Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Dillusion

On 3/11/2024 at 3:06 PM, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

What an attention seeking post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

This is yet to be seen.   We would not have won 9 games with AR last season, so Minshew was better, in my opinion.  AR has his chance in 2024 to show his stuff.

He would have won 10+

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, Indyfan4life said:

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

On 3/11/2024 at 3:59 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saved By The Bell 90S GIF by PeacockTV

Yes! Yes! More Saved By the Bell references… I’m as shameless with my obsession for this show as the OP is with his random negativity lol 

• Like 1

OP is being very hyperbolic but I think our fan base, by and large, has been to quick too just assume we have the QB position figured out. I've seen that exact phrase on the FB groups and the reddit page.

I think AR looked as good as a young rookie could in his limited playing time, but the dude has never even played a road game. He could be great. He could completely collapse. We really dont know.

I'm still in the cautiously optimistic camp.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Did I not watch the same QB that everyone else did? To think that Minshew is better than AR is the most hilariously ridiculous opinion. I would think it was a joke if I didn't know how absolutely insane our fan base can be at times.

You want my opinion? If AR is healthy from here on out, I guarantee he will be in talks for winning MVP multiple times in his career. Come at me! 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DattMavis said:

I'm confused. Did I not watch the same QB that everyone else did? To think that Minshew is better than AR is the most hilariously ridiculous opinion. I would think it was a joke if I didn't know how absolutely insane our fan base can be at times.

You want my opinion? If AR is healthy from here on out, I guarantee he will be in talks for winning MVP multiple times in his career. Come at me! 😉

Honestly I don’t think any of us have seen enough of AR to make any claim. Ballard says he’s a pocket passer…..well let’s see more of that for a whole season.

The Delusion is people who didn't see the plays he made at Florida AND the Flashes he showed in his few NFL games, even with limited college reps. 

He's the most gifted QB in football with a brain and drive to succeed big time. 

I think he will join Allen, Herbert, Burrows,  and Maholmes in a year or two as the best QBs in the league. 

.......just my 2 ¢ 

• Like 2

No one knows at this point if any of the rookie QBs from last year will be any good long-term. You can only look at their play. Let's look at AR who we were told was very inexperienced.

1st Game Jacksonville who dominated us the year before. He almost led us to a win and had us in the game until the very end. FYI he did not get "hurt" in the Jacksonville game. He was hit late and had to come out for ONE play. He would have gone back in but at that point, the game was over.

2nd Game Rams (playoff team, experienced defense) He led us back from a 20-point deficit. It was pretty exciting. We lost because Shane made some questionable decisions in Overtime. 

3rd Game Houston. Everyone is afraid of Houston on this forum. AR dominated them. He was injured in the game not because he was injury-prone but because he made a Rookie mistake and let up on an easy TD got lit up (another cheap shot) and got a concussion which any player would have received.

4th Game Titans. Was once again dominating the game. He suffered a season-ending injury when he was tackled. The major concern that I see is that when AR gets tackled he does not know how to fall in such a way as to protect himself. Hopefully, the Colts will work on that. 

So bottom line in 4 games AR was fun to watch and a really good player. Only time will tell the final result.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

He would have won 10+

Funny you would say that since Minshew played and won the 2 wins that AR is credited with (I believe I remember reading that), but either way, the record was .500 before his injury.  So I would say, at best we would have won 8 or 9 games.   No need to harp on this because it really isn't important because we don't know.  I am hoping he wins 10+ this next season.

Everyone has their own opinion on what AR can/will become, but I will never understand people who actively root against Colts players becoming successful just so they can be right. I didn’t like Levis at all as a player and I’m glad the Colts didn’t draft him, but if they did, I would’ve supported him 100% and gladly eaten crow if I ended up being wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

No one knows at this point if any of the rookie QBs from last year will be any good long-term. You can only look at their play. Let's look at AR who we were told was very inexperienced.

1st Game Jacksonville who dominated us the year before. He almost led us to a win and had us in the game until the very end. FYI he did not get "hurt" in the Jacksonville game. He was hit late and had to come out for ONE play. He would have gone back in but at that point, the game was over.

2nd Game Rams (playoff team, experienced defense) He led us back from a 20-point deficit. It was pretty exciting. We lost because Shane made some questionable decisions in Overtime. 

3rd Game Houston. Everyone is afraid of Houston on this forum. AR dominated them. He was injured in the game not because he was injury-prone but because he made a Rookie mistake and let up on an easy TD got lit up (another cheap shot) and got a concussion which any player would have received.

