allen too.

As I remeber it;

Well after the whistle blew, Allen was driven backward toward the pile of players on the ground. He'd disengaged and that's why he could be driven backward. Once his heels made contact with the pile, he had to make a stand or be shoved backward onto the pile. He pushed back to remain standing and it esculated into a full contact shoving session. Brinkley tried to over power Allen, but instead ended power slammed on the turf. Brinkley got what he deserved. Allen did what he had to.

tumblr_m3on6qPmzB1rn6ys0.gif

Where you guys come up with these sometimes.....thanks for the great laughs! What a find!!! Laughing out loud!!!

I am still wondering why Foote did not get a fine for the Collie concussion.....I know that was debated, Allen was intense and grabbed a helmet....loved his intensity. Castonzo keeps it up....he will be our left tackle for years. KUDOS! to AC and Dwayne Allen! :colts: :colts:

You like the younger Colts playing with more passion, no problem.

You like the younger Colts playing unnecessarily rough, more of a gray area.

I like the unnecessary roughness because that's a sign that we are taking it to the opponent and have the mentality that we are gonna hurt them and knock them out!

Constanzo slapped Allen because he was mad at him. Allen got into it with a guy named Jasper Brinkley (from the movie "Children of Men").

All in all, I'm hoping our teammates make up and all is well. We really don't need teammates scruffing with each other like Cutler was doing to his teammates the other week. No place in football for this.

My Opinion on this is not going to be popular at all. I don't have a problem with the Allen fine. Castonzo I can't really speak too because whatever he did didn't stick out in my mind enough to remember it so I can't really speak on it. With Allen though he did something stupid. He reacted to a vet player woofing at him hoping he would do exactly what he did, lose his cool and do something stupid. Allen is the one who knocked the other guys helmet off and then took him to the ground. Had Allen not done those two things he would not have been fined. Up till that point it was pretty much something we saw in a NFL game all the time guys get heated and grab on to the other ones jersey and pretty much just woof at each other and then get separated or keep their cool enough not to do something stupid. Allen didn't. I think the flag was warranted and I don't know if I would have fined Allen for it but I am not going to argue with the fine.

As someone said before yes Allen did react to someone else who started it but just because someone else is being a jerk doesn't give people the right to do something stupid. Look at it this way say you go to a bar and there is a guy there just being a loud mouth jerk and while highly annoying odds are he isn't breaking any laws or anything. Now say someone chooses to react to him by punching him now that person who punched him is guilty of assault which is against the law. Guess which one is going to be arrested and which one isn't? That's pretty much what happened here. The Vikings player was being a loud mouth jerk and Allen reacted to him in a way he shouldn't have which is what got him in trouble.

This should all serve as a very good teaching moment for Allen. You have to keep your cool in those situations and not react. Often times if you don't react you can frustrate the other guy to the point he'll either do something stupid or get so focused on trying to get a reaction out of you he'll stop focusing on what he is supposed to be doing. This was a stupid rookie mistake for Allen that I am sure he'll learn from.

As someone said before yes Allen did react to someone else who started it but just because someone else is being a jerk doesn't give people the right to do something stupid. ya lost me right there, a player has every right to defend themselves, your bar comparison is far off base in my opinion, one 1 hand you have a drunk in a bar yellin and makin a scene but not directly up in your face and not a direct threat to you, on the other hand you have a 250 pound Linebacker or whatever he is grabbing your face mask torquing your head back who yes was likely trying to bait Allen but you cant tell me you wouldnt make it an offsetting penalty in that scenario, whats that teach these guys? that you can get all but mauled but if you retalliate your penalized? sounds messed up to me in my opinion, I watched the tussle on NFL rewind again

As someone said before yes Allen did react to someone else who started it but just because someone else is being a jerk doesn't give people the right to do something stupid. ya lost me right there, a player has every right to defend themselves, your bar comparison is far off base in my opinion, one 1 hand you have a drunk in a bar yellin and makin a scene but not directly up in your face and not a direct threat to you, on the other hand you have a 250 pound Linebacker or whatever he is grabbing your face mask torquing your head back who yes was likely trying to bait Allen but you cant tell me you wouldnt make it an offsetting penalty in that scenario, whats that teach these guys? that you can get all but mauled but if you retalliate your penalized? sounds messed up to me in my opinion, I watched the tussle on NFL rewind again

