Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick #46/ #82 What's Available Day 2? Discussion

w87r

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'll take another shot at this.

Since this team needs upgrades more than holes filled, I'd consider trading pick 46 for another teams 2025 first round pick if the right player isn't there.  It happens.  Teams have made that trade before.

Then next year, hopefully if its a better draft, we can get two upgraded positions with two first round picks.  And probably have more clarity on AP, TEs, and CBs.

It doesn't happen often.  Most of the time it happens for picks at the top of the second.  But if a team offered a first next year for our second this year, absolutely.   Then I could root for them to be terrible next season

Runs 4.42

Lines up multiple places.

Does Special Teams. Punt Return

CU program is all NFL so should acclimate well.

Remember Ballard talked specifically about what we lost when Dulin went down. Weaver had to step in a similar circumstance when Travis Hunter got injured. 60 plus catches almost 1000. Yards and 4 TD. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

My expectations have always been for the Colts to add a really promising WR prospect sometime on Day 2. I'm starting to think that might not happen. The late run on WRs kind of sucked the value out of the second round, IMO. There are some guys, but a couple that I thought would be there are gone already, and I bet a couple more go early tonight. Plan A has been severely compromised.

Beyond that, I could easily see DeJean or Cooper being BPA when we're on the clock, and if so, those picks would make perfect sense. And we're still without a significant add at WR.

So if it goes that way over the next couple days, I wonder what Plan B would be. Find a trade for a young guy, maybe Drake London? Maybe a Diggs-like deal for someone that isn't on our radar? Any chance the Bears are thinking about moving DJ Moore? 

I've been on the train of thought that if we didn't draft a WR in round 1, we wouldn't draft one in the first 4 rounds

I think it's funny how everyone is so down on WR this round now. There's still a couple really nice options, just depends on the next 12 picks. 

Edit - if you need me I'll be on my island praying for Franklin 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wig said:

I think it's funny how everyone is so down on WR this round now. There's still a couple really nice options, just depends on the next 12 picks. 

I love a lot of the WRs in round 2 and 3. I just don't know if any will be left when we pick at this rate! 😅 They're going quickly!

2 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I love a lot of the WRs in round 2 and 3. I just don't know if any will be left when we pick at this rate! 😅 They're going quickly!

This run was expected to me. Think it's mostly over now though.  Patriots might get the last one before we pick

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Let’s see what happens with those 5th picks before we lose our minds 

Too late

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I think I saw where we now pick at 52

Ballard will trade out of this draft to 2025

Curious if we would have taken Cooper. That said, there's a real chance they end up with the same guy as 46 as well. We'll never know but 6 spots isn't a killer. Roster spots are going to be tough if we don't trade back up though

1 hour ago, wig said:

Bump. Not my #1 obviously but I'll take it

Well Done Ballard!

`#27 ranked prospect by Daniel Jerimiah

Mitchell has outstanding size, toughness and polish for the position. He is fast and has a long stride. He has surprisingly good route polish for a bigger receiver. He understands how to change tempo, and he's clean getting in and out of breaks. He gave Kool-Aid McKinstry a lot of trouble in the Alabama game last September, finishing with three catches for 78 yards and two TDs. He has some wow catches on fades and 50/50 balls. He can climb the ladder, hang and finish (SEE: his TD grab against Washington in the College Football Playoff). It looks like he gets a little lazy at times on the back side of routes, assuming the ball is going elsewhere. He doesn't have a ton of production after the catch. Overall, though, Mitchell is an ideal X receiver. He can make plays when covered, and he's a real weapon in the red zone.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Khyree Jackson  or Jaden Hicks would be an amazing round 3 pick

Love both of them. But I'd put Cole Bishop above slightly. Hoping we use the two 5ths to jump up to get a guy like any of the 3

• Like 1