4th Game Titans. Was once again dominating the game. He suffered a season-ending injury when he was tackled. The major concern that I see is that when AR gets tackled he does not know how to fall in such a way as to protect himself. Hopefully, the Colts will work on that. 

So bottom line in 4 games AR was fun to watch and a really good player. Only time will tell the final result.

I blame the Rams loss on Bradley’s defense. He played them super soft and Stafford carved us up for an easy OT touchdown. Richardson was amazing in that game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Everyone has their own opinion on what AR can/will become, but I will never understand people who actively root against Colts players becoming successful just so they can be right. I didn’t like Levis at all as a player and I’m glad the Colts didn’t draft him, but if they did, I would’ve supported him 100% and gladly eaten crow if I ended up being wrong.

@lennymoore24 is a troll. Pay him no mind.   He hated the AR pick immediately 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How about this? Since Luck left it has been it has been an extended stay at the * & Moan Mote for Colts fans. All teams/fans have % seasons, but you can't complain about something that has yet to happen. We got a sniff of AR last year so what we know now is..................... NOTHING! Ever heard of the "wait & see approach"?

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

How does that make him a troll?

He’s made the same long thread four times (I believe @Superman posted links to each of them earlier in this thread) and doesn’t respond to anyone once he post it.  He also doesn’t post about anything else.  That’s pretty much the very definition of a troll, throwing out something you know others won’t like to try to get a reaction.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 9:16 PM, Patrick Miller said:

Honestly I don’t think any of us have seen enough of AR to make any claim.

Yet you agree with Lenny Moore.

It is pretty clear that you and Lenny Moore have already made up your minds on Anthony Richardson.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Yet you agree with Lenny Moore.

It is pretty clear that you and Lenny Moore have already made up your minds on Anthony Richardson.

Im just not ready to say that he’s going to pan out. Haven’t seen enough. I hope he does though.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Im just not ready to say that he’s going to pan out. Haven’t seen enough. I hope he does though.

I think that’s fine and is where I am at.  It’s not where the OP is,  he’s pretty much proclaiming Richardson the biggest bust in NFL history.  There is a gap the size of the Grand Canyon between not being sure if he will work out and being concerned about his injury history and proclaiming drafting him was the biggest mistake in franchise history.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

There is a huge difference between "not ready to say that he's going to pan out" and what Lenny Moore wrote. You liked his comment and you were "confused" by mine.

I don't know how anyone can like his post. It is so offensive. :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There is a huge difference between "not ready to say that he's going to pan out" and what Lenny Moore wrote. You liked his comment and you were "confused" by mine.

I don't know how anyone can like his post. It is so offensive. :facepalm:

I think you two are just missing each other.  I think Patrick’s point to liking the post was more to say hey I can understand why people have concerns about his health and I am not sure if he’s the guy more than it was meant as a support of Lenny.  So he felt like you were going after him for something that wasn’t really his point.  

I THINK Patrick and me are on the same page.  We aren’t ready to crown Richardson yet and have concerns about his injury history but we pulling for him because he’s the Colts’ starter.  We agree with you that there is a huge difference in that stance and where Lenny is at.  I think we all agree Lenny’s post is laughable at best.  

So I think we are all on the same page maybe just missed each others intent with posts and took things the wrong way.  Happens on message boards now and then.  

I could be wrong but that’s my outside third person perspective on reading both your guys posts.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think you two are just missing each other.  I think Patrick’s point to liking the post was more to say hey I can understand why people have concerns about his health and I am not sure if he’s the guy more than it was meant as a support of Lenny.  So he felt like you were going after him for something that wasn’t really his point.  

I THINK Patrick and me are on the same page.  We aren’t ready to crown Richardson yet and have concerns about his injury history but we pulling for him because he’s the Colts’ starter.  We agree with you that there is a huge difference in that stance and where Lenny is at.  I think we all agree Lenny’s post is laughable at best.  

So I think we are all on the same page maybe just missed each others intent with posts and took things the wrong way.  Happens on message boards now and then.  

I could be wrong but that’s my outside third person perspective on reading both your guys posts.  

Well put! 

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thank you for helping me understand. I appreciate it. I think that Lenny's posts are very offensive. His posts have a pattern and after reading a few of his posts, some of us can read the hidden message.  It is upsetting and disturbing. So, when someone likes his comments, I see that person as being on board with Lenny.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thank you for helping me understand. I appreciate it. I think that Lenny's posts are very offensive. His posts have a pattern and after reading a few of his posts, some of us can read the "latent content".  It is upsetting and disturbing. So, when someone likes his comments, I see that person as being on board with Lenny.

