Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears post game thread

GoColts8818

I will say I think Richardson’s throwing confidence is shot right now.  You could tell he was thinking way too much on that deep shot to AD.  I think you need to lean on the ground game (and that includes Richadson) right now.  Richardson’s last run you could see his running confidence come back a bit.  He looked like he did running in the Texans game last year.  As for helping Richardson dump off screens with a deep shot or two mixed in early next week to get him going.

• Like 6

I'm not sold on AR. I trash wasn't a fan of the pick. I'm still in the camp we should trade him. If teams are calling about Young then AR would surely easily get moved. Accuracy IS needed in this league and you just can't teach that.

-Peace

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is what lifting up your young QB looks like. Steichen settled down second half and leaned on JT. 

Defense looked good but not looking too much into that with how bad the bears offense and Oline is.

Williams was just as bad as AR. It was a game of basically two rookie QB.

Lean on AR's legs too. There's enough to take away from this game to get better, both good and bad. The injuries piling up are concerning, but I like seeing some growth with players and the team able to finish with a win. Keep growing. 

• Like 3

Nice response by the defense, but the Bears are an awful offense ATM. I hope our injured players aren't out for too long. Latu made an incredibly clutch play, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

AR played bad again. Steichen didn't help put him in a situation to succeed until the end of the game however. The red zone interception is a rookie mistake where he should of simply taken the field goal. No need to play hero ball and force it when The score is 0-0 in the first half. The 2nd half interception was disgusting tbh. The main thing I'd like to see him improve on this season is how he sails his throws. If he improve on that singular aspect of his game, then we're in business. 

Steichen, please give the ball to JT. Good things happen when you do, I promise you. It also takes the pressure off of AR, which he needs as he is acclimating to the league 

• Like 2

Nice to get our first win out of the way! AR still needs to settle down on his short to mid range throws. Defense continued off of the second half rally they had last week. Shane didn't dare take Taylor out of the game this week unless needed. Feed JT!!!!

Now let's hope the injury sheet doesn't look too bad.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

I'm not sold on AR. I trash wasn't a fan of the pick. I'm still in the camp we should trade him. If teams are calling about Young then AR would surely easily get moved. Accuracy IS needed in this league and you just can't teach that.

-Peace

You are going to be stuck in that camp my friend. No chance at all.

We won, but what a clownshow.

• AR had a bad game. Cam Turner needs to get AR solo and GET. ON. THOSE. MECHANICS!
  • Steichen had 3 terrible quarters of playcalling. What a mess! Then we finally got it going in the 4th!
  • Bradley had 3 quarters of good-ish playcalling, then he decided prevent defense with a full quarter to go was a good idea. Fire this guy faster please!
  • Leaning on JT is a good idea!
  • Jones finally had a GAME!
  • Cross is way better at SS as expected.
  • Franklin and Speed are duds. Sorry, but that's just what it is.
  • Latu with the strip-sack!
  • Like 6

Glad we won today. Taylor looked great again and the defense did better against the run but did terrible against the pass like normal. However, we only allowed 16 points, so it was good enough.

Richardson sucks right now. He needs more finesse on his passes and still needs to learn how to throw the ball short. Despite the win, I have no confidence in AR right now.

• Like 2

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

You are going to be stuck in that camp my friend. No chance at all.

Oh I'm sure that camp is going to be desolate. I agree. Doesn't mean it shouldn't happen though. Ballard loves dying on his hills

4 minutes ago, b a y s k i said:

It's almost as if a young team needs playtime to gel together

It's not really a young team though. We have 3 rookies playing the rest are veterans. It needs to be better out of the gate.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

-Peace

You want to trade AR after his 7th game ?  I'd say the odds are like 1 in 500 that happens this year. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The QB is young. We are going to struggle. What we want to see is improvement as the season goes on.

Yeah, we need to see improvement  in his accuracy on short and intermediate passes. Do you honestly think we will??

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Not happy we allow Caleb Williams to look competent. We should've had this game all along. Great running the ball but throwing isn't impressive..

Now we somehow gotta figure out whatever wizardry the Steelers have going for them..

He was just as bad as AR. He was just as inaccurate and doesn’t even read a defense as well.

Too many dumb penalties. AR doesn’t know when to unleash his cannon and when to apply touch on his throws. JT definitely looks slippery and quick. Latu strip was fun. This was a big W to keep our hope alive. No reason we can’t beat the Steelers next week and we’re 2-2 and the season gets interesting. Go Colts! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The QB is young. We are going to struggle. What we want to see is improvement as the season goes on.

Agree, there are just too many misfires by our veteran players right now.

AR's confidence has no doubt taken a hit when it comes to passing. They need to lean on the run and let AR have some easy completions. Build him up again.

Also, they REALLY need to get on his mechanics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Agree, there are just too many misfires by our veteran players right now.

AR's confidence has no doubt taken a hit when it comes to passing. They need to lean on the run and let AR have some easy completions. Build him up again.

Also, they REALLY need to get on his mechanics.

I think Steichen figured it out the second half. It worked today because bears offense was not good either. Next week will be tough. Fields presents all kinds of problems.

The best thing for the team and AR long term I think is to sit him for now. He’s too inaccurate. He’s starting to have confidence issues too. Like Brady said, the league has to get back to developing young players and not forcing them to play when they’re not ready. Look at how Darnold, Baker, and Geno turned their careers around. Heck even Malik Willis looks decent.

I also think Bradley had to be fired. 363 yards to a rookie QB is unacceptable.

• Like 2

Steichen’s halftime comment that AR’s brutal interception in the end zone was his fault because of the play call was a terrible look. It’s OK to say AR made a bad decision. He’s a man, the face of the franchise — I’d hope he can take some criticism. If the Colts baby AR like this behind the scenes, it’s a concern.