Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Jabaal Sheard (Merged)

PeterBowman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

This team has 7 draft picks in the first 5 rounds, and he still may not be done with free agency.  I definitely like what Ballard is doing thus far. 

I am glad you brought that up!  7 picks in the first 5 rounds and only a little over 24 hours into Free Agency....I am excited.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I wonder if the three signings at OLB and the release of Robinson mean that CB is now priority number 1 in the draft. CB and ILB still very very bare.

Sheard, Simon, and Mingo aren't the kind of players you alter your draft decisions for.

17 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Sheard, Simon, and Mingo aren't the kind of players you alter your draft decisions for.

Yeah I agree. I like these signings thus far, but in no way should this stop them from getting any top notch pass rushers in the draft if the value adds up.

Ballard is doing exactly what he said.  He will bring in 3-4 really good players from the draft to build around and his free agents will compliment the team.   He is thinking locker room, too. That's exactly what his free agents look like.  He will still look for pass rusher, CB, etc...in the draft, I'm sure.  

Glad we are creating some competition in the line backing corps.  That unit continues to need work in my opinion because we are still lacking a bonafide top notch caliber pass rusher.  Hopefully Ballard finds that in the draft.

I'm also a little nervous signing all these Patriots players.  They seldom thrive away from the Belicheck system. 

Overall...It's a start at least.

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Glad we are creating some competition in the line backing corps.  That unit continues to need work in my opinion because we are still lacking a bonafide top notch caliber pass rusher.  Hopefully Ballard finds that in the draft.

I'm also a little nervous signing all these Patriots players.  They seldom thrive away from the Belicheck system. 

Overall...It's a start at least.

Sheard has had some pretty good years in Cleveland too.

Overall I like the addition, he may be overpaid but that's going to happen if you want to get good players in free agency most of the time.

2 hours ago, BPindy said:

Can anyone tell me if the Colts signed Sheard? I only see 5 threads on it and want to be sure haha 

Just so you are in the know buddy... we signed Sheard today.... don't know about you, but I am prairie dogging!

(hope you know I am having fun and being sarcastic)

39 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Just so you are in the know buddy... we signed Sheard today.... don't know about you, but I am prairie dogging!

(hope you know I am having fun and being sarcastic)

I don't know...I'll just have to wait until training camp to confirm

15 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Are people stupid?  Do they not see the contracts being given out nowadays?

We got a freaking bargain.

FWIW I think this is a good deal for the Colts,and I think Sheard will be a good complementary piece for the defense.

But in no planet, not even one 10 000 light years away can this be considered a "bargain".

On 3/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, NorthernBlue said:

FWIW I think this is a good deal for the Colts,and I think Sheard will be a good complementary piece for the defense.

But in no planet, not even one 10 000 light years away can this be considered a "bargain".

Actually, yes it is a bargain.  You can't compare these things to contracts in the past.  It's funny how EVERY single signing has people astounded without realizing thats just where the league is going.

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

So let me get this straight...

We sign the guy everyone wanted, and people are still finding ways to complain? 

This board is NEVER satisfied. 

I dont know what you thought you were reading, but i had to go back and re-read every post up to yours. No one complained, so i think you are probably just makin % up.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I dont know what you thought you were reading, but i had to go back and re-read every post up to yours. No one complained, so i think you are probably just makin % up.

....Really? 

"We spent too much" isn't complaining? Guess I'm making stuff up.

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He had 8 the year before and he has been in the league 6 years he has had 5 or more sacks every year but one.

Can't really judge a player on something he did 2 seasons ago. He's in his prime and should be just as good as ever. It's worrying that he slowly lost playtime and lacked the discipline with silly Billy

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

....Really? 

"We spent too much" isn't complaining? Guess I'm making stuff up.

First it said "probably spent too much."  The next sentence said basically that that is how FA worked...an acknowlegement is not complaining.

So teah, i think you are at the very least reading tpo much into it. Almost every other post other than the one you picked out was a good acceptance if not glowing endorsement of the deal.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

First it said "probably spent too much."  The next sentence said basically that that is how FA worked...an acknowlegement is not complaining.

So teah, i think you are at the very least reading tpo much into it. Almost every other post other than the one you picked out was a good acceptance if not glowing endorsement of the deal.

You have a Ryan Grigson quote in your signature. I refuse to take anything you say seriously.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Ahhh hello Ad Hominem my old friend...

Isn't Ad Hominem. It's my argument against someone saying I'm making things up when there have clearly been people upset about what we spent on him, rather than being happy we have someone at a good price that is an immediate upgrade over any LB we've had recently.

I can't take anyone seriously who quotes him.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Isn't Ad Hominem. It's my argument against someone saying I'm making things up when there have clearly been people upset about what we spent on him, rather than being happy we have someone at a good price that is an immediate upgrade over any LB we've had recently.

I can't take anyone seriously who quotes him.

Sure it is m8. You're straight up not acknowledging his post and attacking the person rather than is content. All because of a Grigson quote. 

It's a bit pricey but you are going to overpay in FA.  That's just the cost of doing business.  What I like with all the signings so far is they are shedding older guys to get younger, and I don't mind overpaying if the guys are at least in their prime years.  Both Mingo and Simon are 26, and Sheard and Locke are 27.  I know Butler is 30 but I would hope we can retain him for a coupe more years.

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Sure it is m8. You're straight up not acknowledging his post and attacking the person rather than is content. All because of a Grigson quote. 

You clearly read my response how you wanted to.

It's fine. That's what most people on the internet do.