Yeah I am with you on that and as someone who spends way too much of his free time here I am familiar with Lenny’s history but I don’t think Patrick was.  I think all three of us agree Lenny’s posts are trolling as I spelled out in another post I just don’t think Patrick either saw or remembered his other posts and took this one at face value.  Like I said it happens on forums.  Glad we are all back on the same page :)

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 3:50 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Wowza….     

“I guarantee it.”    

Famous.   Last.   Words.      :facepalm:

Unfortunately won’t be the last… we’ll get this same post again and again and again and again… 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for helping me understand. I appreciate it. I think that Lenny's posts are very offensive. His posts have a pattern and after reading a few of his posts, some of us can read the hidden message.  It is upsetting and disturbing. So, when someone likes his comments, I see that person as being on board with Lenny.

Perhaps ban-worthy? Honestly I’m all for an open forum but these posts are always the same and the formula is textbook trolling. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep, anyone with common sense can see his hidden message. It's obvious and pretty offensive actually.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s made the same long thread four times (I believe @Superman posted links to each of them earlier in this thread) and doesn’t respond to anyone once he post it.  He also doesn’t post about anything else.  That’s pretty much the very definition of a troll, throwing out something you know others won’t like to try to get a reaction.

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Click on his name,   read his posts.   

I feel like he needs to do it more often to be considered a troll. That's just me, though. I wouldn't expect him to respond due to the immense backlash from bmthe sentiment of not liking Richardson. 

I looked at his profile briefly. I saw only one other thread about Richardson. Maybe I missed more. 

He just isn't over the top enough for me nor does he do it frequently enough. Although the comments about Minshew are really hard to take seriously. 

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am with you on that and as someone who spends way too much of his free time here I am familiar with Lenny’s history but I don’t think Patrick was.  I think all three of us agree Lenny’s posts are trolling as I spelled out in another post I just don’t think Patrick either saw or remembered his other posts and took this one at face value.  Like I said it happens on forums.  Glad we are all back on the same page :)

Yeah I really wasn’t paying attention to Lenneys previous posts/patterns or committed them to memory.  I can see where his posts seem a bit trollish now though. I wonder what his response  will be if AR DOES turn out to be legit? Silence? I guess we’ll see! 

9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Perhaps ban-worthy? Honestly I’m all for an open forum but these posts are always the same and the formula is textbook trolling. 

You're right. It is textbook trolling. He deliberately posts inflammatory and polarizing comments to rile people up. In addition, he never responds to other members' replies. He drops by once every few months to post the same message and goes away only to be seen a few months later.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2024 at 3:06 PM, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

Your Guarantee ? Is  Funny Ballard Is A * & You A Genius According To You .    Minshew Did His Best But It Was Obvious He IMO Is Not a Starter Good Luck To Him He will Need It ..

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're right. It is textbook trolling. He deliberately posts inflammatory and polarizing comments to rile people up. In addition, he never responds to other members' replies. He drops by once every few months to post the same message and goes away only to be seen a few months later.

Not sure this is within moderators/administrators purview, but whenever I see such trollish behavior I always wonder if this is his only account here?! Because look at it... he logged in, posted, logged out... never to be seen again. Until the next drive by shooting in a few months time. 

• Like 3

OP is just now realizing all of this? A little late to the party. The AR hype train and narratives began even before he was drafted. Once he became a Colts...fuhgetaboutit.

On Twitter, a the day after the SB, a chunk of Colts podcasters/fan accounts were all posting that AR would be the one to dethrone Mahomes. Some of that is trolling other teams and their QBs, but there is a huge contingent of this fanbase that sort of behaves like a cult.

The truth is all we have is a very small sample size, so we can't really draw any conclusions yet. If somebody wants to be optimistic, that's fine with me. But the hyperbole and suplerlatives are a bit annoying at times.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I feel like he needs to do it more often to be considered a troll. That's just me, though. I wouldn't expect him to respond due to the immense backlash from bmthe sentiment of not liking Richardson. 

I looked at his profile briefly. I saw only one other thread about Richardson. Maybe I missed more. 

He just isn't over the top enough for me nor does he do it frequently enough. Although the comments about Minshew are really hard to take seriously. 

Right. Not liking AR doesn't necessarily mean he's trolling. It's a slippery slope to consider an unpopular opinion as trolling, as long they aren't spamming discussion threads with comments or the home page with a bunch of posts they created. If it's just a few posts/comments here and there, it's easy to just ignore and move on (which is always the best thing to do when it looks like trolling anyways). I also think some people use this forum (and others) like a soap box, not because they want to engage in discourse. 

• Like 1