Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Do You Want the Colts to take on Day 2? [Mega-merge]

Day 2 Wishlist  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Colts take on Day 2?

• Noah Spence
    • Reggie Ragland
    • Andrew Billings
    • Jihad Ward
    • Cody Whitehair
    • Mackensie Alexander
    • Derrick Henry
    • Other?

Lots of good football players still on the board. Who you you want to see the Colts take on Day 2? I think Noah Spence would be ideal, but I don't know if he'll still be there. Do any of you guys think we will trade up to get somebody? What are your thoughts?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love Billings. Continue to build the trenches! Indy did it on offense round 1, now go get that stud NT to free up the front 7 on defense!

If Billings is gone, would love Spence, Austin Johnson, Myles Jack, Kamalei Correa, Mackensie Alexander, or Chris Jones.

Would like to see us take one of the OLB/Edge guys that are left- Ogbah, Spence, Calhoun or maybe if one of the safeties that are left- Bell, Thompson or Davis. Lots of interesting guys still there.  If I had to choose one in the second- hoping Spence falls to us.

There is so much defensive talent left on the board. We get to choose in 17 picks, I imagine pretty much any pick will be a welcome addition to the roster.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of Billings. Spence would be great value as well.

I want Kevin Dodd.

Most likely he won't be there so Billings or Spence would be fine.

Tonight, I am going to dream about the draft slide of Kevin Dodd AND the Colts pulling off a trade to acquire another second round pick to take Noah Spence. Our pass rush duo has been rejuvenated!

Whitehair, just to watch this board explode.....  They complained vociferously for years about the OL, and if Grigson were to finally fix the entire OL all at once, and focused on Defense with FA's and next years draft, people would still scream for his head.... Can't fix everything with 6 picks no matter how you slice it.... but hey, maybe a grinding run game can hide a weak D for a year.....

Billings Would be first for me. Give us force at NT and a guy who will keep our LBers free. I think we have now in our DL is decent but not great by any means. I also wouldn't mind Bullard who could be a guy that provides nice pressure from the interior and would be a good Penatration guy. I'd be happy with Spence and Alexander as well though.

It's hard to go wrong in round two... I like Billings, but I can easily count 17 remaining players that I'd be stoked for Indy to get at #48... mostly on defense.

Maybe there's more, but I count 7 remaining D-Lineman that I would draft in a heartbeat (Billings, Reed, Ridgeway, Hargrave, Jones, Johnson, Robinson).

There's Alexander and Fuller at CB. Spence, Dodd, Ogbah, and Correa at Edge. Ragland and Jack inside. Bell and Thompson at S...

Heck, Whitehair or Spriggs might be available and tops on Grigson's board... 

It's mathmatically impossible for all of those guys to be gone by the time 48 rolls around... I don't know Grigson's board, but there will be a worthy player at the pick... I just hope that a WR, RB, TE isn't "BPA" this early in the process.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would like to use our two second round picks on Day Two on Defense.

We have five serious defensive needs.    OLB, CB, DL, ILB, S.

Gotta believe we can address them in Rounds two and three.       (and also in R's 4 and 5 on Saturday!)

When did we pick up another 2nd round pick?

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Calhoun would be a bit of a reach where we are at in the second.  Who is Fackrell?  I'm really hoping for Correa but, I don't know if he'll be there.

Of those 4 players, Spence and Correa would be the only 2nd round value players for me. I think both Calhoun and Fackrell are round 3 guys.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Not to mention we have met w all 4...

Matt Miller is right with his assessment of Colts going C then OLB so far...

When I saw that before the draft I had a feeling he was going to be right. If we get Spence or Correa I think our first 2 picks are perfect. 

Personally getting another OL to solidify our line sounds so great to me. Yes I know we need rush badly but I want andrew to be comfortable in the pocket thats where he does his most damage. We have a whole new D scheme with a linebacker guru as the DC maybe he can change alot(yes i know the uncertainty) but realistically no pass rusher is going to come in here and start like a OL would .. these pass rushers don't even really pop out to me anyways idk why theres a few i like though but wow can you imagine if we picked up clark or spriggs, martin, or Whitehair(my favorite) in the second; especially spriggs he's first round talent.. what a line we'd have.

My mock that I posted in another thread a few days ago said Kelly at 18 and Billings at 48, so I will stick with Billings.

But if we pick Shalique Calhoun, OLB MSU, I'd be happy too.

Especially since the Colts have spoken with Jahid Ward...so an OLB like Calhoun in 2 and DL Ward in 3 looks like a possibility.