You have a right to defend yourself. With that said the Vikings player was not doing anything to him that he needed to defend himself from. If you watch it again Allen was doing the exact samething to the Vikings player was doing to him and frankly something we see once in just about every NFL game. What we don't see in every NFL game is what Allen did and that knocking his helmet off (that frankly I think the NFL would have let go had it stopped just there) and then tackling him to the ground. It's probably the last action that drew the fine. That was not needed or called for and it wasn't about Allen defending himself at this point at that point he was being the aggressive party and the other player was defending himself from Allen.

It's the tackle that drew everything. The refs looked like they were going to let everything go up to till that point (largely because it was going to be offsetting to that point in all likely hood) but once Allen tackled him he took it a step too far. That's the message he needs to take from it.

I personally thought the flag on Allen was crap as it appeared both guys were equally at fault there, i'm guessing the only reason Allen got flagged was because the helmet came off. At the same time Allen has the helmet in his hands Brinkley has has hand up near Allen's throat area.

The NFL office must have seen it the same way because Brinkley was also fined.

You have a right to defend yourself. With that said the Vikings player was not doing anything to him that he needed to defend himself from. If you watch it again Allen was doing the exact samething to the Vikings player was doing to him and frankly something we see once in just about every NFL game. What we don't see in every NFL game is what Allen did and that knocking his helmet off (that frankly I think the NFL would have let go had it stopped just there) and then tackling him to the ground. It's probably the last action that drew the fine. That was not needed or called for and it wasn't about Allen defending himself at this point at that point he was being the aggressive party and the other player was defending himself from Allen.

It's the tackle that drew everything. The refs looked like they were going to let everything go up to till that point (largely because it was going to be offsetting to that point in all likely hood) but once Allen tackled him he took it a step too far. That's the message he needs to take from it.

I simply think the refs got it half right, Allen deserved the flag but the penalty should have been offsetting because they were both involved, Allen took him down because the Vikings player would not let go of his facemask, I dont think Allen should have taken him down but flagging one and not the other sends the wrong message that the one who starts it gets away scott free

I simply think the refs got it half right, Allen deserved the flag but the penalty should have been offsetting because they were both involved, Allen took him down because the Vikings player would not let go of his facemask, I dont think Allen should have taken him down but flagging one and not the other sends the wrong message that the one who starts it gets away scott free

I think they were just going to let it go rather than throwing a flag at all since it would have been off setting up to that point. Then Allen took it to far so they threw the flag on him. What the Vikings player did didn't bother me because you see that happen at least once a week if not more and most times it doesn't draw a flag and frankly up to that point Allen was giving as good as he was getting which is why I don't buy the defending himself argument. It was when the helmet came off and Allen took him to the ground that it was just too much and like I said that was on Allen. He needs to not respond there like that because frankly that's probably exactly what the Vikings player was trying to get him to do. If guy want to woof at each other a bit and even put the hands on each other and have a bit of a shoving match most of the times Refs will let that go, when you start knocking helmets off and tackling guys that's going to get a flag and Allen can't do that. Like I said this should be a very good teaching moment for him.

If I remember right allen had a guy behind him and was getting bent backwards after the play, he defended himself by ripping his helmet off and slamming the guy. I was actually impressed that he did that.

Glad you seen this to my freind,had talked about this earlier in week with Brent,bottom line Allen Showed me he wont back down and the competitive fire burns IMO

Lol pay back for late hit on luck

If I remember right, Jared Allen went out after being flagged for the late hit. Castanzo slammed some guy to the ground, but it wasn't Allen. And it wasn't flagged or illegal in any way. Must have been some other play.

I saw the play wih Allen and I loved it and not only did it fire me up it fired up Allen and Luck shortly after Allen scored his first NFL TD and for those who said it was stupid and a rookie mistake get real you do your job through the whistle and because Allen had the upper hand thats what frustrated the defender. Im sure the coaching staff was very happy with the physicality of Allen on that series I know I was.