Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Vick Ballard out for season w/ torn Achilles

MTC

Yes it's not good news and I fell bad... Soo all of a sudden all of our running backs SUCK and arnt capable of anything? Just becuase Ballard goes down who most likely wasn't going to make a huge impact unless Bradshaw or Trent goes down.

I don't get this... Our RB situation is FINE at this moment. And none of you can say whether Titpon or Boom is good or not. You barely have saw them play. The first day you saw Tipton was at camp where he actually played well.. Give guys a chance and quit acting like our offense just fell apart.

It was our 3rd RB that went down we can make it past this together! I promise we can!

I assumed Vick would have been number two, and Bradshaw was the one I was worried about... and thought would be brought in in blocking situations. We will roll with what we got, but you have to game plan for anything.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you all are panicking like we don't have RB depth.

Everyone just take a deep breath, seriously

We hate this because we like Ballard so much.  Hate the injury because it may be the end of his career and most of us wanted to see him back on the field, making more helicopter TD's.  

The mods still showing seeblu has 0 warning points.  Am I in the mods doghouse? 

We hate this because we like Ballard so much.  Hate the injury because it may be the end of his career and most of us wanted to see him back on the field, making more helicopter TD's.  

The mods still showing seeblu has 0 warning points.  Am I in the mods doghouse? 

How would 0 warning points mean you're in the doghouse? Zero warning points is a good thing...

By the way, so everyone reading this knows, YOU CAN ONLY SEE YOUR OWN WARNING POINTS. Other posters cannot see them. 

Also.... Everyone hated on brown until last season! Don't act like you knew he was gonna have a great season! If anything he may suck again! It was a contract year and he randomly showed up!

Everyone hates in Trent let's see what he can do... It took Donald 3 years. Also quit counting young new guys out until you see them play a little! They will suprise you

Also.... Everyone hated on brown until last season! Don't act like you knew he was gonna have a great season! If anything he may suck again! It was a contract year and he randomly showed up!

Everyone hates in Trent let's see what he can do... It took Donald 3 years. Also quit counting young new guys out until you see them play a little! They will suprise you

Brown didn't randomly show up, Brown actually stayed healthy, When stayed healthy he showed he could produce in a Scat Back type role

Not sure why you all are panicking like we don't have RB depth.

Everyone just take a deep breath, seriously

we thought that about the killer b's last year until it ended with us trading our #1 pick for a much maligned rb. We have invested a lot in trich.... He really needs to perform. I know brown got a nice contract in SD but sure would have been nice to have him.

We need a new Conditioning coach... this every year before (during) the season ever starts stuff is.....@%&$%&

Hey DB can you hear me now... you got Horizon???

Yeah this trend we have had over the last 5-6 years of generally being one of the most injured teams has me wondering about our training staf and the strength and conditioning. I dont see how we constantly have all the injuries we do year after year just by chance or bad luck. I know injuries are gonna happen, everyone get them and its a part of the game. Got it, but to have the trend we have makes at least me wonder.

There's a lot of things that could happen to this team that are far worse than losing a 3rd string running back coming off an ACL injury.

Very true.  Shooo Shooo go away injury bug. We don't like you!!! I was determining Ballard as a 3rd string too. The Colts will be fine as long as we don't lose any starters. Besides...TDog is gonna rush for 1,800 yards. Book it!

We go into the season with 2/3 of our RB trying to rebound off injury. Rolled the dice and it didn't take long to turn up craps. Bad way to hedge our bets. Hopefully Bradshaw isn't next...but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it through the season either. Another year...same old injury plagued team.

This is why the Colts should have signed Brown having discussed this many times on the forum. Ballard and Bradshaw both coming of injuries and being unsure of Richardson Grigson should have played it safer

BRown was overpaid, Id rather have no depth than pay him what he got from SD.

We go into the season with 2/3 of our RB trying to rebound off injury. Rolled the dice and it didn't take long to turn up craps. Bad way to hedge our bets. Hopefully Bradshaw isn't next...but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it through the season either. Another year...same old injury plagued team.

This had NOTHING to do with an old injury folks

Short of losing Luck this is about as bad as it gets. Now we are left we injury-prone Bradshaw and old what's his name.

Robert Mathis

Reggie Wayne

Vontae Davis

Dwayne Allen

Coby Fleener

Jerrell Freeman

Just to name a few who're far more important to the team than Ballard. He's a RB, easily replaceable

Have these players not tried yoga!?

I love yoga! It worked back in high school!

Ha! I love yoga too. My fiancée got me into it. I though I was in good shape before I actually tried it. I was amazed at its difficulty and what it did for me.

Namaste

Everyone needs to just step back take a breath and relax.

Trent is our bell-cow. He will prove it this year. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. Vick would have been our 3rd RB. I just feel bad him. Has to mess with your head

This is really lame for Ballard but coming off a torn ACL. He was our 3rd back

Trent is capable look at his rookie numbers. Bradshaw is the back up nothing has really changed looks like Boom will get the chance a lot of people have called for so will Tipton who sounds very interesting.

I would not be surprised to see Fozzy Whittaker brought in played in Cleveland last year didn't get much time. Did return 3 KO's for 34.3 average.  I had Josh in 2 leagues saw some flashes sure Chud is familiar with him.

Maybe we will have to throw the ball a little more too bad we aren't stacked up with TE's and WR's . Could use a franchise QB too... hey wait a minute

I just hate seeing this kind of thing happen to young promising players. I was looking forward to watching him this year.

An ACL tear and now an Achilles Tendon tear. That's very tough, but he's a tough guy, so he'll come back. It should take about 4-8 months to recover.