Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

IndyD4U

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we have to move on cause they ain't going to bring him back based on how they've handle some of the other ones from this year and last year.  It was a pleasure Luchez, but so long.   Hopefully Jalil Brown can pick up the slack.  I hate it but we should have no problem finding somebody like Purifoy in next years UDFA pool or low draft pick selection.

Wow. Another undrafted fan forum favorite gets released.

People like to root for an underdog / like to hope that a diamond can be found in the rough.  Ergo, people tend to really cheer for these obscure / UDFAs that flash potential.  Thus, when such a player fails, people are disappointed.  I don't think such is cause for mockery.

People like to root for an underdog / like to hope that a diamond can be found in the rough.  Ergo, people tend to really cheer for these obscure / UDFAs that flash potential.  Thus, when such a player fails, people are disappointed.  I don't think such is cause for mockery.

I wasn't mocking anyone. I actually thought he would stick and prefer him much more than Whalen.

I doubt Purifoy was cut for concussion reasons, most likely breaking a team rule.

He ate Irsay's pie yesterday? :-))

Speaking seriously: I agree with you, he must have broken some rules, and it is nothing to do with football. He was on short leash anyway due to his off-the-field concerns. The kid has the talent, so the fact he remained UDFA is speaking for itself.

Still I expect him back on PS, I think this is kind of prod from coaches.

Isn't Derrell Revis an unrestriced free agent next year - lol.  Not sure if we have the money to swing that deal, but that would be a sweet corner duo.  Toler moved to nickle and Butler moved to dime.  Maybe get a free safety with great coverage skille in the draft.  We have no depth if Toler or Davis go down.  I wouldn't be opposed to using our 1st 2 picks on the secondary.

Man the lack of depth at CB and WR is troubling. It really doesn't look good if Toler or Davis goes down. Wonder who we could get at this point.

We get thinned out because we filled our draft and pick ups with talented players, some of whom are of suspect character. So where are the LaVonn Brazill, Da'Rick Rogers, Nu'Keese Richardson, and adding to the list, Loucheiz Purifoy?  All of these guys were to be our developmental depth and a few fans were constantly clamoring for a couple of them to get reps with the 1's.  It appears they all got the 1's alright, the one way boot via the waiver wire.

I am convinced and now discount the claim of some fellow fans that our leaders and locker room can contain the likes of a LeGarrette Blount or Richie Incognito, and we should go after that type.  Why heck, they can't even keep some of our promising rooks in line enough to develop a career.  At least Incognito had a few years under his belt with one team in the league.  The others will bounce around like Blount unless the get a Chris Carter wake up moment from this.

One thing seems to be certain, if you can play, the Colts may give you a shot. If you're a knuckle head, you'll likely get a free pass out of town in short order as well.  Our coaches want to coach, not baby sit.

Nukeese Richardson didn't stay because they didn't feel what he brought to the table as an athlete was what the team needed.  It had zero to do with anything he did on a behavioral level in the present.  He was not released on an "In House Deal" like the rest of these guys.

Purifoy was cut for "a string of minor, in-house disciplinary issues".

A string of minor disciplinary issues prompted #Colts to waive Loucheiz Purifoy: http://t.co/D38LtpKTbG via @indystar

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

November 27, 2014

You have got to be kidding me man one little issue and you are gone the colts are the stupidest team in the league when it comes to decision making one little slip up and your gone is stupid I don't like the move at all.

You have got to be kidding me man one little issue and you are gone the colts are the stupidest team in the league when it comes to decision making one little slip up and your gone is stupid I don't like the move at all.

They give players plenty of chances most of the time!

Not sure what all happened but lines have to be drawn. Endless chances are not the answer. No one has picked up Da'Rick yet, and the Broncos didn't exactly strike gold with Josh Boyett.

Nukeese Richardson didn't stay because they didn't feel what he brought to the table as an athlete was what the team needed.  It had zero to do with anything he did on a behavioral level in the present.  He was not released on an "In House Deal" like the rest of these guys.

Could be, but didn't we sign him, and release him 2 days Later?  The sign him again and release him more?  Al  the while Pagano said we did our due diligence?  Seems to me they would know if he could play and crack the lineup without the merry go round.  And we did have a stacked (at the time) WR list. But I defer... if not fully on board. Urban Meyer and Lane Kiffin fought hard over the kid.  Talent was Percy Harvin like. So it went away?  Not even enough left to beat out Whalen? Maybe...  I think there's more.

Reading comprehension 101 - what part of a "string" of disciplinary issues is difficult to understand?  This is not about one incident at all. They cut the guy over a Holiday in prep for a week when they have numerous issues of health at that position.  Tells me the guy proved himself to be a clown.