Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Do You Want the Colts to take on Day 2? [Mega-merge]

Day 2 Wishlist  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Colts take on Day 2?

• Noah Spence
    • Reggie Ragland
    • Andrew Billings
    • Jihad Ward
    • Cody Whitehair
    • Mackensie Alexander
    • Derrick Henry
    • Other?

1 hour ago, B~Town said:

Please explain how we are set at ILB ... I just don't it see a few guys coming of major injuries and old man rivers then a few camp bodies  / maybe bottom of roster just for depth because we have nobody better

Yeah.....ILB may be debatable now that you mention it. We won't be able to address OLB, DL and ILB in this draft, so I think of those 3, actually DL is the one that we could most afford not to address, depending on Anderson's health and Jones' status.  I'm assuming Jones will be let go and Anderson will not be 100% at the beginning of the year, so we would need to bring in a guy there, and I definitely think we need another NT to complement Parry.  But we could do worse than Kerr as a backup NT, I suppose.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

There will be a player that the Colts are happy to get at pick 48.

Nothing to worry about.

I just saw this day 2 mock from PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft-2/). Going through it, I came up with 20 players that I would be happy with us taking at 48. Since our pick is the 17th in round 2, it's mathematically impossible for there to not be any of those players there for us.

43 minutes ago, Archer said:

Not only that, but inserting Kelly as starting Center frees up Harrison and Holmes to provide interior depth.  I think Harrison could be an okay back-up LG and center.  That could mean that a mid-round, versatile guy could be all we need to round out our roster... 

I could be wrong about this....    Pagano hinted last night that the team could still invest another pick on an O-lineman.

But,  my hunch is the RG and RT will be manned by the following...    Reitz,  Good,   Thornton,  Holmes,  Harrison.    

We'll soon find out.

I'll be very upset if the colts go with a rb this year. Yeah gore is old but next years draft will have a lot of good backs coming in. We just need to defense now. Look at Denver they didn't have a offense. We have an offense, we just need a defense

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

My wild card surprise pick for the third round is the kicker from Florida State.  I know how wild it is but Adam is the oldest player in the league at 42.  The kicker is highly rated as a mid round pick and projected to be a future pro bowl kicker.  

Honestly, this might be the worst idea I have read in the last year...drafting a kicker in the 3rd round...while you just re-signed your current kicker, who is a HOFer....WOW!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Traines said:

Honestly, this might be the worst idea I have read in the last year...drafting a kicker in the 3rd round...while you just re-signed your current kicker, who is a HOFer....WOW!!!!!

HOF players get cut all the time.  They are not untouchable.  When Adam loses it it could come without much warning.  I am not saying we are going to do it.  But, I would consider it.  His contract is not guaranteed.  Only his bonus.  If he loses his job he would be another veteran cut on the final cuts just like other future HOF players.  Happens every year.

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

HOF players get cut all the time.  They are not untouchable.  When Adam loses it it could come without much warning.  I am not saying we are going to do it.  But, I would consider it.  His contract is not guaranteed.  Only his bonus.  If he loses his job he would be another veteran cut on the final cuts just like other future HOF players.  Happens every year.

Yeah, I get that, but I do not get drafting a Kicker in the 3rd, that is ludicrous

If, and that's a big if, they're going for a OT, I think they might as well wait until the 3rd round, unless they're really into Le'raven Clark or Shon Coleman, and don't want to gamble on them being available in the 3rd.

I think Spriggs will be gone when we pick in the 2nd. round.

If Whitehair is there when Grigson's on the clock, i wouldn't mind grabbing him.

The big boys from Alabama (Robinson & Reed) will be gone when we pick. I would have liked one of those guys, but there are a few big DT's who I could easily live with.

Ragland isn't a sexy player, but I wouldn't mind him being a Colt.

The speedy safety from Clemson could maybe be an interesting prospect.

The second round looks actually really good this year. Lots of players I would like to see wearing the Colts uniform.

I am surprised that Andrew Billings, A'shawn Robinson, and Jarran Reed are all still available! 

I was really hoping Kamelei Correa would fall to us but it would be really difficult to pass on A'Shawn Robinson!

I am still hoping for Joe Dahl OG/OT Washington State in the 3rd and DJ White CB Georgia Tech in the 4th 

2 hours ago, Traines said:

Yeah, I get that, but I do not get drafting a Kicker in the 3rd, that is ludicrous

LUDICROUS!  How about a trade back into the second to take a KICKER!  He is no ordinary kicker my friend.  I guess I am not the only one recognizes talent and value.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

LUDICROUS!  How about a trade back into the second to take a KICKER!  He is no ordinary kicker my friend.  I guess I am not the only one recognizes talent and value.  

Yeah, that certainly makes it a good pick

10 hours ago, Traines said:

Yeah, that certainly makes it a good pick

Well an NFL team thought he was worth trading into the 2nd. round for.  I was talking 3rd.  I take the kicking position very seriously.  You see kickers being turned over DURING the regular season all the time.  We have been very fortunate all these years.  Age catches up to all athletes and you don't know when.  With kickers the misses hit you in the face.  Too many wide rights then panic sets in. If there are other kickers in this years draft that are NFL prospects I hope we bring them in even if it means drafting one.  

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well an NFL team thought he was worth trading into the 2nd. round for.  I was talking 3rd.  I take the kicking position very seriously.  You see kickers being turned over DURING the regular season all the time.  We have been very fortunate all these years.  Age catches up to all athletes and you don't know when.  With kickers the misses hit you in the face.  Too many wide rights then panic sets in. If there are other kickers in this years draft that are NFL prospects I hope we bring them in even if it means drafting one.  

Let me guess.... you have played soccer your whole life??   i will go as far as to say you thought about trying out to be the kicker for your high school team but you didnt do it.  be honest, how accurate am I?

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Let me guess.... you have played soccer your whole life??   i will go as far as to say you thought about trying out to be the kicker for your high school team but you didnt do it.  be honest, how accurate am I?

I wish I could say you were accurate but you are not.  I went to a small high school with no football.  It was a fast growing district so it was added shortly after I graduated.  I am just worried about Adam.  He missed some extra points last year and a few field goals I thought he should have made.  I know everybody misses but I have to say at age 42 I now find myself holding my breath every time he approaches the ball.  Maybe it's time to get younger in the kicking game  before we experience our own nightmare of "wide right".

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I wish I could say you were accurate but you are not.  I went to a small high school with no football.  It was a fast growing district so it was added shortly after I graduated.  I am just worried about Adam.  He missed some extra points last year and a few field goals I thought he should have made.  I know everybody misses but I have to say at age 42 I now find myself holding my breath every time he approaches the ball.  Maybe it's time to get younger in the kicking game  before we experience our own nightmare of "wide right".

Adam is fine