Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2 point conversion penalty

RockThatBlue

No. It was really bogus. Especially the way it was called. It wasn't called until the Bills appealed for it. This is the kind of stuff that referees should be punished for. 

But referees get the eternal free pass. I go to my job and make a horrendous mistake, I face some kind of discipline. NFL Referees % the bed week in and week out, no one says a word. There is a sore lack of accountability in sports officiating these days based on the outdated thinking that to point out their mistakes and fix them is somehow worse than letting them make mistakes to begin with.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That play is legal at the line of scrimmage.

Then refs blew the call and cost us the game..and they will admit it this week...

The Packers and Patriots run that play all the time

This is the key point, at the line of scrimmage. Nonsense call.

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Apparently, from reading Holder's twitter, the refs told Aiken that it was a penalty because they said he blocked his defender into the endzone.

But yeah, seemed like it was within a yard of the LOS.

Really?/  Its tough to tell with the snow...but I dont think that's true...

The ref might want to look at the tape and see if he still thinks that

Edited by oldunclemark

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Really?/  Its tough to tell with the snow...but I dont think that's true...

The ref might want to look at the tape and see if he still thinks that

Yeah, apparently Aiken said that's not the way it happened. I wouldn't be surprised if one ref "saw" it and was adamant that it's what happened, even though it doesn't look like it did.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and if you saw it as a foul...why did it take 30 seconds and some Buffalo players running their mouths to call it?

Could be that the visibility was poor, the ref thought that he saw a penalty but did not have enough confidence to call it, and then the Buffalo players started complaining about the same thing the ref thought he saw.  That could have given the ref the little additional bit of confidence in what he thought he saw to throw the flag.  I'm not saying that is what happened.  I'm just speculating.

16 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

It gets down to this. If you are looking for something in advance you're more likely to see it. Ala fake news.

That's not fake news.  It's called confirmation bias.  It is something that engineers and scientists have to be aware of and try not to engage in any time that they are analyzing data.

From what it seems like from the commentators it was a bad call.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts get an apology.  

“Hey, hows it going there?  I hope your day is going ok.  By the way we are sorry for royally screwing up.  I know, it happens often.  Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

The NFL

*Please do not reply, it Is not needed”

42 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Could be that the visibility was poor, the ref thought that he saw a penalty but did not have enough confidence to call it, and then the Buffalo players started complaining about the same thing the ref thought he saw.  That could have given the ref the little additional bit of confidence in what he thought he saw to throw the flag.  I'm not saying that is what happened.  I'm just speculating.

That's very possible, JC

..of course,. its also possible he was a Mickey Mouse Brady Bunch wimp who let the big mouth home team players and crowd bully him into something he felt maybe he 'should have seen' but didnt

Edited by oldunclemark

It's 100% a legal play. 

You're allowed to pass block within one yard of the LOS.  

No idea why they flagged it >30 seconds after the play.  

They literally changed the outcome of the game because the referees don't know the rules.  

If this was a team fighting for a playoff spot this would be headline news on all the sports networks.  

In the end, I think I'm done watching the NFL after this season. I might tune into a couple a Colts games since I'm a die hard, but the product the NFL has now is garbage. 

Since Aiken was on the LOS, it wasn’t a penalty. But once again, referees will go unscathed while Aiken may take a hit to his rep for that. Very unlikely, but it really frustrates me that refs can’t be fined or fired for stuff like that. They have literally no penalty for a miss-call by the league. 

52 minutes ago, Introspect said:

You will get a note from the mods for saying that and have your post removed. I was banned for 24 hours because i said feces. Just a heads up.

Bad karma around here my man

No, you got a personal shot warning for calling someone a clueless piece of fecal waste. 

6 hours ago, twfish said:

Talk about a sentence I'd never expect to make me laugh so hard :lol:

You would love my material.. But 75% gets issued warnings......:censored:

I will not call out anyone on the forum for racism or being unjust. Will stick to giving it to to refs and boosting unrealistic expectations. 10-4... roger that

... I can't find the flock... i'm looking

9 minutes ago, Introspect said:

You would love my material.. But 75% gets issued warnings......:censored:

I will not call out anyone on the forum for racism or being unjust. Will stick to giving it to to refs and boosting unrealistic expectations. 10-4... roger that

... I can't find the flock... i'm looking

You are evidently looking in the wrong place.