Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Dillusion

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

TROLL Alert  :stir:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

You are a weird fan... 

BTW did you give up on your hate for Jordan Love? 

He still loves his Air Raid guys in Anthony Gordon and Garden Minshew, funny he never vouched for THE Air Raid guy in Patrick Mahomes. :) 

• Like 1

I get your point, but what does it achieve? It’s not abnormal to rally behind and invest in a 1st round QB. You don’t use the 4th overall pick and then just not spend resources to set them up to be your franchise guy. Yeah, sometimes it doesn’t work out and GMs lose their jobs over it. And yes, some people are already sold that he’s gonna be elite, but generally most people are just intrigued and see the potential. I’m actually less concerned at this point on how he develops than I am with him staying healthy this year. We’ll never know who he really is if he doesn’t play.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Well,   I bet he knows how to spell delusion

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superman said:

If you dig into the archives, you have the negativity towards Jordan Love not amounting to anything, and then the praise for Anthony Gordon, who is not even in the league. I hope the OP keeps his day job, whatever it is.

Actually I am happy AR is on his bad side. :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If you dig into the archives, you have the negativity towards Jordan Love not amounting to anything, and then the praise for Anthony Gordon, who is not even in the league. I hope the OP keeps his day job, whatever it is.

Actually I am happy AR is on his bad side. :) 

Loved Jake Fromm and wanted Josh Rosen, also.

29 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

So you are complaining about people who think AR will be good but in the same post say you think he will be a bust.   No information for either side to say that stuff but it is odd that you just choose the other side to do the exact same thing.  

I am not sold that AR will be great, but I am also not confident that he will bust.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Wowza….     

“I guarantee it.”    

Famous.   Last.   Words.      :facepalm:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I guess he is going with the broken clock theory that he will be right 2 times a day. So, he is going to swing about 24 times to get a hit rate of 2. So, sorry Colts forum fans, more is bound to come!!! ☹️

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

This is nothing but reactionary hysteria.  It’s fine to have these opinions and you’re not alone but this is far from an objective analysis.  It’s projecting your fears in my opinion.  

I posted before reading the whole thread.  Appears I am being too nice.  But thanks for getting me to 300 posts

• Like 1

a good opinion

To be honest, I should have stopped reading when the title was spelled wrong. And badly. Combine that with the punctuation, sentence fragments, run-on sentences and giant paragraphs of opinion. 

You are entirely right, we don’t know about Richardson yet, but you’ve provided no evidence to support your argument. You’ve stated opinion disguised to look like fact. And for that, I award you the following response:

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

adam sandler comedy GIF

• Like 2